The International Rangers v St Mirren - 2nd February 2019

47 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Just noticed in Gerard’s post match interview that he was bemoaning the fact that Sevco should have been given 5 pens yesterday. What a numpty. Need to lick our wounds from yesterday and get fired up and focussed for the Well game. A win at all costs!!!

It is straight from the Trump playbook. When you’ve got a problem explaining something say something else ridiculous and people talk about that rather than the real issue that is straight in front of him. 

He did exactly the same in the Aberdeen game at the start of the season with his claims of bias against Rangers going on for years after Morelos was sent off. 

46 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I'm sure most find my posts forgettable without any extra help!

Lets jog their memory Mr Positive!

Not sure at all where all this "well done the management" arse licking is coming from?

This looks to me like a lot of hopeful random punts cobbled together at the end of the window. Has Gus been out to scout these guys or have they been brought in on the basis of some youtube videos? The 2nd lad from Dinamo Bucharest presumably here after a last minute suggestion from his mate :lol:

Obviously, I hope these guys have a storming half season with us! But why are so many trying to delude themselves by suggesting there was some form of strategic planning and execution behind this random jumble of signings?

Edited Friday at 10:48 AM by Kemp

11 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

I have already commented twice on this totally hopeless guy called Andrew Dallas pretending to be a Grade 1 Official would he Dallas have ever ever awarded either Rangers or Celtic four pens to either side in an Old Firm match.The answer is perfectly obviousl. He has made so many basic errors on this and previous seasons he should immediately be sacked by the SFA.We should most certainly insist he is never invited to officiate at any future match involving Saints.

Andrew Dallas always has been and will continue to be a dreadful referee.

My first unfortunate encounter with this clown was when I went to watch The Burgh one Saturday when we didn't have a game. After about 20 minutes his total incompetence had both sets of fans and the benches baying for blood. I turned to my mate who watches these games and asked who the ref was and of course the answer was - Andrew Dallas. He then told me that every team in the league dreaded getting him as he was so bad.

A few months later I repeated the experience and unfortunately, by sheer coincidence, Dallas was again the referee. It goes without saying that the game descended into farce  as a result of a series of utterly bizarre decisions against both teams.

It would seem he hasn't got any better.

Steve Conroy in the SM today, says that the last three penalty decisions should not have been awarded, and goes as far to say that both Defoe and Candeias should have been booked for trying to con the ref.

We know that we're not very good, but having read several reports, we seemed to hold our own in the first half. As badly as the second half progressed, I defy any team to put in a match saving performance after being on the receiving end of three penalties that weren't actually penalties. It must have been utterly demoralising.

Even Defoe says second wasn't a penalty.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-striker-jermain-defoe-reveals-13945495

That means ONE out of FOUR was. I'm always reluctant to call a referee a cheat, prefering to think they are just not very good instead of dishonest...but........

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Lets jog their memory Mr Positive!

Not sure at all where all this "well done the management" arse licking is coming from?

This looks to me like a lot of hopeful random punts cobbled together at the end of the window. Has Gus been out to scout these guys or have they been brought in on the basis of some youtube videos? The 2nd lad from Dinamo Bucharest presumably here after a last minute suggestion from his mate :lol:

Obviously, I hope these guys have a storming half season with us! But why are so many trying to delude themselves by suggesting there was some form of strategic planning and execution behind this random jumble of signings?

Edited Friday at 10:48 AM by Kemp

You're not the brightest it seems.

There is a difference between seeing things negatively, being pessimistic about something, being worried......and what you and a couple others do which is seemingly take great joy in defeats and setbacks for the club.

I honestly don't you know why some of you spend so much time on a St Mirren supporters forum when you clearly haven't supported the club in years!

Edited by Kemp

4 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-striker-jermain-defoe-reveals-13945495

That means ONE out of FOUR was. I'm always reluctant to call a referee a cheat, prefering to think they are just not very good instead of dishonest...but........

That is Defeo just trying to get out of a retrospective ban for diving.

He obviously doesn't know those rules don't apply to him as he plays for the bigots!

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

There is a difference between seeing things negatively, being pessimistic about something, being worried......and what you and a couple others do which is seemingly take great joy in defeats and setbacks for the club.

I honestly don't you know why some of you spend so much time on a St Mirren supporters forum when you clearly haven't supported the club in years!

Who's not the brightest? Ha, ha, ha,....

Kemp

• Panel Pundit on SKY
  •  
  • Kemp
  • Saints
  • 2,750 posts
   On 2/1/2019 at 10:55 AM,  magnus said: 

I am more hopeful. The majority of these guys come from some pretty impressive clubs. I'm hoping this counts for something.

Well, yes there is that.

I've always been a big fan of Shaktar Karagandy, Sint Truiden, and Slovan Liberec. Hopefully, this is the start of a long term relationship with these impressive clubs :lol:

(Aye, I'm sure they could all beat us before someone takes this seriously)

You and insaintee reacted to this
Haha×

Kemp

• Panel Pundit on SKY
  •  
  • Kemp
  • Saints
  • 2,750 posts
   On 2/1/2019 at 11:04 AM,  Sonny said: 

What you want and what you get are different things.

Well thats life.

