Saint Mirren v Hamilton 1 Dec 2018

St.Ricky

See Mullan getting some stick on here. He played about 25 minutes was effective at winning the ball running at accies defence and had a great strike that hit the bar.
Does nothing except run hard. He cant pass. Takes 20 touches to bring the ball under control. I know he's a tryer. But it takes more than that to be a SPL player.

46 minutes ago, guinness said:

That was awful. The wee boy is never a left back. I am not covinced the manager  has a clue. I seriously do not know where we go from here. I know a lot of you like OK but his position is becoming untenable. That was unacceptable.

What complete and utter nonsense. 

Bright start to both the first and second half. Made more chances than Hamilton.

Only took one. Hamilton made three and took three courtesy of poor defending from two set pieces and an excellent strike for the third.

Sounds simple but we need to defend better and be more clinical up front. 

Some fans just have their boo boys. 
Baird and Stephen McGinn get it weekly too.
Seen Baird reacting to a shout today from W4 incidentally, no wonder.

We have some complete rockets in our support that must think it helps to shout abuse at our players during the game wish the players could have a shot of using their heads as a ball because there is clearly only air inside aswell

Actually forgot McShane was playing before he was subbed. Not big on Edwards either he might have all the pace in the world but he’s terrible with the ball at his feet.

Cooke should start on wed, thought he done alright when he came on, seen a clip on twitter of him banging them in for the reserves too... I’d see no harm in starting him. 

Hamilton played their usual game, it works for them but it’s terrible and frustrating to watch, kind of similar to Livi last season. 

I know people like to blame refs and what not but I thought gordon should of walked for them, first with the last man challenge on Jackson then secondly when he came in behind Mullen late on whilst already on a yellow, Jackson’s first booking was soft but his second was just plain silly, felt like it was down to frustration. Refs in Scotland need more consistency, although I still think regardless of those decisions we where honking and deserved to get beat.

We seriously need tough players with the mentality for a scrap. We need a jim Goodwin type enforcer big time. 

We aren't streetwise. And our gaffer is naive believing pure football will always win through.
We are in a bare knuckle fight just to stay in this league now. That's it!

I agree with the first sentence 100%. I don’t think the pure football bit is accurate though, if anything I think we should be playing a bit more of it, only time we looked dangerous today was when we got the ball down and played.

That said, I think you are right that if it’s all about league survival , as things stand we need a few Ziggy Gordons

We are naive at this level. We need to be morephysical and sharper. When we get ball there’s 2 opposition players on us yet we can’t do the same. They had 3 chances 3 goals.We take too many touches and that’s down to confidence.  Yes refereeing decisions seem to go against us but we need to step up and get on with it. Knew that would happen v Hamilton- they go 1 up and then do what they’ve been doing for years - time wasting, players falling down etc etc. What’s the good of 3 pts v Hearts then this. Not good enough !

53 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Bright start to both the first and second half. Made more chances than Hamilton.

Only took one. Hamilton made three and took three courtesy of poor defending from two set pieces and an excellent strike for the third.

Unusual but I agree with this.

I had some next to me blaming the linesman for the second but it wasn't him who stood back and let Gordon wander in to score.

We were defensively naïve for all goals. How the F**k does Imrie tower above a defence to header in the first?  for the third we gave Keatings? far too much room.

Worse still is I actually thought after we scored we'd go on and get more form the game only to be thwarted by that lapse. Some are saying Hamilton were an eyesore but that's their problem. That's not what cost us the match. Many were praising our defence last week but I, along with a few others, said we were up against a powderpuff attack. This  was an acid test and we got burned.

Edited by stlucifer

Yet again our inability to deal with set pieces adds to our downfall today.  I mean Dougie Imrie  (one of the smallest players in Accies team wins a header fir 1st goal)  scores is basic football.

But the happy clappers at the end of the game continue to clap away at the players and the manager for yet another inept performance.

I was questioned by one of the happy clappers as to my question to Oran Mor at the end of the game about our inability to defend set pieces and what was being done to rectify it in training Monday to Friday (obviously sod all).

The happy clapper then told  me I was a tube (not quite what he said)  to dare to ask Oran Mor what was being done to address said set piece failures. as he was clapping the happy clappers.

