The International Rangers v St Mirren - 2nd February 2019

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

I would agree there were better stages to our play. But the issue we have had with anyone other than Alloa is creating, and getting shots on target. We know we struggle to keep a clean sheet, so we need to, at least carry a scoring threat.

so far this sason we have neither a tight defence, or a front line that scores. That is what relegates teams, even teams that look good for. 60 minutes or so. You gotta win points by scoring or not conceding.

I missed Alloa by accident. Poor to go two goals down, but the fight and character we had, with ten men, to not accept defeat and turn it around was something I wouldn’t have seen us doing pre-January.

I think going forward we do look better. We created f**k all against the bigots and I accept that, but against Hibs we looked more dangerous and more creative. Jackson was in the game more, because he had better support options in McAllister and Lyons. I think in time Dreyer and Nazon will be helping us on that front too.

Defensively it is still a worry. Presuming Muzek is not the next Mo Camara, we should strengthen that left flank and teams won’t cut through us so easily down there. After that my only major concern is the DM type who does all the dirty work and helps to protect the defence. Across the team I think there’s enough to gain a lot of 2-1s, we will concede but I feel there is goals in this team now. 

I have already commented twice on this totally hopeless guy called Andrew Dallas pretending to be a Grade 1 Official would he Dallas have ever ever awarded either Rangers or Celtic four pens to either side in an Old Firm match.The answer is perfectly obviousl. He has made so many basic errors on this and previous seasons he should immediately be sacked by the SFA.We should most certainly insist he is never invited to officiate at any future match involving Saints.

6 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I missed Alloa by accident. Poor to go two goals down, but the fight and character we had, with ten men, to not accept defeat and turn it around was something I wouldn’t have seen us doing pre-January.

I think going forward we do look better. We created f**k all against the bigots and I accept that, but against Hibs we looked more dangerous and more creative. Jackson was in the game more, because he had better support options in McAllister and Lyons. I think in time Dreyer and Nazon will be helping us on that front too.

Defensively it is still a worry. Presuming Muzek is not the next Mo Camara, we should strengthen that left flank and teams won’t cut through us so easily down there. After that my only major concern is the DM type who does all the dirty work and helps to protect the defence. Across the team I think there’s enough to gain a lot of 2-1s, we will concede but I feel there is goals in this team now. 

It is naïve of that is your only concern . . .  relegation would be much worse than not having a DM etc.

We have an entire new team bar 2 players - we have played the 2 best (biggest budgets) in the country and the Alloa game was as we are trying to build a team out of individuals.

We will not be world beaters now that we have made these changes - but we really can beat the 2 worst teams in the league - and that is good enough . .. 

We move on from this debacle   . . .. . .               Beating Well again would be a huge 3 points - C O Y S  . . . . :turtle

23 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

I have already commented twice on this totally hopeless guy called Andrew Dallas pretending to be a Grade 1 Official would he Dallas have ever ever awarded either Rangers or Celtic four pens to either side in an Old Firm match.The answer is perfectly obviousl. He has made so many basic errors on this and previous seasons he should immediately be sacked by the SFA.We should most certainly insist he is never invited to officiate at any future match involving Saints.

MCS.  I started a thread where stats are available for all refs involved in games this season.  It let's you analyse this on a club and opposition basis. 

May be worth a look.  The initial link shows Andrew Dallas but all other refs  can be accessed. 

24 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

It is naïve of that is your only concern . . .  relegation would be much worse than not having a DM etc.

Not sure if I’m being whooshed here but I was talking in terms of our team itself. I don’t disagree that relegation would be a major concern :lol:

6 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

2 penalties. Nothing ever changes against the cheating scum.

Any Saints fans who are at Ibrox should be ashamed of themselves. All games against the Old Firm should be boycotted.

Five likes slagging fellow st mirren fans who pay their hard earned cash to follow st mirren wherever they go is shameful . Of course the old firm are scum we all know that but this pish really gets on my tits. 

1 minute ago, bender rodriguez said:

Five likes slagging fellow st mirren fans who pay their hard earned cash to follow st mirren wherever they go is shameful . Of course the old firm are scum we all know that but this pish really gets on my tits. 

Bender.  Those involved need to look at their own prejudices when it comes to this.  The same people complain about attending home games against these teams. A number seem to boycott home games against the OF,  costing us money and reducing backing from the stands in the day. Not a brilliant strategy. 

It's been a long day had a few fall outs with rangers supporting family etc today was embarrassing for scottish football can you imagine if rangers had 4 penalties against them? But to have a go at st mirren fans cause they went to game today  really makes me angry. If u don't want to go games involving the old firm that's fine I will respect your decision just don't come on here greeting and slagging our die hards

I know it’s little consolation to our current predicament but apart from our Dundee win we were absolutely dead and buried after 15-20 mins in our other games at the start of the season. To still be a few points from safety at this stage is a feckin miracle. There are green shoots and loads of points to be gained especially in the head to heads and after the split.