I just would have though with that John McGinn payment we could have put together a list of emerging Scottish talent at Championship & League 1 level and got them in on long term deals, along with a few guys tried and tested at this level such as Sow & Wright.

While I realise how badly last summers business has crippled us, I'd have hoped we could at least have got one or two signings in that showed we were beginning down a path that looked more to the long term development of talented players.

43 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

So wait. 

He gives the penalty and THEN asks if the guy he gave then penalty to dived? 

That makes even worse reading for Dallas. 

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Andrew Dallas always has been and will continue to be a dreadful referee.

My first unfortunate encounter with this clown was when I went to watch The Burgh one Saturday when we didn't have a game. After about 20 minutes his total incompetence had both sets of fans and the benches baying for blood. I turned to my mate who watches these games and asked who the ref was and of course the answer was - Andrew Dallas. He then told me that every team in the league dreaded getting him as he was so bad.

A few months later I repeated the experience and unfortunately, by sheer coincidence, Dallas was again the referee. It goes without saying that the game descended into farce  as a result of a series of utterly bizarre decisions against both teams.

It would seem he hasn't got any better.

Steve Conroy in the SM today, says that the last three penalty decisions should not have been awarded, and goes as far to say that both Defoe and Candeias should have been booked for trying to con the ref.

We know that we're not very good, but having read several reports, we seemed to hold our own in the first half. As badly as the second half progressed, I defy any team to put in a match saving performance after being on the receiving end of three penalties that weren't actually penalties. It must have been utterly demoralising.

Something seriously wrong at the SFA when Dallas is given a national cup final to referee which he made an absolute mess of on the day and fortunately got away with it.

Steve Conroy is also an interesting case in that he was given his first OF game in Scotland which he handled superbly and was refereeing really well. Six months later he is put off the referee's list for performances ?. Very few referee's in Scotland are capable of refereeing an OF game bar even get considered for it. 

Edited by lenziebud

That is Defeo just trying to get out of a retrospective ban for diving.
He obviously doesn't know those rules don't apply to him as he plays for the bigots!

What an absolute load of bollocks Defoe is talking there. He must think we are all complete mugs. Dishonest cheating dive, followed by a dishonest assessment by him to try to avoid a deserved ban. If he gets away with that blatant cheating yesterday we should all just chuck it.

Having now seen the penalty decisions a few times I definitely think we should be taking this further.

I understand the club try to avoid tit for tat such as this but it has gone a step too far on this occasion.

Supporters paying good money to go to games at Ibrox and Parkhead when we don’t stand a chance of winning - our game is corrupt to the core and always has been, the other 40 SPFL clubs really need to say enough is enough.

13 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Not sure if I’m being whooshed here but I was talking in terms of our team itself. I don’t disagree that relegation would be a major concern :lol:

No intention to whoosh you - so fair enough - I understand where you are coming from and my example was not in terms of the team - I still have other major cocerns about our team though... but we will improve once we get this squad toned and tuned in . . .  :spud6

4 hours ago, The77s said:

Hypothetical scenario:

Should we finish the season bottom on goal difference (where another team or teams have beaten us out by a goal or two), we can with absolute certainty point the finger at this shameful game!

What only the goal difference from this game counts but not the next 14?

There are things that go for and against every team - it is just that the ugly sisters especially get more than the rub of the green...

We will be okay with OK and the new squad . . . :spud7

Edited by Sweeper07

1 hour ago, W6Saint said:

Having now seen the penalty decisions a few times I definitely think we should be taking this further.

I understand the club try to avoid tit for tat such as this but it has gone a step too far on this occasion.

Supporters paying good money to go to games at Ibrox and Parkhead when we don’t stand a chance of winning - our game is corrupt to the core and always has been, the other 40 SPFL clubs really need to say enough is enough.

I won't be back at Ibrox after yesterday. 

I respect the supporters that go to OF stadiums however although I go to most away matches I gave up going to these places many years ago due to sectarian bile and threats of violence. Bad refereeing also played a part as we rarely got any decisions. 

15 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I respect the supporters that go to OF stadiums however although I go to most away matches I gave up going to these places many years ago due to sectarian bile and threats of violence. Bad refereeing also played a part as we rarely got any decisions. 

Police that only seem interested in the St Mirren fans is another factor to why I won't be back there.

[emoji23] I’ll give you that one plus you should of read my post earlier for what it was. [emoji23]
As you can see I haven’t blocked you that’s rather childish. It’s a football forum & its all about opinions but agree with your post above.

He would say that coz they got it, wonder what he would of said if he didn’t.

8 hours ago, Doakes said:

Thought there were positives to take 

Dallas made sure we had no chance to take anything from the game

Tansey doesn’t look up to the pace required yet

Ferdinand was class, as was Hladky despite letting in 4 goals 

I’d like to see this team 

Hladky

Corbu Popescu Ferdinand Muzek

McAllister Erhahon McGinn Dreyer

Nazon Jackson

Maybe Lyons or Magennis in for Erahon , but what pleases me most about the current recruitment is that we have options on the bench . 

3 hours ago, Doakes said:

He wouldn’t make my first team

What's your team called? 

Jack Baird does the unglamourous stuff well - he played well yesterday and while others gave away goals - it's good old Jack who gets the meh!!!

Thankfully the Manager knows Jacks qualities - thank Fcuk he picks the team . . . :turtle