The International Rangers v St Mirren - 2nd February 2019

Oran's final game in charge. After fielding his own starting XI and signings for the 2 games since the January window opened and losing them, a defeat at Ibrox sees GLS lose patience and try and save our season be firing another manager just after the window closes.

Jimmy Nicoll (recently recovered from his hip replacement) takes charge until the end of the season and has a look at some out of contract players. St Ricky notes it is still mathematically possible to avoid relegation, and is still cheered by the new stadium we play in, alongside our training facility, new astroturf pitches , record season ticket sales, the John McGinn money and a new manager bounce to look forward to. The only disappointing thing this season has been W7's inability to spot a coin thrower /rolled-up-tin-foil-pie-holder thrower causing St Ricky to question whether he should have donated money for the flags in W7. By the way Ricky likes W7 and donated money towards the banners. He'll be there with the grandsons too.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy
The wife came home from the shops and asked me to help unpack the car, thus interrupting my train of thought at a key stage in the post writing process.

4 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Oran's final game in charge. After fielding is own starting XI and signings for the 2 games since the January window opened and losing them, a defeat at Ibrox sees GLS lose patience and try and save our season be firing another manager just after the window closes.

Jimmy Nicoll (recently recovered from his hip replacement) takes charge until the end of the season and has a look at some out of contract players. St Ricky notes it is still mathematically possible to avoid relegation, and is still cheered by the new stadium we play in, alongside our training facility, new astroturf pitches , record season ticket sales, the John McGinn money and a new manager bounce to look forward to.

Well done, no mention of our mutual friend. :wink:

7 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Oran's final game in charge. After fielding is own starting XI and signings for the 2 games since the January window opened and losing them, a defeat at Ibrox sees GLS lose patience and try and save our season be firing another manager just after the window closes.

Jimmy Nicoll (recently recovered from his hip replacement) takes charge until the end of the season and has a look at some out of contract players. St Ricky notes it is still mathematically possible to avoid relegation, and is still cheered by the new stadium we play in, alongside our training facility, new astroturf pitches , record season ticket sales, the John McGinn money and a new manager bounce to look forward to.

The point ? 

4 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Oran's final game in charge. After fielding his own starting XI and signings for the 2 games since the January window opened and losing them, a defeat at Ibrox sees GLS lose patience and try and save our season be firing another manager just after the window closes.

Jimmy Nicoll (recently recovered from his hip replacement) takes charge until the end of the season and has a look at some out of contract players. St Ricky notes it is still mathematically possible to avoid relegation, and is still cheered by the new stadium we play in, alongside our training facility, new astroturf pitches , record season ticket sales, the John McGinn money and a new manager bounce to look forward to. The only disappointing thing this season has been W7's inability to spot a coin thrower /rolled-up-tin-foil-pie-holder thrower causing St Ricky to question whether he should have donated money for the flags in W7. By the way Ricky likes W7 and donated money towards the banners. He'll be there with the grandsons too.

We are all Saints fans , myself and everyone else needs to learn to respect one another to take the forum forward in a constructive way. We can all have a bit of fun on the way by pulling legs with a bit of banter. At the end of the day we all want the same thing. When the team start wining the forum mostly is at one. When it's down beat it's knives. Sad but true.  

• 1 month later...

Twenty Seven Pounds to attend this match.

I wouldn't even go if offered complimentary tickets.

Are we playing them twice ? There's another Thread running stating we are playing the Bigots again on the 3rd February.

On Friday, November 23, 2018 at 11:04 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We are all Saints fans , myself and everyone else needs to learn to respect one another to take the forum forward in a constructive way. We can all have a bit of fun on the way by pulling legs with a bit of banter. At the end of the day we all want the same thing. When the team start wining the forum mostly is at one. When it's down beat it's knives. Sad but true.  

I don't mind the ribbing. It's the same old,  same old by the same old, same old. They like their "fun".

I will be at the game. I continue to support W7 but still feel free to disagree with some of the banners including the one at Ibrox. Hopefully there will be no repeat.

