Celtic v St Mirren - 23rd January 2019 (with thanks to Eric Arthur Blair)

I think some of our supporters secretly love it when we get beat. :lol: 

"A telt you we were shite, why did you no listen??" 

How many of our players would get into that Celtic team?... :huh:

We lost 4-0 because they have better players in every position

Beating Hibs at home is a more realistic target 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Five in.

you cant complete paper work until someone signs! Christ surely every saints fan knows this by now?

yeah but you said we will only bring in 2 or 3 in total - we are already at 6 and more WILL follow.

You suggesting no one else will sign by any chance ?   :moony2

Didn’t expect much yesterday but along with the other 270 Saints fans who were there, I watched as our hopes of achieving anything were very quickly dashed and the Parkhead disco lights were put into action.

Thought our keeper played well and his double save before Burke pounced on the third rebound was something to shout about before the disco lights burst into action again.

Watching the Saints play a 5-5-0 formation on the edge of our 18-yard box wasn’t particularly encouraging and parking the bus there did nothing to stop the celebratory lighting effects of the Stadium DJ.

Celtic were miles ahead in every area and you didn’t need any additional lighting to show that up.

The introduction of Kyle McAlistair allowing us to break from the 5-5-0 was a positive but to be fair Jackson was as good as zero up front and couldn’t do anything in the couple of times he crossed into the Celtic half. Hopefully McAllistair is the player who can do something to brighten up the rest of our season.

I just wonder why it took so long to bring him on?

Except for the pitch which did look diseased, Celtic Park looked good last night and the stadium is different class but the approach roads for the fans were dangerous. London Road was an Ice Rink and I witnessed a few fans falling on their arse, which was mildly amusing as they were all Celtic fans.

We need to turn up on Sunday against Hibs. Hopefully McAllister and our new striker (whoever he may be) can turn things around. From our point of view he was the only shining light  last night and the mystery for me was why he was only on the park for about 20 mins.

6 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Fake news!

Also, who the f*ck was the guy walking along the track waving a bit of paper at us at half time? Did he win something?

The pavements around Parkhead were treacherous with ice last night. A joke to think that we once had a game postponed for this when the pitch was fine.

The Celtic drummer has got all the rhythm of the likes of Cozy Powell, Keith Moon and John Bonham. But, in fairness to them, they've all been dead for years. 

An older gentleman who won Celtic's half time cash draw. He went around the ground getting applauded by every stand until he got to the away end :wacko: The old guy clapped the Saints fans and waved his envelope around to which the singing section replied with chants of "paedo, paedo" along with lots of  :double 

Felt quite sorry for him tbh and a few people around me were quite shocked by some of the stuff coming from the W7 lads. 

The guy gave as good as he got though replying with some :double of his own. 

Edited by NB18

10 minutes ago, NB18 said:

An older gentleman who won Celtic's half time cash draw. He went around the ground getting applauded by every stand until he got to the away end :wacko: The old guy clapped the Saints fans and waved his envelope around to which the singing section replied with chants of "paedo, paedo" along with lots of  :double 

Felt quite sorry for him tbh and a few people around me were quite shocked by some of the stuff coming from the W7 lads. 

A number of other Saints Fans there also applauded the guy on his good fortune.  More,  I think that the smallish number you mention. 

Their noise is good and welcome.  At times they lose the plot. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

A number of other Saints Fans there also applauded the guy on his good fortune.  More,  I think that the smallish number you mention. 

Their noise is good and welcome.  At times they lose the plot. 

Correct. Quite a few of us applauded the guy who was chuffed at winning the draw and rightly so. 

The W7 lads have done amazing work on matchdays and have significantly improved the atmosphere both home and away but last night the chants towards that guy was poor. Good to see the majority of Saints fans gave him a wee clap. 

3 minutes ago, NB18 said:

Correct. Quite a few of us applauded the guy who was chuffed at winning the draw and rightly so. 

The W7 lads have done amazing work on matchdays and have significantly improved the atmosphere both home and away but last night the chants towards that guy was poor. Good to see the majority of Saints fans gave him a wee clap. 

I would have hoped that none of our supporters gave the old guy the clap. That would be wrong.

6 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Fake news!

Also, who the f*ck was the guy walking along the track waving a bit of paper at us at half time? Did he win something?

The pavements around Parkhead were treacherous with ice last night. A joke to think that we once had a game postponed for this when the pitch was fine.

The Celtic drummer has got all the rhythm of the likes of Cozy Powell, Keith Moon and John Bonham. But, in fairness to them, they've all been dead for years. 

