Saint Mirren v Hamilton 1 Dec 2018

St.Ricky

32 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I responded in the manner I did because I think your demands are ridiculous in this day and age. Footballers have been full time in the top leagues for as many years as I care to recall and your demanding the industry decimates itself just to reduce the pressure on your pocket. This is an entertainment industry which delivers for millions. If you don't like the price then walk away. IF there is a majority who think the same then the clubs would soon find out. There's not so that intimates that people understand that, to get anywhere near a decent product, players need time to train in a professional manner. It's supply and demand. Whether it's because folk like the product or because of tribalism is neither here nor there. The demand is still there. I believe you are blinkered in your view by concentrating purely on the financial cost to yourself. Every job is created by demand. Football is no different.

Football Clubs charge through the roof , whether there is a demand or not.

Queens Park, who pay no wages , charge a whopping £14 and have over 51000 empty seats at matches.

4 minutes ago, shull said:

Football Clubs charge through the roof , whether there is a demand or not.

Queens Park, who pay no wages , charge a whopping £14 and have over 51000 empty seats at matches.

But how many more would they attract if they halved that entry fee? I would think they'd have crunched the numbers and decided this level of entry fee is optimum. Large enough to give reasonable income but small enough to keep the turnstiles turning. And. Although they don't pay players, tey do pay wages to backroom staff. In fact it could be that you've just destroyed your own argument as to whether players should be full time.

8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

But how many more would they attract if they halved that entry fee? I would think they'd have crunched the numbers and decided this level of entry fee is optimum. Large enough to give reasonable income but small enough to keep the turnstiles turning. And. Although they don't pay players, tey do pay wages to backroom staff. In fact it could be that you've just destroyed your own argument as to whether players should be full time.

For me it's not just about increasing crowds.

The most important thing is the regular addicted supporters getting a fair deal and not getting shafted.

Some fans are seriously addicted and will attend all matches , no matter the outrageous charge.

That is scandalous and very sad.

Saints fans will be paying £30 a match in the next few years. And some will pay out of loyalty and habit.

Our performance against them earlier in the season was horrific, but we are a different team now and won’t be playing on their crappy pitch.
We were bullied all over the pitch last time. Mikel Miller was dropping in the hole with no one picking him up and tore us a new one. We need to nullify him and get fired into them, which I’m sure we will.
Same level of performance as Saturday and we should have too much for them. Be great to leapfrog them and start building a bit of momentum.
In Oran we trust.

2 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Our performance against them earlier in the season was horrific, but we are a different team now and won’t be playing on their crappy pitch.
We were bullied all over the pitch last time. Mikel Miller was dropping in the hole with no one picking him up and tore us a new one. We need to nullify him and get fired into them, which I’m sure we will.
Same level of performance as Saturday and we should have too much for them. Be great to leapfrog them and start building a bit of momentum.
In Oran we trust.

A great incentive to finally get out of the play-off spot, and to bring another team into the mire. 

Just now, shull said:

Not a product and hardly an entertainment.

Not a real business which supplies a good or service.

It's a Club folk have a great love and addiction for and Management take advantage and screw the lot of us.

Not all can walk away.

As for the £22 to £27 admission fee, take away Season Tickets and make every league match pay at the gate, what do you think would happen.

Our average home support being decimated to around 2000.

Check most of our Scottish Cup and League Cup home fan attendances since Season Tickets stopped being valid in 1995.

The upcoming Alloa attendance will be probably half our average league attendance and that has been the story for over 2 decades for similar Cup Ties.

We played Montrose in 1994 in the Scottish Cup. The match attracted 3083 which was a good few hundred above our average at the time. That was the last game ever that Season Tickets were valid for Scottish Cup matches. The rot set in after that.

The Forty Diddy Clubs could make plans to change everything, say in 3 or 4 years to give all time to adjust.

THE MAIN AIM , BEING A FAIR DEAL FOR SUPPORTERS BY HAVING A MAXIMUM £10 ADMISSION FEE.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1993&GameID=199401290

I'm afraid this is delusional nonsense. Management of the club are not trying to fleece us but make ends meet. Our players are not especially well paid - second lowest payers in the league at 46k on average, which isnt massive considering how short a career it is. 

