Celtic v St Mirren - 23rd January 2019 (with thanks to Eric Arthur Blair)

On Wednesday, January 09, 2019 at 12:23 PM, DougJamie said:

Well I am going , want to see and support our "new " team

Celtic 2 Saints 3 ( TBH 2, Tansey)

Attendance 56789

And my grandson and myself. Hard to guess at the outcome TBH. Hard to "bet" against the home team but we travel in hope rather than expectation. On price: Question: What does it cost to get into similar sized grounds with similar crowds here and in England? 

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I just gave all of mine away to a long time St Mirren Fan for free when I moved house.  Only mementos in the family now are a Glass Mug from 1959, A Glass Mirror from 1987 and Hugh Murray 's Jersey from his final game. 

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:43 PM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Swindon Town are apparently preparing a bid for Magennis which should allow us to bring Andy Millen back on a short term contract and big Pal has indicated he'd like a crack at the premiership.

And his Chum who is a real pedigree at this level

We don't have the luxury of being able to write this type of game off before a ball is kicked.

Our situation is absolutely dire. We need to be taking something from these next few games starting on Wednesday. It could be fatal for us if we get nothing and the others start winning.

Still think we need about 18 points out of the remaining 17 games to be safe.

In reality, not being torn a new one in this fixture would be a result. I fear, with their new signings Celtic are limbering up to give a few teams a right doing. We need to avoid that at all costs, the blow to morale if ship over four goals would last for weeks.

we need big Anton to take on the role of Blakey from On The Buses, and get the whole fleet parked in front of our goal, for the whole game.

We need McPherson and McAliister to start. These guys are willing workers who will chase things down. Against Alloa Flynn was yet again the Invisible Man (bar one wee cameo along a goal line that resulted in sfa) and Tansey is nowhere near match fit. Would prefer an experienced left back but doubt that will happen before Wednesday. I think we need Anton however I thought Baird and Popescu were good on Saturday. I would also play P McGinn at right back instead of Hodson, Lyons dropping into midfield and Cooke up top with Jackson playing behind him.  Park the bus but not too far back.

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

We don't have the luxury of being able to write this type of game off before a ball is kicked.

Our situation is absolutely dire. We need to be taking something from these next few games starting on Wednesday. It could be fatal for us if we get nothing and the others start winning.

Still think we need about 18 points out of the remaining 17 games to be safe.

Pinching unexpected draws added to home wins is the way to avoid relegation and/or the play offs. 

Why not start with this one?  It might turn out to be a Tale From The Unexpected. 

I hope so. 

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Pitch problems at Parkhead. At the risk of opening the door to anti old firm folks..the pitch is diseased apparently and cuts up easily. Might impact on our silky football.

Not sure why they are surprised, there’s a disease that tends to play football on it every couple of weeks.

Disease FC 5-0 Saints, someone (probably Ferdinand) to get a red card.

Tight for the first 85 minutes then we grab the winner - Roy of the rovers defending for all 90 minutes (+ the 9 minutes of injury time the ref permits to give them every chance possible) - I wish.

Hope Oran's tactics and the players manage a real go without too much pain from this one  . .  . :spud6

I also hope they get 2 sent off !  :)