Celtic v St Mirren - 23rd January 2019 (with thanks to Eric Arthur Blair)

This game is made for Lyons. Hope he keeps the head and takes it for the opportunity that it is on such a big stage.
They will target him to wind up, get booked or sent off again. Just be a hero Brad....

No pressure then Brad. Just use your years of experience of playing at the top level and control the game.

2 hours ago, guinness said:

To be honest I cannot remember the names. There was one called. The prince something next to the bus stop for the 61 bus but I sm afraid I cannot be more specific. Lot of dives as well but even in them none has ever bothered me.

Cheers mate. Prince Charlie. I'm sure I'll get thirsty after I leave the City Centre and will need a small libation to keep me going.

OK thats a pint sorted. 

What about the bubbly when we win!!!   :bounce2:bounce1:bounce4

15 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

This is a massive game for Celtic as well as us. Hoping that plays on their minds

Just read the BBC Pre match. Its praying on my mind -- 

BBC coverage

How to follow:
Updates on BBC Radio Scotland 810MW/DAB & the BBC Sport website

• Celtic are unbeaten in each of their last 16 league matches against St. Mirren (W14 D2) since a 0-4 defeat in March 2010.
  • St Mirren's last visit to Celtic Park was in March 2017 in the Scottish Cup quarter-final, losing 4-1 despite leading 1-0 at half-time.
  • Odsonne Edouard has scored five goals and assisted two in his last four home Scottish Premiership appearances for Celtic.
  • St Mirren have won once on the road this season, away to Motherwell in the league last month.
  • Celtic's last home defeat on a Wednesday was in November 2016 against Barcelona in the Champions League - they've won 10 and drawn five at Celtic Park in all competitions since then.

21 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Just read the BBC Pre match. Its praying on my mind -- 

BBC coverage

How to follow:
Updates on BBC Radio Scotland 810MW/DAB & the BBC Sport website

• Celtic are unbeaten in each of their last 16 league matches against St. Mirren (W14 D2) since a 0-4 defeat in March 2010.
  • St Mirren's last visit to Celtic Park was in March 2017 in the Scottish Cup quarter-final, losing 4-1 despite leading 1-0 at half-time.
  • Odsonne Edouard has scored five goals and assisted two in his last four home Scottish Premiership appearances for Celtic.
  • St Mirren have won once on the road this season, away to Motherwell in the league last month.
  • Celtic's last home defeat on a Wednesday was in November 2016 against Barcelona in the Champions League - they've won 10 and drawn five at Celtic Park in all competitions since then.

Do you mean, this could be our second. :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Hladky

P. McGinn    Baird     Ferdinand    Popescu    Hodson

Tansey

S. McGinn                                       Lyons

McAllister

Cooke

Subs: Holmes; MacPherson, Erhahon, Flynn, Jackson, Jamieson

No Jackson?

As an aside, it's going to be freezing at Parkhead tonight. Winter woollies on and a big Italian meal before the game should see me through. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17374259.celtics-hybrid-pitch-has-a-slight-disease-reveals-brendan-rodgers/
Shouldn't there be a pitch inspection first.  Anyone contacted the HSE. :whistle 

Whit, a pitch infection ? Club doctor could have a look [emoji2]

Celtic to have an off night & Saints to sneak a draw.

28 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Wondering if Brenda R, would stick Morgan in the shop window tonight? That would hurt.

Maybe, just maybe, BR was awaiting tonight's result before loaning out players.  :whistle  (not to be taken seriously)

Edited by pod

Everyone thinking we'll go 5 across the back? I don't think we'll do that, OK was quoted saying Lyons can play in front of the midfield or behind the midfield. I reckon we might go with..

Hladky

P.McGinn Baird Popescu Erhahon

Lyons 

McAllister McGinn Tansey MacPherson

Jackson

Lyons providing a bit of dig so that the 4 midfielders ahead of him can fight for the middle of the park. Of course at times we'll be pinned back but McAllister, Macpherson and Jackson capable of causing them problems on the counter

7 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Everyone thinking we'll go 5 across the back? I don't think we'll do that, OK was quoted saying Lyons can play in front of the midfield or behind the midfield. I reckon we might go with..

Hladky

Lyons 

Jackson

Lyons providing a bit of dig so that the 4 midfielders ahead of him can fight for the middle of the park. Of course at times we'll be pinned back but McAllister, Macpherson and Jackson capable of causing them problems on the counter

I like your thinking.  

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Hladky

Lyons 

Jackson

I would love to think that we are that brave  - but doubt it a bit.

I also think Ferdinand will play if he is fit. . . .

Personally I would play MacPherson in with S McGinn but not sure he will be in the first 11 unless Tansey is dropped . .

Also doubt that Hodson will be dropped - but we will soon see . 

Would love to take something from this game other than a thumping and minuses on the goal difference. If we can frustrate them and take something that would be fab . . :)