So pleasing  to see the happy clappers applaud the players and manager no matter the result (even one of our closest rivals who'll be in the mix and who've taken 6 points from us so far)

Let's see how many happy clappers continue to applaud the team as the season progresses I mean we are REALLY going to sort it all out in the January transfer window as no other in the league will strengthen. God help us as for Oran Mor the jury remains firmly out, why don't any of the happy clappers open their eyes and really see what progress if any is being made at our club., maybe it's just me bur we are a bigger club than Accies, Livingston and St Johnstone  and are frankly not even  near their calibre at present which is frankly an embarrassment. But hey we have SMISA. 

Yet again our inability to deal with set pieces adds to our downfall today.  I mean Dougie Imrie  (one of the smallest players in Accies team wins a header fir 1st goal)  scores is basic football.
But the happy clappers at the end of the game continue to clap away at the players and the manager for yet another inept performance.
I was questioned by one of the happy clappers as to my question to Oran Mor at the end of the game about our inability to defend set pieces and what was being done to rectify it in training Monday to Friday (obviously sod all).
The happy clapper then told  me I was a tube (not quite what he said)  to dare to ask Oran Mor what was being done to address said set piece failures. as he was clapping the happy clappers.
So pleasing  to see the happy clappers applaud the players and manager no matter the result (even one of our closest rivals who'll be in the mix and who've taken 6 points from us so far)
Let's see how many happy clappers continue to applaud the team as the season progresses I mean we are REALLY going to sort it all out in the January transfer window as no other in the league will strengthen. God help us as for Oran Mor the jury remains firmly out, why don't any of the happy clappers open their eyes and really see what progress if any is being made at our club., maybe it's just me bur we are a bigger club than Accies, Livingston and St Johnstone  and are frankly not even  near their calibre at present which is frankly an embarrassment. But hey we have SMISA. 

Wish I could buy that happy clapper a pint

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Straight from the BBC website, usual unimaginative clueless post, well done. :lol:

Powder puff in every department.

Lacking skill and strength all over the park, been evident all season, no improvement.

Players look lost, manager seems incapable of making any difference and we've lost any sort of confidence boost we should have had from last week.

Let's no forget Hamilton are shit, even most of their fans were expecting a defeat today as they are mince. (Please no more excuses about referees, antics and ball boys :thumbsdown)

They have scored 12 goals all season, 6 against us. :lol:

Again we've created a gap between us and them (Hamilton), 5 points, a 2 game swing required to overtake them.

If Dundee win their game in hand we will be equal bottom. 

On the bright side Hibs are shit right now, a real chance, like the Hearts game to cash in on their disarray. 

You’re upset mate, I understand that, but intentionally referring to the manager by some made up name isn’t as funny as you think and makes you look like a bit of a fanny.

The supporters (or happy clappers as you call them) have applauded much worse teams/performances than you saw today and I’d be willing to bet they will still be clapping them off the park in May next year if the worst comes to pass as long as they continue to see the effort. There’s no quit in this team, they are simply not good enough at this level but the addition of 4 or 5 in January will help with that and hopefully give us a chance to avoid the drop.

If it doesn’t? Then we’re back to Championship and life goes on because we’re St Mirren and this sort of shit is in our DNA and no amount of managerial changes or slagging fellow supporters will change that one bit if the last 40 years of me watching them is any sort of barometer.

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Anyway, it must be time to fire the numpty that's in charge of the ball boys. Hamilton didn't need to time-waste today with these clueless 6 year-old kids as ball boys. Get some bigger lads involved FFS !!

The wee boy ball in front of us didn't move off his seat if the ball was more than 2 ft from him.The Accies goalie was loving it.The Youth team players who sit in the stand should be getting used.

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Straight from the BBC website, usual unimaginative clueless post, well done. :lol:

Dismal and derogatory as usual. One of us was there. I know which of us that was. 

By the way.. Have now looked at the BBC website in response to your post. 

Saints

22 Shots.. 4 on target.  1 goal. 

Accies

7 Shots. 4 on target.  3 goals. 

Also

Saints had 53 percent possession. 

Did the majority of the work.  Hamilton were dangerous on-the-break though. 

Appears to back up my views.  Thanks for mentioning it. 

4 minutes ago, HSS said:

The wee boy ball in front of us didn't move off his seat if the ball was more than 2 ft from him.The Accies goalie was loving it.The Youth team players who sit in the stand should be getting used.

The little lad in front of W4 was active and looked like he wanted to lead the singing. 

Edited by St.Ricky