Auld guy waving a piece of paper  ?   Hmmm,  wasn’t Tommy Craig , was it ? :blink:

24 minutes ago, NB18 said:

I heard that all of our BOD's bought tickets and were hoping to put the winnings into the transfer kitty . . .   :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

If we beat hibs with Jackson, Mcallister and Ferdinand playing a big part in getting us getting the three points then it would have been a great decision by Oran to keep them fresh.

We were never going to beat Celtic with our current squad.

No we were not going to beat them but it would have been nice if someone had made a tackle.  Keep them fresh Antons not played since December Kyles played about 40 mins since then and Jackson 90 against a P/T team who were playing while he was on a break.  How fresh should they need to be?

58 minutes ago, NB18 said:

The W7 lads have done amazing work on matchdays and have significantly improved the atmosphere both home and away but last night the chants towards that guy was poor.

I was wondering what that guy did to merit the abuse he was getting. If all he did was win the draw the "paedo" chants were uncalled for.

He won 10k though so no wonder he was smiling.

No we were not going to beat them but it would have been nice if someone had made a tackle.  Keep them fresh Antons not played since December Kyles played about 40 mins since then and Jackson 90 against a P/T team who were playing while he was on a break.  How fresh should they need to be?

You that thick fresh for Sunday after playing away to Celtic on the Wednesday.

If no one had made a tackle the scoreline would have been a lot more than only 4 our problem was going forward no one on the pitch that is able to take the ball on a run give the midfield and defence a break was our problem.

6 hours ago, Doakes said:

I think some of our supporters secretly love it when we get beat. :lol: 

"A telt you we were shite, why did you no listen??" 

How many of our players would get into that Celtic team?... :huh:

We lost 4-0 because they have better players in every position

Beating Hibs at home is a more realistic target 

Not just that, we're still trying to fix the Stubbs mess and that takes time.  It's never ideal doing that in January either because it's harder to get decent players in, nonetheless this is what we're faced with and it will take time for all the new players to settle.

Why do so many people think that it's great that The Club unloaded a lot of players and make out its " great business " ? Let's see how much we had to pay to get rid of these signings ! Ok I think we all agree that Stubs was a poor appointment so answer these  questions Who appointed Stubbs ? Who approved these " poor " signings ? Who exactly is responsible ?  Do people honestly think that Stubbs was allowed to do what he wanted ? It's just all accepted by Saints fans .  It's the same as when we lose soft goals . No one accepts responsibility . 

Can someone explain why Jack Ross was allowed to sign Paul McGinn then the next day went to Sunderland ? It's quite easy , he was doing his " pal " Stephen McGinn a favour by signing his brother , then he leaves and The Club are left with another wage !

like it or not we need a new captain , Oran should have appointed his own man by now . McGinn runs the show id be interested to know the real views of Anton Ferdinand a guy who's no doubt seen it all .  McGinn plays  for himself it's time he got put on the bench but because of he's living on past reputation he is an automatic choice . 

These are the rules :

dont question poor signings , don't complain about McGinn , Don't question the SMISA ( which I contribute to by the way ) , don't complain when we lose , and whatever you do don't question the fact that a Jack Ross himself gave contracts to lots of players who were duds . He didn't leave us with a good squad .

last night poor very disappointed with the numbers in attendance but it was cold and midweek but understand people don't want to contribute to Celtic and Rangers .

16 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Why do so many people think that it's great that The Club unloaded a lot of players and make out its " great business " ? Let's see how much we had to pay to get rid of these signings ! Ok I think we all agree that Stubs was a poor appointment so answer these  questions Who appointed Stubbs ? Who approved these " poor " signings ? Who exactly is responsible ?  Do people honestly think that Stubbs was allowed to do what he wanted ? It's just all accepted by Saints fans .  It's the same as when we lose soft goals . No one accepts responsibility . 

Can someone explain why Jack Ross was allowed to sign Paul McGinn then the next day went to Sunderland ? It's quite easy , he was doing his " pal " Stephen McGinn a favour by signing his brother , then he leaves and The Club are left with another wage !

like it or not we need a new captain , Oran should have appointed his own man by now . McGinn runs the show id be interested to know the real views of Anton Ferdinand a guy who's no doubt seen it all .  McGinn plays  for himself it's time he got put on the bench but because of he's living on past reputation he is an automatic choice . 

These are the rules :

dont question poor signings , don't complain about McGinn , Don't question the SMISA ( which I contribute to by the way ) , don't complain when we lose , and whatever you do don't question the fact that a Jack Ross himself gave contracts to lots of players who were duds . He didn't leave us with a good squad .

last night poor very disappointed with the numbers in attendance but it was cold and midweek but understand people don't want to contribute to Celtic and Rangers .