Taxi drivers, on the other hand, can go on till their eye sight fails AND can charge double money at Christmas and New Year. 

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I'm afraid this is delusional nonsense. Management of the club are not trying to fleece us but make ends meet. Our players are not especially well paid - second lowest payers in the league at 46k on average, which isnt massive considering how short a career it is. 

Taxi drivers, on the other hand, can go on till their eye sight fails AND can charge double money at Christmas and New Year. 

And there we have it.

Somebody that doesn't understand anything that I have posted and bring my occupation into it again. 

Human beings who are presently football players do not retire from the workplace in their 30's. 

They can work like everybody else till the age of 65 and beyond if they desire. 

49 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I'm actually surprised at this figure, £46k a year is more than a decent salary, especially when you take in the hours they "work".

I'm not getting into the actual quality you get for £46k, that's a never ending debate. :wink:

As has been mentioned, players just don't stop earning any money after they stop playing and, if they have any sense, would have saved up a nice nest egg for a rainy day on the salary they currently earn. 

Edited by faraway saint

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm actually surprised at this figure, £46 a year is more than a decent salary, especially when you take in the hours they "work".

As has been mentioned, players just don't stop earning any money after they stop playing and, if they have any sense, would have saved up a nice nest egg for a rainy day on the salary they currently earn. 

46 pounds a year.  Wow.. Others are getting 46,000 

5 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Too much positivity on this thread.

Saints 0-1 Accies

With last weeks well deserved victory comes expectation, nothing wrong with that.

The other side of that is IF we lost it would take the shine of the Hearts game and, IMO, put us back to square one in our quest to escape the bottom two. 

I see it as pretty even, but I also thought a draw was a decent outcome last week. 

19 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Don't agree.  We have a proud record. 

So winning a Cup in 1926 makes us a top Club ? 

Alongside that huge Club, Queens Park who have won plenty. 

We are just a Club and pretty shite at football presently. 

Hopefully we will improve. 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

With last weeks well deserved victory comes expectation, nothing wrong with that.

The other side of that is IF we lost it would take the shine of the Hearts game and, IMO, put us back to square one in our quest to escape the bottom two. 

I see it as pretty even, but I also thought a draw was a decent outcome last week. 

I'd have thought Saints fans would have learned the dangers of expectation by now :P

I made a similar comment last week and we we won so I'm sticking with it. Nothing to do with me predicting defeats most weeks :ph34r:

39 minutes ago, shull said:

So winning a Cup in 1926 makes us a top Club ? 

Alongside that huge Club, Queens Park who have won plenty. 

We are just a Club and pretty shite at football presently. 

Hopefully we will improve. 

Suggest you check this Shull. A while since I looked this up but we are in the top 10 most successful Scottish Clubs. 

Pretty proud of Paisley for that. 

15 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Suggest you check this Shull. A while since I looked this up but we are in the top 10 most successful Scottish Clubs. 

I am proud of St Mirren and our past history. 

Call us a big club, top Club if you wish but at the moment we are a dire big and top Club.

Queens Park are a top Club, aren't they ? 

18 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

And what has Paisley got to do with it. 

All down to St Mirren Football Club and our wonderful supporters. 

Most of Paisley and Renfrewshire support two sectarian Clubs from Glasgow. 

I went to school in Renfrewshire and out of a class of 30, only I supported St Mirren. 

The other 29 were fans of Deid as a Dodo FC (1873 - 2012 ). 

In Oran we trust.
Thank you for trying to bring this thread back on topic. ..

I did not go to the corresponding away fixture earlier this season but was gutted at the result and even more disappointed to read how poor our performance had been. Hopefully OK now has the players on the right track and they take the confidence gained from last weekend into this match.
If we do, we stand an excellent chance of getting the win we badly need.

I'd have thought Saints fans would have learned the dangers of expectation by now [emoji14]
I made a similar comment last week and we we won so I'm sticking with it. Nothing to do with me predicting defeats most weeks [emoji185]
Unfortunately no learning curve for me. By the time the next match comes around I can hear Mr.Optimistic whispering in my ear telling me to ignore what my head is telling me and listen to my heart instead.