Sign in to follow this  
Dibbles old paperboy

The International Rangers v St Mirren - 2nd February 2019

10 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

And?

Our directors and their guests were in the boardroom drinking the Loving Cup before the game.

Stewart was very blunt in his tweets and didn't miss and hit the wall.

The difference is that SG is not a spokesperson for the club and is free to say what he likes without comeback from the football authorities.

On 2/3/2019 at 7:12 AM, Doakes said:

Thought there were positives to take 

Dallas made sure we had no chance to take anything from the game

Tansey doesn’t look up to the pace required yet

Ferdinand was class, as was Hladky despite letting in 4 goals 

I’d like to see this team 

Hladky

Corbu Popescu Ferdinand Muzek

McAllister Erhahon McGinn Dreyer

Nazon Jackson

Hope yous lads have a nice banner made up for Dallas when he next comes to Greenhill Rd  :angry:  

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Hope yous lads have a nice banner made up for Dallas when he next comes to Greenhill Rd  :angry:  

He will be lucky to get anywhere near greenhill road <_<

Should never referee another game of football at the top level 

Edited by Doakes

Interesting that Defoe claims that after awarding the penalty Dallas checks with Defoe whether he dived, Defoe unsurprisingly claims there was contact and Dallas then books Baird for dissent! Clearly the penalty is awarded despite Dallas not being sure whether Defoe dived.
I can't decide whether the club's response has been wise in letting everyone else highlight Dallas' performance or limp and disappointing. Almost nothing has been said about Morelos staying on the pitch and only getting a yellow card for stamping on an opponent again, and ex-referees and pundits have said Defoe dived, Candaeis dived and both of them should have had yellow cards. If we look at the top of the table first, these decisions in Rangers favour have meant Morelos should have been sent off now 4 or 5 times this season for kicking or stamping on opponents but has only had yellow cards. He should have been suspended when he scored at Greenhill Road, he should have been suspended for almost quarter of the season for the same offence. Steve Clarke has highlighted the outcry and response over Jordan Jones dive v Dundee where he got a 2 game suspension and is awaiting to see what happens with Defoe and Candaeis diving to win penalties. Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and Hearts (as well as Celtic) have all lost points to Rangers due to crazy refereeing decisions and their is a real prospect that these ill-gotten points could decide who finishes 2nd, 3rd, 4th and who loses out of hundreds of thousands of pounds in prize money.
At our end of the table, we went int Saturday's match with the best goal difference among the bottom 3 clubs and no longer enjoy that status partly due to Dallas awarding penalties in 1 game which were not penalties. If he calls those decisions correctly and Morelos is sent off for his stamp, and Paul McGinn doesn't need to be subbed because he hasn't been booked, it is still only 1-0 to Rangers after 80 minutes. Who is to say the match and result does not pan out differently. It is entirely possible the home crowd starts getting on their players backs, it is entirely possibly that we take encouragement from still being in the game with 10 minutes left and we might even register a shot on target!
Our chief executive will be all over this.

9 hours ago, Yflab said:

Well Stevie.

It's Monday and the silence from the SFA appears deafening. Looks like the beaks are in cahoots.

This just proves that the corruption is, as we all know, far up the food chain.

Although I do believe Dallas is incompetent, I don't think that was the sole reason for Saturday's debacle. I firmly believe he knew what he was doing and DIDN'T make a "mistake"  with any of the incidents. It would be more than ludicrous to assume someone is so imbecilic as to give all those decisions in error.

Edited by stlucifer

Not a peep out the club then?

They seem to be very fast at making statements about their own young supporters in W7, less so about protecting their own supporters when subjected to intimidation and violence at Ibrox, or defending the interests of the club against the cheating and bias we are subjected to every time we visit Glasgow.

It really is beyond a joke that no action has been taken against Defoe. Excuses I’ve heard; “But he got straight back up.” “He didn’t claim for it.” “He went down because he anticipated contact.” He dived. End off. 4 match ban. 3 points deducted for teams that have 3 players done for diving. Until they take a hardline on diving, it will continue to be one of the biggest growing scourges in our game. Of course we could bring all this in and Sevco players would still get away with murder. Our game has been corrupt for generations unfortunately.

It really is beyond a joke that no action has been taken against Defoe. Excuses I’ve heard; “But he got straight back up.” “He didn’t claim for it.” “He went down because he anticipated contact.” He dived. End off. 4 match ban. 3 points deducted for teams that have 3 players done for diving. Until they take a hardline on diving, it will continue to be one of the biggest growing scourges in our game. Of course we could bring all this in and Sevco players would still get away with murder. Our game has been corrupt for generations unfortunately.

Unfortunately these excuses make it difficult to ban Defoe IMO.He's a wily experienced professional, or diving bawbag. If SFA compliance officer was consistent and referree was competent it wouldn't be an issue.

Probably not going to be a popular view on here, but I don’t think Defoe dived. Well, not in a way as to con the ref on a premeditated basis. I think he genuinely did “anticipate contact” and went down in a reactive way, immediately got back up when he realised there had been no contact and chased after the ball. Not the slightest hint of a claim. 

I don’t hold Defoe responsible at all for that penalty. I hold Dallas 100% responsible for either an inexplicably incompetent decision or for being a corrupt, cheating khunt. Only Dallas knows which of those is true. 

10 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Probably not going to be a popular view on here, but I don’t think Defoe dived. Well, not in a way as to con the ref on a premeditated basis. I think he genuinely did “anticipate contact” and went down in a reactive way, immediately got back up when he realised there had been no contact and chased after the ball. Not the slightest hint of a claim. 

I don’t hold Defoe responsible at all for that penalty. I hold Dallas 100% responsible for either an inexplicably incompetent decision or for being a corrupt, cheating khunt. Only Dallas knows which of those is true. 

I’m not sure about that Bud. One of the photos being touted by the orcs to defend him actually sees him hang out his left left as if looking for contact . To me he does just that, realises there has been no contact so might get booked then gets back to his feet as he knew he’d made a James of himself . I think he was as surprised as anyone not to see  yellow card coming his way.

So (IMO) he knew what he wanted to achieve and the f**king idiot Dallas was just itching to give the orcs new engerlish “superstar” a warm Masonic welcome to Scotland .

• two people at fault, no one to blame :angry::angry::angry:
Edited by Callum Gilhooley

51 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

My personal take on it is the he’s 100% responsible for it.....I accept he anticipated contact but he decided to embellish it or make the most of it to gain an advantage, I don’t actually have an issue with that. He therefore is trying to influence the referee and it doesn’t come off for him and is left simulating contact and should be a booking