Celtic v St Mirren - 23rd January 2019 (with thanks to Eric Arthur Blair)

7 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

1 attempt on goal in 75 minutes is horrific stuff.

An improvement on some of our performances earlier in the season.   

We need to remember this is “us” (a struggling side with a new manager, in the process of rebuilding a team) - versus - “them” ( current league champions, with a bottomless purse, who have a team so strong they can’t accommodate Lewis Morgan). 

Reality check folks.  

20 minutes ago, ScotstounSaint said:
26 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:
Given that his 1st transfer window has more than 1 week to run I would say the free pass runs out in March if we are going to allow him time to finish the January clear out sign a few players and get the new signings fit, up to speed and integrated... he's also not had Magennis fit for most of his time and he makes a big difference to our often flimsy midfield when he plays.

March aye, buy 2020 at the earliest. Time for a bit of stability and to let someone build some foundations.

I've taken the view that he inherited one of the worst squad's we've had in the premiership... even Tommy Craig had Kenny McLean, John McGinn, Thompson, Goodwin in his squad. Everyone has known it would be hard to strengthen in January. 

1 minute ago, doonhamer said:

An improvement on some of our performances earlier in the season.   

We need to remember this is “us” (a struggling side with a new manager, in the process of rebuilding a team) - versus - “them” ( current league champions, with a bottomless purse, who have a team so strong they can’t accommodate Lewis Morgan). 

Reality check folks.  

We also need to remember our relegation rivals both lost three -nil at the piggery in December with very similar stats to us.  They managed to get one shot on goal between them .

Not surprised by the result, we’ve always lost at Parkhead in my memory (unless wee baldy is in charge).

Sounds like a familiarly pathetic and shambolic performance under Kearney though. Certainly not encouraging and back bottom of the league, where we deserve to be.

Dundee winning at Tynecastle... fear they may have turned a corner. We certainly haven’t

Just now, farmer john said:

much better St Mirren teams than this have suffered far heavier Celtic Park defeats.
Doesn't make it much less depressing though.

Every defeat hurts, every visit to the ugly sisters grounds carries the worry of a drubbing . This is not the firs, it certainly won’t be the last, I just hope the team has the carachter to regroup, learn from their mistakes and take something from Sunday’s game.

Just now, TopCat said:

Not surprised by the result, we’ve always lost at Parkhead in my memory (unless we baldy is in charge).

Sounds like a familiarly pathetic and shambolic performance though. Certainly not encouraging and back bottom of the league, where we deserve to be.

Dundee winning at Tynecastle... fear they may have turned a corner. We certainly haven’t

Come on we even beat Hearts

Listen end of the Day Oran has taken on the poison chalice of a job after the stubbs debacle

so it is definitely going to take a bit more time than we hoped for I personally still have the belief that we can survive and Oran and his revised squad will get us safe...............C'mon ye saints

Who seriously thought we would get anything tonight other than what we got. 

Need to aim for play off spot anything else is a bonus. If we aren't better than Hamilton by end of the season then we deserve to go down.

Personally the minute McIntrye went to Dundee I thought they would be above us and I think that will be the case.