Saint Mirren v Hamilton 1 Dec 2018

St.Ricky

4 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Hearts came onto us last week which suited us and allowed us to hit on the break. Accies did that to us today and we’re good at it with their big centre forward giving our centre backs a torrid time.

Big centre forward showed up our young backs. Totally dominated us. Hope Anton returns soon. 

Don't get too excited guys - last week was just a blip.

Today is what it is all about - we are just not good enough for this league.

Hamilton won comfortably and deservedly because they had better players, albeit their time wasting from the first ten minutes was excruciating to watch.

It's a pity Shankland won't get the chance to play against his former team next season.

Guest TPAFKATS
What was the attendance? 
Missed it in all the excitement.
4,300 +odds
242 accies fans

Billy Dodds on radio Scotland guessing 150 accies fans despite it being announced and on the scoreboard. Sums up the wee dick.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

4,300 +odds
242 accies fans

Billy Dodds on radio Scotland guessing 150 accies fans despite it being announced and on the scoreboard. Sums up the wee dick.

Just now, chalky1 said:

4334, something like 244 Accies fans and some C'nt from this forum watching on Saints TV

Aye, I know....................and more money wasted on Saints TV. :P

We never learn playing against that gang do we?

First of all, i’m grateful i’m not an Accies fan because they are unbelievably horrendous to watch - Dumbarton levels of bad.

Secondly, it’s about time the 12 Clubs came together and put in a formal complaint about the jobsworths that ref our games.

To top it all off not many of our players get pass marks today. McShane was no worse than Magennis or Paul McGinn (or indeed Edwards) today, so poor sub no 1.

Hammill is our one dangerman and Jackson was ineffective yet again, hence poor sub no 2.

Cooke did make a difference though and deserves another chance given his performances in the reserves too.

Having said that, despite his poor use of subs i’m not going to criticise OK as he is having to deal with a very inconsistent squad of players who have no collective street-smarts about them.

We are not any worse than these teams around us, but we are letting them play their game and stooping to their level. Time to start playing smart. 

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

See Mullan getting some stick on here. He played about 25 minutes was effective at winning the ball running at accies defence and had a great strike that hit the bar.

Some fans just have their boo boys. 

Baird and Stephen McGinn get it weekly too.

Seen Baird reacting to a shout today from W4 incidentally, no wonder.

2 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

First of all, i’m grateful i’m not an Accies fan because they are unbelievably horrendous to watch - Dumbarton levels of bad.

Secondly, it’s about time the 12 Clubs came together and put in a formal complaint about the jobsworths that ref our games.

To top it all off not many of our players get pass marks today. McShane was no worse than Magennis or Paul McGinn (or indeed Edwards) today, so poor sub no 1.

Hammill is our one dangerman and Jackson was ineffective yet again, hence poor sub no 2.

Cooke did make a difference though and deserves another chance given his performances in the reserves too.

Having said that, despite his poor use of subs i’m not going to criticise OK as he is having to deal with a very inconsistent squad of players who have no collective street-smarts about them.

We are not any worse than these teams around us, but we are letting them play their game and stooping to their level. Time to start playing smart. 

Yes we are.

Guest TPAFKATS
I'm not a fan of Edwards however I completely understood bringing him on for mcShane who was anonymous. This was a game that required a headless chicken running around winning the ball.
Unfortunately Edwards was so much of a headless chicken he went missing and caused the 3rd goal.
Hamill was poor so understand why he was subbed.
Paul McGinn had a decent first half, never noticed him much 2nd as he was over other side.

Fair play to big Cody Cooke,  he came on and put himself about. Actually caused a few problems for the accies defence with our long hopeless balls up the park. 

The rest of the team were pretty horrendous and we got exactly what we deserved. Infact Lee Hodson wasn't too bad either but still not great. 

The defending for the first 2 goals is shocking,  no idea why the free kick for the 2nd was given right enough. 

15 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Some fans just have their boo boys. 

True, but for some reason Kyle M always seems to get an easy ride from the fans whenever he has a stinker. 

Anyway, it must be time to fire the numpty that's in charge of the ball boys. Hamilton didn't need to time-waste today with these clueless 6 year-old kids as ball boys. Get some bigger lads involved FFS !!

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

True, but for some reason Kyle M always seems to get an easy ride from the fans whenever he has a stinker. 

Anyway, it must be time to fire the numpty that's in charge of the ball boys. Hamilton didn't need to time-waste today with these clueless 6 year-old kids as ball boys. Get some bigger lads involved FFS !!

Start a thread. :wink:

He’s the golden boy isn’t he. Next big thing and all that. Personally I don’t think he’s up to it at Premiership level and I hope he’s dropped next week.

Today Accies had guys like Gordon, Imrie, MacKinnon and Keatings. Any of those four would be our best player.

It’s all well and good bleating about the ref and their tactics. The reason they keep beating us is because they have better players.

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I was just about to post that some of the stuff i heard shouted at ball boys, i.e. children, today was pretty appalling.

Anyone going to a football match and putting any sort of blame on kids helping out really needs to get a grip of themselves.

Just now, Thorizaar said:

I was just about to post that some of the stuff i heard shouted at ball boys, i.e. children, today was pretty appalling.

Anyone going to a football match and putting any sort of blame on kids helping out really needs to get a grip of themselves.

I am  not blaming the youngsters.

I am blaming the idiot who gives those youngsters a role they are too immature to deal with.

2 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

Another to the list of reasons we got beat today.

Tragic but not surprising with some of our support. 

Terrible result today. Any time we sense a turning tide the good old saints bring us back to earth with a bump.
Massive opportunity to kickstart our season, but we’re not good enough. Disappointing and a big pinch of realism today. We’re all pinning our hopes on Oran turning it all around in the January window, which is a very big ask in my opinion. Today shows how far Hearts have fallen with their injuries too.

Sadly we are just not good enough or smart enough for this league. Physically bullied off the ball, poor at defending set pieces, unable to create many meaningful opportunities to score and when we do seldom make the keeper work. Confidence l am sure plays a big part but too many of our players are inconsistent wrk in week out. We weren't terrible today and we worked hard, but coupled with poor refereeing were outfoxed by a poor Hamilton. Not expecting a happy Christmas in paisley this year and fear January will not bring us adequate relief

Another false dawn.

Can’t defend set pieces. Continuous long balls to a tiny striker. No bottle in midfield. Just pathetic.

No excuses but how f**king honking was Clancy today. Fell for every trick in the book. Hook, line and sinker.

Cooke needs to be getting starts. He suits our tactics more than Jackson does just now.