There now you must feel better for unloading all that burden . . .      :zipit

If you need a professional Psychiatrist just let me know?   :osama

These are the rules :

I think you will find there are dozens if not hundreds of Buds on here who will break many of your rules if they feel the need arises, it’s called free speech on a public forum.
Where I believe most posters get pissed off is when certain posters continually bang on about topics which are clearly driven by personal agendas without any willingness to hear arguments against their opinions.
Most right minded balanced thinkers would agree that mistakes were made and continue to be made at all levels in our club , playing and non playing staff, but would not seek to crucify individuals continuously .
When it comes to making mistakes, does anyone believe we are any different from ANY other club in the country ? Ask Man U fans about managerial appointments, ask spurs fans about their player recruitment , go take a straw poll of Arabs fans on how their club has been run for the last decade or for that matter ,ask govan fans why their club died .
It’s football. Deal with it.
We are all St.Mirren. boards, players and management will come and go but our club will continue to provide us with years of anguish interspersed by moments of unbridled joy and celebration.
COYS .

24 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

These are the rules :

Whilst this is all  a bit of a 'rant' there are valid points among it, but let's leave JR and AS in the past where they now belong and work on the present. In this present, Paul McGinn has played consistently well for us since he joined and could be said to be one of our better players.  To be fair to your point of view his brother has not been so consistent, however as with Baird and Ferdinand ;what we as supporters need to appreciate is that whilst we 'love' our players and think they are the 'bees knees' they are at St Mirren because Aberdeen, Rangers Celtic etc don't rate them, when we get some better players as with Ferdinand others such as Baird improve, likewise when Stephen McGinn gets support in midfield his game improves and this applies throughout the Team, which is why Football is a Team game.  Which if you think internationally , is why occasionally Scootland or soem other small Nation springs a surprise on the big boys.  Stick with the Saints we will Improve and I for one like OK,

2 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Whilst this is all  a bit of a 'rant' there are valid points among it, but let's leave JR and AS in the past where they now belong and work on the present. In this present, Paul McGinn has played consistently well for us since he joined and could be said to be one of our better players.  To be fair to your point of view his brother has not been so consistent, however as with Baird and Ferdinand ;what we as supporters need to appreciate is that whilst we 'love' our players and think they are the 'bees knees' they are at St Mirren because Aberdeen, Rangers Celtic etc don't rate them, when we get some better players as with Ferdinand others such as Baird improve, likewise when Stephen McGinn gets support in midfield his game improves and this applies throughout the Team, which is why Football is a Team game.  Which if you think internationally , is why occasionally Scootland or soem other small Nation springs a surprise on the big boys.  Stick with the Saints we will Improve and I for one like OK,

OK is very likeable. 

The question is.. Can he keep us up and take us forward? 

I hope so,  as will everyone on here.  This is a moment in the sun.

We are in the top league in the country having won the league below. 

Let's try to enjoy it. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

OK is very likeable. 

The question is.. Can he keep us up and take us forward? 

I hope so,  as will everyone on here.  This is a moment in the sun.

We are in the top league in the country having won the league below. 

Let's try to enjoy it. 

I WOULD prefer he kept us up, BUT like GS said when he was appointed 'we need to be thinking long term' and I believe he meant that so whether 'heaven forbid' we do go down or not I believe OK will still be in charge

I think we will stay up but people must stop blaming everything on Stubbs . The guys attitude was very poor and his signings shocking ( apart from Cooke ) who I think will be good player for us . However Stubbs was not a fan of Stephen McGinn but McGinn has too much power in the dressing room and any manager who knows the game just will not suffer this . It's NOT about individuals it's about " togetherness " . To many stories coming out of the dressing room and AS knew this but was possibly trying to sort it out too soon . I notice Stubbs has remained silent probably due to him signing an agreement to remain silent in exchange for a bumper pay off ! Anyway I'm glad he's gone but yet ANOTHER poor appointment by The Board 

1 hour ago, Loyal Supporter said:

I think we will stay up but people must stop blaming everything on Stubbs . The guys attitude was very poor and his signings shocking ( apart from Cooke ) who I think will be good player for us . However Stubbs was not a fan of Stephen McGinn but McGinn has too much power in the dressing room and any manager who knows the game just will not suffer this . It's NOT about individuals it's about " togetherness " . To many stories coming out of the dressing room and AS knew this but was possibly trying to sort it out too soon . I notice Stubbs has remained silent probably due to him signing an agreement to remain silent in exchange for a bumper pay off ! Anyway I'm glad he's gone but yet ANOTHER poor appointment by The Board 

Apart from Cooke?? What exactly has he done since he signed? Scored a tap in against Alloa that’s about it.