8 minutes ago, Richie P said:

I know it’s little consolation to our current predicament but apart from our Dundee win we were absolutely dead and buried after 15-20 mins in our other games at the start of the season. To still be a few points from safety at this stage is a feckin miracle. There are green shoots and loads of points to be gained especially in the head to heads and after the split.

Very true in what you say, but are we any better than start of season has OK improved us in any way ?? We still lose goals cheaply from set plays, we don’t offer very much from middle to up front, the basics we are are lacking, the stuff a management team show be be working on at training, are the right messages being given to players?? Are they listening? Organisation of the team considering the amount of backroom staff we have is poor.

Surely the most important question is have we improved as a team since OK has taken over ?? Replies please.

5 hours ago, TopCat said:

So, the 4-0 pumping at Ibrox was better than the 4-0 pumping at Celtic Park a fortnight ago?

Were both worse than the 3-1 pumping Hibs gave us last week...?

Trying to get these repeated doings in order to check our progress.

You support the wrong team. That's all. 

Genuine question, do other team's forums have these sad little fannies that seem to feel vindicated when their own team loses?

Elvis gets a lot of grief on here, but he's just a crushing pessimist. With "Top Cat" and LPM you can almost feel the excitement every something goes against us. "YOU SEE MOTHER,  I WAS RIGHT! LET ME LOG ON TO B&W ARMY AND TELL EVERYONE".

If you went round the pub acting like these two every time we lose a game you'd eventually get a smack in the mouth.

Genuine question, do other team's forums have these sad little fannies that seem to feel vindicated when their own team loses?
Elvis gets a lot of grief on here, but he's just a crushing pessimist. With "Top Cat" and LPM you can almost feel the excitement every something goes against us. "YOU SEE MOTHER,  I WAS RIGHT! LET ME LOG ON TO B&W ARMY AND TELL EVERYONE".
If you went round the pub acting like these two every time we lose a game you'd eventually get a smack in the mouth.
Wendy saints is worse than both of them waiting for every opportunity to criticize kearney

I have attended all recent home and away games.

There have been definite improvement all over team with recent signings.

Still need one of the mid field to play more holding role. We look really  vurnarable when opposition break.

Need to improve service to Simeon on ground playing to feet or low and just behind opposition defence. 

Must improve fitness / sharpness of recent signings asap. 

Need to spoil attacking moves of opposition in mid field the same as they do to us and play with more urgency all over pitch.

We are now better than Hamilton, Dundee,  Motherwell and Livingston but must show this in forthcoming games to stay up.

Support at Ibrox and Parkhead was fantastic and need all Saints to get behind the boys till end of season.

We can still do this coys

Keep the faith.

Kilbarchan buddies

31 minutes ago, delpierro said:

I've said once and 100 times; No f**kin heart. Defeated before they go on to the pitch. Before old firm games you got to go on to the pitch hating the cunts. Mealy f**kin tactics. Hate the cunts. No half f**kin measures.
f**kin pussies.

That's exactly what i heard coming from the changing room before kick off..... Unfortunately for us it was coming from the Referee's room 

4 hours ago, bender rodriguez said:

It's been a long day had a few fall outs with rangers supporting family etc today was embarrassing for scottish football can you imagine if rangers had 4 penalties against them? But to have a go at st mirren fans cause they went to game today  really makes me angry. If u don't want to go games involving the old firm that's fine I will respect your decision just don't come on here greeting and slagging our die hards

I can't understand this either. Some take their personal dislike of the two teams involved almost to the level that the OF fans themselves have of each other and don't see the irony in that. I missed the game as I had family commitments. By all accounts  (including those from Govan supporters, the penalties were at best right in the first one , doubtful in one and clear mistakes in two). That leaves a goal in open play and one definite penalty. Had it been 2...0 then I wouldn't think that two bad against one of the big spenders.

4 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Onwards to Motherwell at the SDA then...

With games away to Aberdeen and Hearts forthcoming followed by Livi at home we are faced with two absolute must-wins; no ifs, no buts, no excuses.

We usually do alright against Motherwell in relegation dogfight matches...

:lol:

Thought there were positives to take 

Dallas made sure we had no chance to take anything from the game

Tansey doesn’t look up to the pace required yet

Ferdinand was class, as was Hladky despite letting in 4 goals 

I’d like to see this team 

Hladky

Corbu Popescu Ferdinand Muzek

McAllister Erhahon McGinn Dreyer

Nazon Jackson

Genuine question?
Do you think trying to deflect onto others will make people forget your posts?

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Thought there were positives to take 

Dallas made sure we had no chance to take anything from the game

Tansey doesn’t look up to the pace required yet

Ferdinand was class, as was Hladky despite letting in 4 goals 

I’d like to see this team 

Hladky

Corbu Popescu Ferdinand Muzek

McAllister Erhahon McGinn Dreyer

Nazon Jackson

No Jack Baird?