Saints v Hibs, 27th January 2019

9 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yes you probably could. Because when someone questions my service to my country, and the pride and privilege of serving with the men and women of our isles. I dont shirk telling them(and god willing one day to their face) to f**k right off!

happy to meet anyone, anytime, face to face to discuss it.

Who even mentioned your "service to your country"? Nobody gives a f**k.

TPAK thingy is a PC obsessed twat but equally you can shove your "Help a Hero" shite right up your arse. 

Honestly, what a pair. :lol:

Reminds me of an old joke. How can you tell when someone has been in the Armed forces? Within 5 seconds of meeting you they will tell you.

Edited by oaksoft

TPAK thingy is a PC obsessed twat but equally you can shove your "Help a Hero" shite right up your arse. 
Honestly, what a pair. [emoji38]
Reminds me of an old joke. How can you tell when someone has been in the Armed forces? Within 5 seconds of meeting you they will tell you.
A bit like a Vegan ???

12 minutes ago, Irate-Pirate said:
58 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
Honestly, what a pair. emoji38.png

A bit like a Vegan ???

There are striking similarities yes. :lol:

58 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Couldn't agree more.

You've made a bigger arse of yourself than usual LPM. Nobody gives a shit what you have done in service of the English Empire, and for you to bring it up in relation to St Mirren losing a game to Hibs would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic!

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

Ah, where to start.

I don't believe anyone was questioning your commitment or pride in your country (although your rationale for having these views is perhaps a discussion for another day, when your face isn't this really worrying purple colour).

All they were saying it is ever so slightly insensitive to talk about bombs going off when Oran grew up in Northern Ireland, and this was a risk that he grew up with.

I take your point to a degree, but surely to god you can use words in more than one context? If not then the "Waiting to be Offended" brigade could yell their faux outrage if Oran was from Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo, The West Bank, Half of Africa, Half of South America, Berlin or Hamburg etc.. etc.... when there is obviously no cynical intent, dont people just need to wind in the 'I'm offended on someone else behalf" collective necks in?

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Well thats free speech for you! You've managed to intentionally try to offend perhaps millions of people with the statement above. Strange thing is... no one is actually taking offence. Even though thats your intent. Now when i use the word 'bombs' in a sentence that mentions our manager, with absolutely no intent, it seems I have committed an heinous offence.

37 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Couldn't agree more.

You've made a bigger arse of yourself than usual LPM. Nobody gives a shit what you have done in service of the English Empire, and for you to bring it up in relation to St Mirren losing a game to Hibs would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic!

Now that is funny! Try telling it to a few former Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders, you know if you feel so strongly about it.

10 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Despite the result, and throwing away a lead and missing the chance to move up two places, today was the first time this season where it didn't look like we were playing in the wrong league; men against boys, a Championship side against a premiership side. It will take 4-6 weeks for the new players to bed in, and that might not be soon enough to avoid the drop but today was the first time this season where I didn't think we were over run in midfield all game. I thought we carried a decent threat from corner kicks and created a few good chances from open play. McAllister should have put us 2-0 up and even after Hibs went 2-1 ahead we had a few chances to equalise, McAllister had a great shot from outside the box  well saved, and there were a fair few goal mouth scrambles in the Hibs box (as well as our own). I thought Jackson didn't look isolated and McAllister got up and supported him and was giving him a better supply to work with as well.

At half time I thought we had a reasonable chance of keeping a clean sheet, the main threat seemed to be Mallan's corners and the defense was looking fairly comfortable.

I think with 1 or 2 signings possibly arriving in the next day or two and Magennis, MacKenzie, Mullen, Cooke, MacPherson all due back from injury in the next month or so I do think we might go on a reasoanble run and pick up some points. The pieces are coming together, but we need to remain in the hunt over the next few games as we face the likes of Aberdeen and Rangers.

Totally agree, our main weakness yesterday was our lack of options on the bench. If we had Muzak, Cooke,  and Magennis on the bench we could have brought on much need fresh legs for the last quarter. Good display yesterday, a week or two working on shape and formation and we, ll be able to compete with most. 

43 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Couldn't agree more.

English Empire :lol:

What did they bad boys do to you ? 

Give your wee Saltire a wave and have a lie down. 

And anyway, that flag doesn't belong to any Independence group. 

Kemp the Tartan Terror  :lol:

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Try telling it to a few former Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders, you know if you feel so strongly about it.

So in order to have a viewpoint about the Armed Forces, Kemp, by your implication, is somehow duty bound to go right into their faces and yell it? There are ex-servicemen who don't drag their knuckles on the ground or feel the need to wave their "bravery" at all and sundry you know. Clearly you are not one of those though.

Are those Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders approaching Kemp and forcing their Help a Hero pish down his throat like you did in your post?

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
Well thats free speech for you! You've managed to intentionally try to offend perhaps millions of people with the statement above. Strange thing is... no one is actually taking offence. Even though thats your intent. Now when i use the word 'bombs' in a sentence that mentions our manager, with absolutely no intent, it seems I have committed an heinous offence.

You still playing the victim over this?

We can say ah the new players done alright and they did till were blue in the face (pardon the pun ) but if we keep making the same mistakes the same things are gonna happen. Lack of concentration. Not tracking runners. And not clinical in front of goal. There hardly a surprise to any of us it's been happening all season. The goals we lost on Sunday were criminal. The 2nd goal Jackson marking a six foot plus defender [emoji849]

3 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

We can say ah the new players done alright and they did till were blue in the face (pardon the pun ) but if we keep making the same mistakes the same things are gonna happen. Lack of concentration. Not tracking runners. And not clinical in front of goal. There hardly a surprise to any of us it's been happening all season. The goals we lost on Saturday were criminal. The 2nd goal Jackson marking a six foot plus defender emoji849.png

The ones we lost on Sunday weren't too clever either! :P

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And we both employed it. What is your problem?

No, clearly you and a few others want to shut it down, to abuse, to insult. All based on what you think an innocent statement might alternatively mean. 

Our new goalkeeper could be described after gifting the first goal yesterday as a bomb scare? But you know Oran is from Northern Ireland, my mother was Irish, the keeper may well have been in a bomb scare at some point, perhaos a large segment if the crowd yesterday have been too. So we shouldnt use that phrase as we could all have a good greet about it?

Not the first time this season that we've had a good 1st 45 mins and haven't turned up for the 2nd half. The Killie game at home springs to mind when we were also 1-0 up at half-time and went on to lose the game. We know in that situation that the opposition are going to come at us in the 2nd half but just seem to invite it on and end up suffering the consequences. 

We're trying to play far too measured a game and aren't good enough to sit in for 45 mins hoping for a killer 2nd goal on a counter attack. It nearly worked yesterday if McAllister had stuck away his chance but let's face it - it was a chance out of nothing rather than us showing any sort of clinical ability on the counter attack.

Nevertheless, I was encouraged that we were competing in first 45. 

Mistake by Popescu at the first goal but other than that he had a good game. The big man was disappointed with himself. 

Still have the same concerns as others that we're too soft in the middle of the park with McGinn and and Tansey. I'm giving Tansey a pass at the moment as I'm hopeful that he's still getting up to speed after not playing for so long.