Saint Mirren v Hamilton 1 Dec 2018

St.Ricky

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ticket offers for St Mirren v Hamilton

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/2367-ticket-offers-for-hamilton-match

I wish all Clubs would stop fecking about with stupid offers.

Just get  adult prices down to under a tenner and get on with it.

The very reason they have to do offers tells its own fecking story.

Just now, shull said:

Think Supermarkets.  Think Happy Hours.  It's the modern way. 

8 minutes ago, shull said:

Given the fact ST's sold well enough, I'm not sure the whole story is as you suggest. This is probably an attempt to entice the sale of half season tickets. I also don't believe reducing ticket prices to the level you suggest would even sustain the present income levels so it's a non starter. Contrary to your supposition, prices can't be simply calculated by inflation levels. The days of clubs paying players slave wages and directors taking all the profits while manipulating crowd levels are gone. There are many considerations to take into account.

23 minutes ago, shull said:

Yeah, let the part-time supporters in for half price, then next season we'll wonder why no-one is buying season tickets, as everyone realises it's not saving any money.

Genius, shull. You've been spending too much time in that taxi on your own, it's affecting your grasp on reality.

1 minute ago, shull said:

The only consideration is that fans are getting ripped off.

£22 to £27 for one match is disgraceful.

Players can have full time jobs outwith football and still earn a healthy part time salary.

Aye. Footballers are entertainers. (Even if some aren't as good as they should be). Thousands of people travel to watch them. In fact they're job is probably more relevant than some others. Perhaps taxi drivers can get real jobs too and reduce cab fares to reasonable levels.

24 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Yeah, let the part-time supporters in for half price, then next season we'll wonder why no-one is buying season tickets, as everyone realises it's not saving any money.

Genius, shull. You've been spending too much time in that taxi on your own, it's affecting your grasp on reality.

That's right Hendo.

That's what I really meant.

Next Season - Season Tickets £300

Pay at the Gate - £8 a match

You've got me sussed :lol:

With all the extra money coming into Football now compared to 40 years ago, players could get paid a decent part time salary and all fans could get FREE ENTRY TO ALL MATCHES.

The fact taxi drivers just sit on their arses all day maybe they should work longer shifts on shorter wages and taxi fares might get reduced.

I might even get a cheap taxi to the free football in the future sounds great

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

The fact taxi drivers just sit on their arses all day maybe they should work longer shifts on shorter wages and taxi fares might get reduced.

I might even get a cheap taxi to the free football in the future sounds great

I would give you a free taxi as a reward for your hilarious banter.

I am gonnae try and not sit down in my cab all day while I'm driving.

Might freak out my punters though.

Giving an honest opinion on pricing at football and the first three Forumsters can't reply without having a wee dig about Private Hire And me. :lol:

Their opinions on pricing and part time salaries for players would have been welcome.

2 hours ago, shull said:

The only consideration is that fans are getting ripped off.

£22 to £27 for one match is disgraceful.

Players can have full time jobs outwith football and still earn a healthy part time salary.

It cannot be a rip-off because you have the choice to go or stay away.

6 hours ago, shull said:

Giving an honest opinion on pricing at football and the first three Forumsters can't reply without having a wee dig about Private Hire And me. :lol:

Their opinions on pricing and part time salaries for players would have been welcome.

I responded in the manner I did because I think your demands are ridiculous in this day and age. Footballers have been full time in the top leagues for as many years as I care to recall and your demanding the industry decimates itself just to reduce the pressure on your pocket. This is an entertainment industry which delivers for millions. If you don't like the price then walk away. IF there is a majority who think the same then the clubs would soon find out. There's not so that intimates that people understand that, to get anywhere near a decent product, players need time to train in a professional manner. It's supply and demand. Whether it's because folk like the product or because of tribalism is neither here nor there. The demand is still there. I believe you are blinkered in your view by concentrating purely on the financial cost to yourself. Every job is created by demand. Football is no different.

Unfortunately it's just the way it is. More value is placed on live entertainment of any type these days. 

Used to be that few could afford things like Sky, lots of music albums etc (certainly, no one had a music library the size of Spotify at their disposal) so people would go and entertain themselves in their tens of thousands with live events like gigs or football as it was cheaper than watching it on TV or buying albums. 

It's now come full circle that technology is so cheap (mostly - Sky is still a joke) , that everything is at people's fingertips and it's driven the price of live entertainment up. Just look at the prices for concert tickets nowadays as well. There's more value in a 22 quid game of football than a 100 quid concert but that's wlthe world we live in now. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Not a product and hardly an entertainment.

Not a real business which supplies a good or service.

It's a Club folk have a great love and addiction for and Management take advantage and screw the lot of us.

Not all can walk away.

As for the £22 to £27 admission fee, take away Season Tickets and make every league match pay at the gate, what do you think would happen.

Our average home support being decimated to around 2000.

Check most of our Scottish Cup and League Cup home fan attendances since Season Tickets stopped being valid in 1995.

The upcoming Alloa attendance will be probably half our average league attendance and that has been the story for over 2 decades for similar Cup Ties.

We played Montrose in 1994 in the Scottish Cup. The match attracted 3083 which was a good few hundred above our average at the time. That was the last game ever that Season Tickets were valid for Scottish Cup matches. The rot set in after that.

The Forty Diddy Clubs could make plans to change everything, say in 3 or 4 years to give all time to adjust.

THE MAIN AIM , BEING A FAIR DEAL FOR SUPPORTERS BY HAVING A MAXIMUM £10 ADMISSION FEE.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1993&GameID=199401290

9 minutes ago, shull said:

Not a product and hardly an entertainment.

Not a real business which supplies a good or service.

It's a Club folk have a great love and addiction for and Management take advantage and screw the lot of us.

Not all can walk away.

As for the £22 to £27 admission fee, take away Season Tickets and make every league match pay at the gate, what do you think would happen.

Our average home support being decimated to around 2000.

Check most of our Scottish Cup and League Cup home fan attendances since Season Tickets stopped being valid in 1995.

The upcoming Alloa attendance will be probably half our average league attendance and that has been the story for over 2 decades for similar Cup Ties.

We played Montrose in 1994 in the Scottish Cup. The match attracted 3083 which was a good few hundred above our average at the time. That was the last game ever that Season Tickets were valid for Scottish Cup matches. The rot set in after that.

The Forty Diddy Clubs could make plans to change everything, say in 3 or 4 years to give all time to adjust.

THE MAIN AIM , BEING A FAIR DEAL FOR SUPPORTERS BY HAVING A MAXIMUM £10 ADMISSION FEE.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1993&GameID=199401290

The more times you say it won't make it happen. 

Has the price of a ST not remained more or less the same for the last 10 years ? Decent value for money if you ask me. 

Are attendances not on the up?If supporters were that bothered,  they'd be voting with their feet.

Edited by munoz