Sign in to follow this  
Dibbles old paperboy

The International Rangers v St Mirren - 2nd February 2019

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

And by your logic, how good are we?

Not sure why I’m making the effort to reply to you, but I’ll do it anyway.

First half of the season - Awful, wouldn’t have been surprised to see us in the relegation battle in the Championship never mind Premier.

With the January signings, I think we look better now. Work to be done but we have better options on the pitch now. Today, conceding after 3 mins (genuine penalty) would have been the catalyst to seeing us get ripped apart. By the hour mark we were still in the game. In the end the reason we were well beaten was down to the referee that clearly set out to help the Sevvies today. Had it been a fair game, who knows - we may have sneaked a late equaliser.

Its hard to judge the new squad as two of the three fixtures have been away to the bigotdomes, which usually result in 0 points anyway. The first half against Hibs was good, second half was dire until we went 2-1 down. Hibs attacked young Ethan’s side well - hopefully Muzek will be the cure to that.

So, the 4-0 pumping at Ibrox was better than the 4-0 pumping at Celtic Park a fortnight ago?

Were both worse than the 3-1 pumping Hibs gave us last week...?

Trying to get these repeated doings in order to check our progress.

Celtic - I watched the first half only. It was the worst of the last 3 league games.

Hibs - first half good. Second half useless.

Rangers - first half positive signs. Second half useless.

That said when you think about fine margins and momentum in games. The Hibs game could have been very different if Kyle had not taken a horrendous first touch and messed up a gilt edged chance and if McGregor had been penalised for a high boot (at head height) as Jackson was about to head into an empty net. Equally today if Rangers has only been awarded the one penalty.

No excuses. It needs to get better. Celtic game was a training exercise for them, but second half with 10 men against Alloa and both the first halves against Hibs and Rangers have been positive. Just need to hope the 10 new players gel quick enough to give us a chance.

Not really much else for it.

Hard to judge this game. Dallas ruined it. We competed well and have improved but Tansey is not the answer for me. Very impressed by Hladky. His distribution is good and looks solid. Muzak also looks quality. Our foreign players look way better than what we had. Still need more steel in the middle. Lyons and Dreyer had good first halves but faded a bit. I would have brought on McAllister. The Duck also looks promising he could be a good partner for Jackson. Jackson played his heart out again but needs more support. 

Another sore one today. I suppose today’s game can be looked at on two levels. Looked like we set up for damage limitation today and did ok in the first half. We had nothing going forward and didn’t have a hope due to the 4 pens given against us. It’s early days for all the new recruits bedding in. Just need to put today behind us and focus on the next games, getting the new players up to speed as quickly as possible. They look quite promising acquisitions. It can only get better and hopefully there is a win and turning point around the corner. We were massive odds to get anything from today’s game for a reason.
The other level is questioning the pens given against us again by that numpty Dallas. I’ve seen footage of the second and third and they were not penalties. Sounds like their fourth was questionable too, although I haven’t seen it. It’s hard to deny that there isn’t favouritism towards the old firm, Sevco in particular in Scottish football. Our game stinks and today is just another glaring example that will be brushed under the carpet by the media like the behaviour of some of their fans, because it’s expected and accepted by them and the SFA.
Wasn’t there today; sounds like we were poor again, but there’s still time for Oran to turn things around in our mini league of 3.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Not sure why I’m making the effort to reply to you, but I’ll do it anyway.

First half of the season - Awful, wouldn’t have been surprised to see us in the relegation battle in the Championship never mind Premier.

With the January signings, I think we look better now. Work to be done but we have better options on the pitch now. Today, conceding after 3 mins (genuine penalty) would have been the catalyst to seeing us get ripped apart. By the hour mark we were still in the game. In the end the reason we were well beaten was down to the referee that clearly set out to help the Sevvies today. Had it been a fair game, who knows - we may have sneaked a late equaliser.

Its hard to judge the new squad as two of the three fixtures have been away to the bigotdomes, which usually result in 0 points anyway. The first half against Hibs was good, second half was dire until we went 2-1 down. Hibs attacked young Ethan’s side well - hopefully Muzek will be the cure to that.

I would agree there were better stages to our play. But the issue we have had with anyone other than Alloa is creating, and getting shots on target. We know we struggle to keep a clean sheet, so we need to, at least carry a scoring threat.

so far this sason we have neither a tight defence, or a front line that scores. That is what relegates teams, even teams that look good for. 60 minutes or so. You gotta win points by scoring or not conceding.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

And by your logic, how good are we?

Well the real answer is always much better than you think...  :hammer

Given we have pretty much an entire new squad from the Stubzo shi*e and many of them have just arrived....

I do hope the Well game is not too soon - but IF we can win that and the Livi games we will get and stay ahead of the 2 main rivals and that is enough  for the moral to grow and the points to rise . . . .  Thank Fukc the BOD took the action they did and did not give that joker Stubzo any more time to do further damage . . .. :guinness

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

I would agree there were better stages to our play. But the issue we have had with anyone other than Alloa is creating, and getting shots on target. We know we struggle to keep a clean sheet, so we need to, at least carry a scoring threat.

so far this sason we have neither a tight defence, or a front line that scores. That is what relegates teams, even teams that look good for. 60 minutes or so. You gotta win points by scoring or not conceding.

I missed Alloa by accident. Poor to go two goals down, but the fight and character we had, with ten men, to not accept defeat and turn it around was something I wouldn’t have seen us doing pre-January.

I think going forward we do look better. We created f**k all against the bigots and I accept that, but against Hibs we looked more dangerous and more creative. Jackson was in the game more, because he had better support options in McAllister and Lyons. I think in time Dreyer and Nazon will be helping us on that front too.

