Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Dibbles old paperboy

Celtic v St Mirren - 23rd January 2019 (with thanks to Eric Arthur Blair)

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Good man. I'll play it by ear. Any you'd recommend.

To be honest I cannot remember the names. There was one called. The prince something next to the bus stop for the 61 bus but I sm afraid I cannot be more specific. Lot of dives as well but even in them none has ever bothered me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Hladky

 

P. McGinn    Baird     Ferdinand    Popescu    Hodson

Tansey

S. McGinn                                       Lyons

McAllister

 

Cooke

 

Subs: Holmes; MacPherson, Erhahon, Flynn, Jackson, Jamieson

I'd probably swap Jackson for Cooke, this shows how threadbare the squad is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

This game is made for Lyons. Hope he keeps the head and takes it for the opportunity that it is on such a big stage.

They will target him to wind up, get booked or sent off again. Just be a hero Brad....

 

 

 

Jezzo, that's a wee bit over dramatic is it not, I'd be surprised if anyone from Celtic has even heard of him....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Team looking like

                                            Hladky

P. McGinn      Baird    Ferdinand   Popescu    Erhahon

                                            Lyons

                     Hodson   S. McGinn   Tansey

                                            Jackson

 

Subs McAllister, Cooke, MacPherson, Holmes, Flynn,   &   ????   New Signing?, MacKenzie ? Breadner? Jaimieson?

 

Oh dearie me . . . 

If we play that formation we might as well not bother turning up because we'll spend 90 minutes camped in our own penalty box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Heading into Glasgow City Centre tomorrow afternoon for a couple of beers before heading to Parkhead. Just checked the football ground guide and guess what it says about away fans having a beer nearer the ground.

"As would be expected most bars around the Parkhead area, are partisan & particularly busy. It is probably best to drink in the city centre beforehand. However most of these bars will not serve fans wearing football colours."

Not much chance of a pint in the Kerrydale then.

COYS. Don't really expect anything but keen to see how the new team gels.

Malky I was in the Prince Charlie before our cup game had my scarf and Saints Beanie there was no problem. Also very good pub with quick service would no hesitate to go back there. I'm not making the game unfortunately. Enjoy see you Sunday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This game is made for Lyons. Hope he keeps the head and takes it for the opportunity that it is on such a big stage.
They will target him to wind up, get booked or sent off again. Just be a hero Brad....
 
 
 

No pressure then Brad. Just use your years of experience of playing at the top level and control the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

If we play that formation we might as well not bother turning up because we'll spend 90 minutes camped in our own penalty box.

We will do that anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, guinness said:

To be honest I cannot remember the names. There was one called. The prince something next to the bus stop for the 61 bus but I sm afraid I cannot be more specific. Lot of dives as well but even in them none has ever bothered me.

Cheers mate. Prince Charlie. I'm sure I'll get thirsty after I leave the City Centre and will need a small libation to keep me going.

OK thats a pint sorted. 

What about the bubbly when we win!!!   :bounce2:bounce1:bounce4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

This is a massive game for Celtic as well as us. Hoping that plays on their minds

Just read the BBC Pre match. Its praying on my mind -- 

BBC coverage

How to follow:
Updates on BBC Radio Scotland 810MW/DAB & the BBC Sport website
 
  • Celtic are unbeaten in each of their last 16 league matches against St. Mirren (W14 D2) since a 0-4 defeat in March 2010.
  • St Mirren's last visit to Celtic Park was in March 2017 in the Scottish Cup quarter-final, losing 4-1 despite leading 1-0 at half-time.
  • Odsonne Edouard has scored five goals and assisted two in his last four home Scottish Premiership appearances for Celtic.
  • St Mirren have won once on the road this season, away to Motherwell in the league last month.
  • Celtic's last home defeat on a Wednesday was in November 2016 against Barcelona in the Champions League - they've won 10 and drawn five at Celtic Park in all competitions since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Just read the BBC Pre match. Its praying on my mind -- 

BBC coverage

How to follow:
Updates on BBC Radio Scotland 810MW/DAB & the BBC Sport website
 
  • Celtic are unbeaten in each of their last 16 league matches against St. Mirren (W14 D2) since a 0-4 defeat in March 2010.
  • St Mirren's last visit to Celtic Park was in March 2017 in the Scottish Cup quarter-final, losing 4-1 despite leading 1-0 at half-time.
  • Odsonne Edouard has scored five goals and assisted two in his last four home Scottish Premiership appearances for Celtic.
  • St Mirren have won once on the road this season, away to Motherwell in the league last month.
  • Celtic's last home defeat on a Wednesday was in November 2016 against Barcelona in the Champions League - they've won 10 and drawn five at Celtic Park in all competitions since then.

Do you mean, this could be our second. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Hladky

 

P. McGinn    Baird     Ferdinand    Popescu    Hodson

Tansey

S. McGinn                                       Lyons

McAllister

 

Cooke

 

Subs: Holmes; MacPherson, Erhahon, Flynn, Jackson, Jamieson

No Jackson?

As an aside, it's going to be freezing at Parkhead tonight. Winter woollies on and a big Italian meal before the game should see me through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17374259.celtics-hybrid-pitch-has-a-slight-disease-reveals-brendan-rodgers/
Shouldn't there be a pitch inspection first.  Anyone contacted the HSE. :whistle 

Whit, a pitch infection ? Club doctor could have a look

Celtic to have an off night & Saints to sneak a draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Wondering if Brenda R, would stick Morgan in the shop window tonight? That would hurt.

Maybe, just maybe, BR was awaiting tonight's result before loaning out players.  :whistle  (not to be taken seriously)

Edited by pod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pod said:

Maybe, just maybe, BR was awaiting tonight's result before loaning out players.  :whistle  (not to be taken seriously)

Maybe he wants to run the rule over some of our players with a view to a 1 Million Pound bid. 

(I wish) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone thinking we'll go 5 across the back? I don't think we'll do that, OK was quoted saying Lyons can play in front of the midfield or behind the midfield. I reckon we might go with..

Hladky

P.McGinn Baird Popescu Erhahon

Lyons 

McAllister McGinn Tansey MacPherson

Jackson

Lyons providing a bit of dig so that the 4 midfielders ahead of him can fight for the middle of the park. Of course at times we'll be pinned back but McAllister, Macpherson and Jackson capable of causing them problems on the counter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Everyone thinking we'll go 5 across the back? I don't think we'll do that, OK was quoted saying Lyons can play in front of the midfield or behind the midfield. I reckon we might go with..

Hladky

P.McGinn Baird Popescu Erhahon

Lyons 

McAllister McGinn Tansey MacPherson

Jackson

Lyons providing a bit of dig so that the 4 midfielders ahead of him can fight for the middle of the park. Of course at times we'll be pinned back but McAllister, Macpherson and Jackson capable of causing them problems on the counter

I like your thinking.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...