I continue to be dissapointed that the club hasn't managed to identify the person who disgraced the club and let down other fans by throwing a coin.

Hopefully they have learned from the reaction. Back to the match.  Lots of new boys in both teams. Worth the entrance fee.

I think Oran has got most of the right players out the club during the window and was very impressed by the way Brad Lyons spoke in his interview after joining on loan.... we have a tough start back in the league after the winter break but I am feeling more hopeful we will be more competitive over the second half of the season... we might go bottom before we start picking up points though.

On Friday, November 23, 2018 at 6:28 PM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Correct. 

1. We can still avoid relegation.

2. I love the noise from W7

3. I like the stadium but miss Love St

4. I like the training facility

5. I like (most) banners

6. Phantom thrower still at large

7. Love our increased crowds

Incorrect

1 OK won't be leaving.

2 I only have one grandson

3 I have doubts about astroturf 

4 A number on here donated 

They know who they are.

Now...Back to the game. 

I'll miss the match.

Reason 

I'll be at the Ballet with my wife and three grandaughtets.

New reason on the forum perhaps. 

Would be great to see us gain at least a point.

Edited by St.Ricky

As key as yesterdays game was to get to 10th my fear is with Accies v Dundee that will lose ground on points and GD here....................

As long as Tony doesnt comment on his " have a go" to Oran, hopefully we will play this very tight and get the Sevco support all calling us ********s and turning on their team. Best here is a draw, but can only see a 3-0 plus to them .

I do believe we missed a massive opp yesterday , hopefully a new CF and new signings kicking on might still give us a small chance

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

As key as yesterdays game was to get to 10th my fear is with Accies v Dundee that will lose ground on points and GD here....................

As long as Tony doesnt comment on his " have a go" to Oran, hopefully we will play this very tight and get the Sevco support all calling us ********s and turning on their team. Best here is a draw, but can only see a 3-0 plus to them .

I do believe we missed a massive opp yesterday , hopefully a new CF and new signings kicking on might still give us a small chance

Sevco aren't as good as the media make them out to be

They are poor at the back but they have a diving ned who is on fire at the moment

I would say wind him up and loses his rag and get sent off

But that doesn't happen

Hope for a good performance as we are better going forward than sitting in

1 minute ago, windae cleaner said:

They are poor at the back but they have a diving ned who is on fire at the moment

But that doesn't happen

Like the postive spin.......................... however

Please give me one example of the fact we are better going forward than sitting in? Unless Hamill shots from Half way that is :P

Sevco are better than we are, although I thought we were the better team last time we played

7 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Like the postive spin.......................... however

Please give me one example of the fact we are better going forward than sitting in? Unless Hamill shots from Half way that is :P

Sevco are better than we are, although I thought we were the better team last time we played

The amount of clean sheets we have had

The terrible frighthened display against Sellic where we couldn't get out our half

Taking anything, will be a large bonus. Even a small defeat! Prefer no more injuries or suspensions - we cannot afford to weaken just as we are starting to build some strength...

Don't like being negative, but we need to really work and gel as a team... they will be physically stronger - we need to last the whole 90 minutes for a change  . .. 

We can but will we?   (Get the magician back) :spud7

Taking anything, will be a large bonus. Even a small defeat! Prefer no more injuries or suspensions - we cannot afford to weaken just as we are starting to build some strength...
Don't like being negative, but we need to really work and gel as a team... they will be physically stronger - we need to last the whole 90 minutes for a change  . .. 
We can but will we?   (Get the magician back) :spud7
Need to stop them from scoring early, keep 11 men on the park. And hope they lose the plot and pick you at least one red card. Preferably in the first half.

But that doesn't happen
Sevco have been inconsistent, poor sometime but then terrific against an admittedly very poor Celtic.
That said, if we set out only to contain them with no ambition ourselves we will get hammered.
If we are going to lose heavily I'd rather it wax because we had a go rather than played negatively.