Defensively it is still a worry. Presuming Muzek is not the next Mo Camara, we should strengthen that left flank and teams won’t cut through us so easily down there. After that my only major concern is the DM type who does all the dirty work and helps to protect the defence. Across the team I think there’s enough to gain a lot of 2-1s, we will concede but I feel there is goals in this team now. 

I have already commented twice on this totally hopeless guy called Andrew Dallas pretending to be a Grade 1 Official would he Dallas have ever ever awarded either Rangers or Celtic four pens to either side in an Old Firm match.The answer is perfectly obviousl. He has made so many basic errors on this and previous seasons he should immediately be sacked by the SFA.We should most certainly insist he is never invited to officiate at any future match involving Saints.

6 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I missed Alloa by accident. Poor to go two goals down, but the fight and character we had, with ten men, to not accept defeat and turn it around was something I wouldn’t have seen us doing pre-January.

I think going forward we do look better. We created f**k all against the bigots and I accept that, but against Hibs we looked more dangerous and more creative. Jackson was in the game more, because he had better support options in McAllister and Lyons. I think in time Dreyer and Nazon will be helping us on that front too.

Defensively it is still a worry. Presuming Muzek is not the next Mo Camara, we should strengthen that left flank and teams won’t cut through us so easily down there. After that my only major concern is the DM type who does all the dirty work and helps to protect the defence. Across the team I think there’s enough to gain a lot of 2-1s, we will concede but I feel there is goals in this team now. 

It is naïve of that is your only concern . . .  relegation would be much worse than not having a DM etc.

We have an entire new team bar 2 players - we have played the 2 best (biggest budgets) in the country and the Alloa game was as we are trying to build a team out of individuals.

We will not be world beaters now that we have made these changes - but we really can beat the 2 worst teams in the league - and that is good enough . .. 

We move on from this debacle   . . .. . .               Beating Well again would be a huge 3 points - C O Y S  . . . . :turtle

23 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

I have already commented twice on this totally hopeless guy called Andrew Dallas pretending to be a Grade 1 Official would he Dallas have ever ever awarded either Rangers or Celtic four pens to either side in an Old Firm match.The answer is perfectly obviousl. He has made so many basic errors on this and previous seasons he should immediately be sacked by the SFA.We should most certainly insist he is never invited to officiate at any future match involving Saints.

MCS.  I started a thread where stats are available for all refs involved in games this season.  It let's you analyse this on a club and opposition basis. 

May be worth a look.  The initial link shows Andrew Dallas but all other refs  can be accessed. 

24 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

It is naïve of that is your only concern . . .  relegation would be much worse than not having a DM etc.

Not sure if I’m being whooshed here but I was talking in terms of our team itself. I don’t disagree that relegation would be a major concern :lol:

6 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

2 penalties. Nothing ever changes against the cheating scum.

Any Saints fans who are at Ibrox should be ashamed of themselves. All games against the Old Firm should be boycotted.

Five likes slagging fellow st mirren fans who pay their hard earned cash to follow st mirren wherever they go is shameful . Of course the old firm are scum we all know that but this pish really gets on my tits. 

1 minute ago, bender rodriguez said:

Five likes slagging fellow st mirren fans who pay their hard earned cash to follow st mirren wherever they go is shameful . Of course the old firm are scum we all know that but this pish really gets on my tits. 

Bender.  Those involved need to look at their own prejudices when it comes to this.  The same people complain about attending home games against these teams. A number seem to boycott home games against the OF,  costing us money and reducing backing from the stands in the day. Not a brilliant strategy. 

It's been a long day had a few fall outs with rangers supporting family etc today was embarrassing for scottish football can you imagine if rangers had 4 penalties against them? But to have a go at st mirren fans cause they went to game today  really makes me angry. If u don't want to go games involving the old firm that's fine I will respect your decision just don't come on here greeting and slagging our die hards

I know it’s little consolation to our current predicament but apart from our Dundee win we were absolutely dead and buried after 15-20 mins in our other games at the start of the season. To still be a few points from safety at this stage is a feckin miracle. There are green shoots and loads of points to be gained especially in the head to heads and after the split.

8 minutes ago, Richie P said:

I know it’s little consolation to our current predicament but apart from our Dundee win we were absolutely dead and buried after 15-20 mins in our other games at the start of the season. To still be a few points from safety at this stage is a feckin miracle. There are green shoots and loads of points to be gained especially in the head to heads and after the split.

Very true in what you say, but are we any better than start of season has OK improved us in any way ?? We still lose goals cheaply from set plays, we don’t offer very much from middle to up front, the basics we are are lacking, the stuff a management team show be be working on at training, are the right messages being given to players?? Are they listening? Organisation of the team considering the amount of backroom staff we have is poor.

Surely the most important question is have we improved as a team since OK has taken over ?? Replies please.

5 hours ago, TopCat said:

So, the 4-0 pumping at Ibrox was better than the 4-0 pumping at Celtic Park a fortnight ago?

Were both worse than the 3-1 pumping Hibs gave us last week...?

Trying to get these repeated doings in order to check our progress.

You support the wrong team. That's all. 

Genuine question, do other team's forums have these sad little fannies that seem to feel vindicated when their own team loses?

Elvis gets a lot of grief on here, but he's just a crushing pessimist. With "Top Cat" and LPM you can almost feel the excitement every something goes against us. "YOU SEE MOTHER,  I WAS RIGHT! LET ME LOG ON TO B&W ARMY AND TELL EVERYONE".

If you went round the pub acting like these two every time we lose a game you'd eventually get a smack in the mouth.