Saint Mirren v Hamilton 1 Dec 2018

St.Ricky

6 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

Thank you for trying to bring this thread back on topic. ..

I did not go to the corresponding away fixture earlier this season but was gutted at the result and even more disappointed to read how poor our performance had been. Hopefully OK now has the players on the right track and they take the confidence gained from last weekend into this match.
If we do, we stand an excellent chance of getting the win we badly need.

There is reason to feel optimistic if we perform the way we have over the past two games. 

As others have said,  Hamilton are experienced in survival at this level so a win would not only take us above them but send out a strong message that we are here to stay. 

39 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Looking forward to this especially if we win. Last Post 11.45 then onto hospitality for 12.30. 3 lads from Rothesay coming and a few BAWA buds. 

I was in hospitality on Saturday past IoBS but used the 1877 Club between 12:00 and 12:30 while we killed time between our train getting in and hospitality opening!!

Enjoy your day

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Hamilton fans, well,a handful, not too confident..........................:lol:

http://www.acciesworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1337&sid=7d0e594a036564c5175283d39f844302

Hmmm,

for me as I previously said i reckon this will be a much harder game than against a patched up Hearts team, who still tried to play football, regardless of their missing key players. Hamilton wont try to do that, they will sit back when we have possesion, kick anything that moves, then concentrate on counter attacks and set pieces (including throw ins).

they will frustrate, kick the ball away, block quick free kicks, plague the ref, time waste and milk every situation to try and grind us down. If we are up, or level at half time then Oran needs to ensure we pack that midfield and stay patient. If we react, then we hand them opportunities. Tough game, likely a draw, or a one goal win turgid affair which wont end with 22 players on the pitch imo.

edit: away support to go from 1600 last week to 160 tomorrow.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Aye, I doubt this will be a classic.

I have the fear after that last abject performance at Hamilton. On the other hand, while Hearts are not on top form we were very comfortable winners last week. 

I'm hoping Kyle and McGinn are on top form and can drive us to another 2-0 win.

I suspect Rogers is going to be tested a lot more this week though!

49 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hmmm,

for me as I previously said i reckon this will be a much harder game than against a patched up Hearts team, who still tried to play football, regardless of their missing key players. Hamilton wont try to do that, they will sit back when we have possesion, kick anything that moves, then concentrate on counter attacks and set pieces (including throw ins).

they will frustrate, kick the ball away, block quick free kicks, plague the ref, time waste and milk every situation to try and grind us down. If we are up, or level at half time then Oran needs to ensure we pack that midfield and stay patient. If we react, then we hand them opportunities. Tough game, likely a draw, or a one goal win turgid affair which wont end with 22 players on the pitch imo.

edit: away support to go from 1600 last week to 160 tomorrow.

We just haven't had the bounce from a good result so far this season to follow on from a good result. The last Hamilton game was a night mare and your assessment of how it might pan out tomorrow is my greatest fear.

On the positive side we have Hammill and Jackson now plus McGennis is back but Hamilton will be frustrating opposition. Hopefully it will be a different response from our boys This time.

Any meaningful analysis of the game come sunday, will be a bit sketchy on my part though. St Mirren tie on for Hospitality and no doubt spend the first half watching two balls and 44 players running around.

Can't Wait.

Hope when I wake upon Sunday we won. 

Image result for did we win

18 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

We just haven't had the bounce from a good result so far this season to follow on from a good result. The last Hamilton game was a night mare and your assessment of how it might pan out tomorrow is my greatest fear.

On the positive side we have Hammill and Jackson now plus McGennis is back but Hamilton will be frustrating opposition. Hopefully it will be a different response from our boys This time.

Any meaningful analysis of the game come sunday, will be a bit sketchy on my part though. St Mirren tie on for Hospitality and no doubt spend the first half watching two balls and 44 players running around.

Can't Wait.

Also factor in that since predicting (and getting it wrong) a win in Dundee, I know deploy my own reverse psychology to each prediction. Nudge, nudge, wink... wink...

Not sure where you all sit but got a wee request - Oran mentioned last week how much the vocal support helped push the team on last week against Hearts...

Lets make a huge effort to get behind the team vocally for this one. Doesn't need to be singing, just a simple roar of encouragement makes a huge difference. 

I'd suggest that every time we get a corner or a free kick, lets roar them on. 

COYS :happyclapper

22 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Not sure where you all sit but got a wee request - Oran mentioned last week how much the vocal support helped push the team on last week against Hearts...

Lets make a huge effort to get behind the team vocally for this one. Doesn't need to be singing, just a simple roar of encouragement makes a huge difference. 

I'll do my best. 

57 minutes ago, Doakes said:

And an excellent suggestion it is.  COYS. 

Count us in! 

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Can't Wait.

Thermals and polo-neck jumpers :D