Saint Mirren v Hamilton 1 Dec 2018

St.Ricky

FT 1-3

The scoreline is a fair reflection, we were terrible. Hamilton have beaten us twice this season - 3-0 last time and 1-3 today - and are 5 points ahead of us in the league for one simple reason:

They’re better than us.

Second half we started fairly well and it looked like we might get that equaliser. Then Hamilton hit us on the break and score an excellent goal and it’s good night Vienna. After that Jackson deservedly gets sent off and we slowly fade out.

Today was our chance to get into the pack and we truly shat it. Surely no doubt now that it’s going to be us and Dundee in 11th and 12th.

Hamilton got the smarts and I’m sure they will stay up again. Billy Reid’s inimitable style that he instilled in that football club 13 years ago lives on in the way they play the game today and fair play to them. Whatever works.

Couple of tough away games for us now, Hibs then Livi. Need to get.. something.

How many more games does Kearney realistically get? I don't think anyone can say any progress has been made.

His players or not, we don't look organised and we seem ridiculously easy to play against, we're so one dimensional while attempting to attack?

He needs a massive January.

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

FT 1-3

The scoreline is a fair reflection, we were terrible. Hamilton have beaten us twice this season - 3-0 last time and 1-3 today - and are 5 points ahead of us in the league for one simple reason:

They’re better than us.

Second half we started fairly well and it looked like we might get that equaliser. Then Hamilton hit us on the break and score an excellent goal and it’s good night Vienna. After that Jackson deservedly gets sent off and we slowly fade out.

Today was our chance to get into the pack and we truly shat it. Surely no doubt now that it’s going to be us and Dundee in 11th and 12th.

Hamilton got the smarts and I’m sure they will stay up again. Billy Reid’s inimitable style that he instilled in that football club 13 years ago lives on in the way they play the game today and fair play to them. Whatever works.

Couple of tough away games for us now, Hibs then Livi. Need to get.. something.

Hamilton. The shite that just won't flush.

To be honest they can all f**k right off. Not one player gets pass marks and seeing players like Ryan Edwards in the team just makes it worse. Hammill clearly has class but can’t get anywhere with the piss poor players he is handcuffed to and becomes ineffective because of this. Jury is still out on Oran too, seems a smashing bloke and a great man manager but yet to see what he brings tactically.

As for Accies, they play to their strengths but my god is it eye bleeding to watch.

Ok , we were not great and probably deserved to get beat but f**k me are Hamilton eye wateringly awful to watch ?
Goalie warned about time wasting on the 9 Minute Mark, players rolling around “injured “ and Ziggy Gordon escapes a red yet again. Jackson gets two yellows , how many does Gordon get away with every f**king game ?

Hamilton are past masters at winning ugly and it showed in bucketfuls today .

Absolutely dismal performance. What does Edwards and Mullan bring to the team

As far as I can see NOTHING., Who gave McGinn MOM. He must be in the hoose all day. Defending today was piss poor. Midfielders had no energy and the forwards had no service. Magennis was no where at it today. Hope McShane was injured cos if not that is a dreadful sub. At least 5 or 6 of this first team won't be playing in Jan. Cooke done ok when he came on but by that time the game was lost

How many more games does Kearney realistically get?

FFS! Some of you lot would change a manager every time the other team get a corner.

We need to stick with this guy, support him in the January window and see where it takes us.

Tactically, there’s very little wrong with us, we just don’t have good enough players. It’s a collective effort but Erhahon isn’t a left back at this level, Paul McGinn is not a right midfielder at this level, Ryan Edwards is not a left midfielder at this level and Danny Mullen is not a striker at this level. I could go on but the litmus test is to ask yourself how many of our players would get a game for other teams? Maybe Hammil? Maybe Magennis (although not on today’s showing)?

We need four or five starters to be added in or the playoffs are our best hope.

Just now, farmer john said:

I'm sickened yet again. Absolutely sickened.  But as this night and  next days wear on it will fade and by Wednesday I will be raring to cheer us on again against Hibs then Livvy and hopefully at least 4 points.

Well, Hibs, currently 3-0 down to Killie are on the crest of a slump so we should go there and try to do what we done to Hearts. 

Ok , we were not great and probably deserved to get beat but f**k me are Hamilton eye wateringly awful to watch ?
Goalie warned about time wasting on the 9 Minute Mark, players rolling around “injured “ and Ziggy Gordon escapes a red yet again. Jackson gets two yellows , how many does Gordon get away with every f**king game ?

Hamilton are past masters at winning ugly and it showed in bucketfuls today .

Best post so far, sums it up perfectly [emoji6]

How can the same group of players who showed such fight and determination last week be so toothless and clueless this week?  It beggars belief.

Hearts came onto us last week which suited us and allowed us to hit on the break. Accies did that to us today and were good at it with their big centre forward giving our centre backs a torrid time.