The International Rangers v St Mirren - 2nd February 2019

17 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Try being a wee bit just a wee wee bit positive. It helps bring a smile to your face and makes other people want to talk to you. We have a midweek game that is winnable. 

Sure, what should i base this positivity on?

Airdrie gave Celtic a better game than us, as Did Cowdenbeath against sevco. Ridiculous penalty decisions aside, from 47% possesion St Mirren recorded ZERO shots on target. How is any game as you say/spell 'winnable' if you record ZERO shots on target..?

When you park the bus just outside your own penalty box and have no shots on target - anything can happen - except a victory.
Said before the match that if we're going to get pumped, I'd rather it was because we were having a go, rather than trying to play a holding game. Not good enough for that.

Anyway, bring on Well. The duck to score a brace on his debut

54 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Sure, what should i base this positivity on?

Airdrie gave Celtic a better game than us, as Did Cowdenbeath against sevco. Ridiculous penalty decisions aside, from 47% possesion St Mirren recorded ZERO shots on target. How is any game as you say/spell 'winnable' if you record ZERO shots on target..?

Livingston beat Rangers earlier this season yet lost 3-0 to Motherwell today - a team pumped by Scumgers worse than us. Stenhousemuir drew with Aberdeen at Pittodrie so by your reckoning should have beaten them at Ochilvie.  

Edited by nedflanders123

Penalties:

1. Haven’t seen it.

2. Looked like there was zero contact.

3. Definite handball, but it was outside the box. I can understand Oran’s comments. Tansey did look as though he was protecting his face.

4. Definite foul, but it was outside the box.

First half we were relatively compact. Transitioned from defending to countering well and even held the ball in their half for long spells but the transition from midfield to upfront was hopeless hence no shots on target.

Second half we either tired or lost the will to keep going after at least 3 injustices and 2 sucker punches. Definitely not as good second half.

As above, points today would have been great but in all honesty unexpected. As a perennial optimist perhaps not the most critical analysis but there were some good signs first half but we need to do better going forward.

Just now, nedflanders123 said:

Livingston beat Rangers earlier this season yet lost 3-0 to Motherwell today - a team pumped by Scumgers worse than us. Stenhousemuir drew with Aberdeen at Pittodrie so by your reckoning should beaten them at Ochilvie.  

And that’s a Stenny side who got gubbed 5-1 by Arbroath this season.

So by LPM’s logic Arbroath are better than Aberdeen.

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

And by your logic, how good are we?

Not sure why I’m making the effort to reply to you, but I’ll do it anyway.

First half of the season - Awful, wouldn’t have been surprised to see us in the relegation battle in the Championship never mind Premier.

With the January signings, I think we look better now. Work to be done but we have better options on the pitch now. Today, conceding after 3 mins (genuine penalty) would have been the catalyst to seeing us get ripped apart. By the hour mark we were still in the game. In the end the reason we were well beaten was down to the referee that clearly set out to help the Sevvies today. Had it been a fair game, who knows - we may have sneaked a late equaliser.

Its hard to judge the new squad as two of the three fixtures have been away to the bigotdomes, which usually result in 0 points anyway. The first half against Hibs was good, second half was dire until we went 2-1 down. Hibs attacked young Ethan’s side well - hopefully Muzek will be the cure to that.

So, the 4-0 pumping at Ibrox was better than the 4-0 pumping at Celtic Park a fortnight ago?

Were both worse than the 3-1 pumping Hibs gave us last week...?

Trying to get these repeated doings in order to check our progress.

Celtic - I watched the first half only. It was the worst of the last 3 league games.

Hibs - first half good. Second half useless.

Rangers - first half positive signs. Second half useless.

That said when you think about fine margins and momentum in games. The Hibs game could have been very different if Kyle had not taken a horrendous first touch and messed up a gilt edged chance and if McGregor had been penalised for a high boot (at head height) as Jackson was about to head into an empty net. Equally today if Rangers has only been awarded the one penalty.

No excuses. It needs to get better. Celtic game was a training exercise for them, but second half with 10 men against Alloa and both the first halves against Hibs and Rangers have been positive. Just need to hope the 10 new players gel quick enough to give us a chance.

Not really much else for it.

Hard to judge this game. Dallas ruined it. We competed well and have improved but Tansey is not the answer for me. Very impressed by Hladky. His distribution is good and looks solid. Muzak also looks quality. Our foreign players look way better than what we had. Still need more steel in the middle. Lyons and Dreyer had good first halves but faded a bit. I would have brought on McAllister. The Duck also looks promising he could be a good partner for Jackson. Jackson played his heart out again but needs more support. 

Another sore one today. I suppose today’s game can be looked at on two levels. Looked like we set up for damage limitation today and did ok in the first half. We had nothing going forward and didn’t have a hope due to the 4 pens given against us. It’s early days for all the new recruits bedding in. Just need to put today behind us and focus on the next games, getting the new players up to speed as quickly as possible. They look quite promising acquisitions. It can only get better and hopefully there is a win and turning point around the corner. We were massive odds to get anything from today’s game for a reason.
The other level is questioning the pens given against us again by that numpty Dallas. I’ve seen footage of the second and third and they were not penalties. Sounds like their fourth was questionable too, although I haven’t seen it. It’s hard to deny that there isn’t favouritism towards the old firm, Sevco in particular in Scottish football. Our game stinks and today is just another glaring example that will be brushed under the carpet by the media like the behaviour of some of their fans, because it’s expected and accepted by them and the SFA.
Wasn’t there today; sounds like we were poor again, but there’s still time for Oran to turn things around in our mini league of 3.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Not sure why I’m making the effort to reply to you, but I’ll do it anyway.

First half of the season - Awful, wouldn’t have been surprised to see us in the relegation battle in the Championship never mind Premier.

With the January signings, I think we look better now. Work to be done but we have better options on the pitch now. Today, conceding after 3 mins (genuine penalty) would have been the catalyst to seeing us get ripped apart. By the hour mark we were still in the game. In the end the reason we were well beaten was down to the referee that clearly set out to help the Sevvies today. Had it been a fair game, who knows - we may have sneaked a late equaliser.

Its hard to judge the new squad as two of the three fixtures have been away to the bigotdomes, which usually result in 0 points anyway. The first half against Hibs was good, second half was dire until we went 2-1 down. Hibs attacked young Ethan’s side well - hopefully Muzek will be the cure to that.

I would agree there were better stages to our play. But the issue we have had with anyone other than Alloa is creating, and getting shots on target. We know we struggle to keep a clean sheet, so we need to, at least carry a scoring threat.

so far this sason we have neither a tight defence, or a front line that scores. That is what relegates teams, even teams that look good for. 60 minutes or so. You gotta win points by scoring or not conceding.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

And by your logic, how good are we?

Well the real answer is always much better than you think...  :hammer

Given we have pretty much an entire new squad from the Stubzo shi*e and many of them have just arrived....

I do hope the Well game is not too soon - but IF we can win that and the Livi games we will get and stay ahead of the 2 main rivals and that is enough  for the moral to grow and the points to rise . . . .  Thank Fukc the BOD took the action they did and did not give that joker Stubzo any more time to do further damage . . .. :guinness