Celtic v St Mirren - 23rd January 2019 (with thanks to Eric Arthur Blair)

14 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I know we're shite just now but i think our new players might perhaps need a bit more time to settle. This is not the kind of game that we are looking to win but unfortunately it's came when we're in the middle of a transition period and still to buy some more new players.

As I mentioned before even JRs miracle recovery took a while to kick in, the man himself said it wasn't till the Ayr game in late February (25th IIRC) he felt we started playing consistently better - only a month to wait! :toilet

Edited by Bud the Baker

14 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

How long does Kearney’s free pass last for? 

I know it’s Celtic but this is embarrassing, no shape, no plan, nothing, absolutely garbage.

Airdrie caused them more problems at the weekend.

Given that his 1st transfer window has more than 1 week to run I would say the free pass runs out in March if we are going to allow him time to finish the January clear out sign a few players and get the new signings fit, up to speed and integrated... he's also not had Magennis fit for most of his time and he makes a big difference to our often flimsy midfield when he plays.

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

As I mentioned before even JRs miracle recovery took a while to kick in, the man himself said it wasn't till the Ayr game in late February (25th IIRC) at he felt we started playing consistently better - only a month to wait! :toilet

Apart from the old firm we should fancy our chances of getting points from the rest, they're nothing special and maybe next season we can have a go at trying to beat the OF but right now, no chance.

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Given that his 1st transfer window has more than 1 week to run I would say the free pass runs out in March if we are going to allow him time to finish the January clear out sign a few players and get the new signings fit, up to speed and integrated... he's also not had Magennis fit for most of his time and he makes a big difference to our often flimsy midfield when he plays.

I agree with this.

However, this tweet sums up how I felt at half time in the Alloa game. The lack of shape, organisation, and composure on the ball is pretty worrying.

March aye, buy 2020 at the earliest. Time for a bit of stability and to let someone build some foundations.