Celtic v St Mirren - 23rd January 2019 (with thanks to Eric Arthur Blair)

I feared worse, if we were ever going to get out of our predicament we were most unlikely to be aided with even a point at Parkhead.

It is, and always was, about what kind of February and March we can pull together.

we are nowhere near a hopeless position just now, that might be the reality in early April but I always thought we were unlikely to stay up even from the moment we secured promotion.so it's a bonus to still be in contention for a play-off just now

Guest TPAFKATS
Not surprised by the result, we’ve always lost at Parkhead in my memory (unless wee baldy is in charge).

Sounds like a familiarly pathetic and shambolic performance under Kearney though. Certainly not encouraging and back bottom of the league, where we deserve to be.

Dundee winning at Tynecastle... fear they may have turned a corner. We certainly haven’t

I've seen wee baldy manage a St. Mirren team that shipped double the number of goals that we did tonight.

7 minutes ago, south_seas_saint said:

Listen end of the Day Oran has taken on the poison chalice of a job after the stubbs debacle

so it is definitely going to take a bit more time than we hoped for I personally still have the belief that we can survive and Oran and his revised squad will get us safe...............C'mon ye saints

Being honest, it's really a Ross, Scott and Stubbs debacle, it ain't over yet either.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:
13 minutes ago, TopCat said:
Not surprised by the result, we’ve always lost at Parkhead in my memory (unless wee baldy is in charge).

Sounds like a familiarly pathetic and shambolic performance under Kearney though. Certainly not encouraging and back bottom of the league, where we deserve to be.

Dundee winning at Tynecastle... fear they may have turned a corner. We certainly haven’t

I've seen wee baldy manage a St. Mirren team that shipped double the number of goals that we did tonight.

Exactly.  I really don't get the fascination with ex managers and ex players,  and somehow thinking if we had them , we'd be playing like Barca. Romantic memories of past glories that didn't really happen. 

I certainly never expected to win at Celtic Park but quite frankly we were absolutely woeful for goodness sake we are supposed to be full time pros.We had no pass marks our team had no shape character or desire.We had a sub subbed that’s how bad it was and shockingly bad on leadership.We have only a very short time to add to an extremely poor squad.I am now beginning to lose faith on all fronts.

I watched it until McGregor's miss and had enough,we were poor all over the park and the first goal shows how bad our defending is at times , a free header from six yards ,the penalty was schoolboy stuff McGinn giving Sinclair a  freebie. Now sitting rock bottom a least now we need to get the sleeves rolled up.

3 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

I certainly never expected to win at Celtic Park but quite frankly we were absolutely woeful for goodness sake we are supposed to be full time pros.We had no pass marks our team had no shape character or desire.We had a sub subbed that’s how bad it was and shockingly bad on leadership.We have only a very short time to add to an extremely poor squad.I am now beginning to lose faith on all fronts.

If only we had Cammy tonight

13 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
25 minutes ago, TopCat said:

No you haven't.

9 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Wasn’t Kellerman replaced due to Injury ?

Firstly, I didn't expect anything from the game tonight result wise.

But, I did expect at least a few moments of decent play. Perhaps a few decent passing moves. Maybe even a couple of shots on goal. We got zero. Absolutely nothing.

I thought the team selection was wrong and whatever the tactics were, they didn't have a chance of working because the midfield couldn't string 2 passes together.

We still need at least 4 or 5 players in during the next week.

The midfield is the issue. Flynn & Kellerman won't do. They are not good enough. I am running out of hope with S McGinn in this league. I will hold judgement on Tansey and Lyons for a few weeks.

We need a left back, a centre mid, 1 or 2 wingers and a striker. 

Shocking performance regardless of who or where we were playing.

16 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Thought you weren’t going back?

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

As I mentioned before even JRs miracle recovery took a while to kick in, the man himself said it wasn't till the Ayr game in late February (25th IIRC) he felt we started playing consistently better - only a month to wait! :toilet

Indeed . At around this point in the season 2 year ago, we lost at home to QOS and Falkirk,  3-0 and 2-1 respectively. So lets not abandon all hope because we lose 4-0 to Celtic, woeful as the performance was.

We are bottom and in honesty, we deserve to be. In truth, the only saving grace is that we have shipped the stubbs squad as we would only have been further adrift at this point had we not. 

We've a harder set of games than Dundee and Hamilton coming and we need to look at games such as St Jonstone a few weeks back and even Aberdeen and his lately and acknowledge we have threw points away. 

Defence and immediately in front of defence (central mid) is a real issue. 

Edited by spankin_panda

2 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

Firstly, I didn't expect anything from the game tonight result wise.

But, I did expect at least a few moments of decent play. Perhaps a few decent passing moves. Maybe even a couple of shots on goal. We got zero. Absolutely nothing.

I thought the team selection was wrong and whatever the tactics were, they didn't have a chance of working because the midfield couldn't string 2 passes together.

We still need at least 4 or 5 players in during the next week.

The midfield is the issue. Flynn & Kellerman won't do. They are not good enough. I am running out of hope with S McGinn in this league. I will hold judgement on Tansey and Lyons for a few weeks.

We need a left back, a centre mid, 1 or 2 wingers and a striker. 

Shocking performance regardless of who or where we were playing.

TBH I forgot Lyons was on the pitch, (this week) barely involved. Flynn tried but no real bite.