Saint Mirren v Hamilton 1 Dec 2018

St.Ricky

Also a guy sitting a few rows behind us had a visit from 2 Stewards.They invited him to go for a walk with them.He never returned. :o Must have been about the 70th min.

I'm not the nosey type.............

but does anybuddie know what happened?

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Dismal and derogatory as usual. One of us was there. I know which of us that was. 

So were over 4000 others

And many more weren't but still support the Team

What's the big fecking deal about you ?

Just now, shull said:

So were over 4000 others

And many more weren't but still support the Team

What's the big fecking deal about you ?

Gosh.  Who rattled your cave. Many ,like me,  were there and saw the game live.  They were able to see the whole game including off camera antics. I was merely one of those lucky people. Great to be there with over 4,000 7 Saints Supporters.

This gave us prime opportunity to observe the match and to form opinions. No idea what you are getting at to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Gosh.  Who rattled your cave. Many ,like me,  were there and saw the game live.  They were able to see the whole game including off camera antics. I was merely one of those lucky people. Great to be there with over 4,000 7 Saints Supporters.

This gave us prime opportunity to observe the match and to form opinions. No idea what you are getting at to be honest. 

No, you don't get it.

Just a rank puller.

Who cares if YOU were there ?

3 minutes ago, shull said:

No, you don't get it.

Just a rank puller.

Who cares if YOU were there ?

Rank puller.  Just an other guy who is happy to be one of the 4000 there. 

I care.  People are entitled to express opinions from what they see there and those at the ground to do the same. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Just now, shull said:

And ridicule others who weren't there.

That's pulling rank

Have I done that in this thread.  However I praise those who do attend and therefore see more of the game,  both on and off the Ball.  Opinions of both are valid but those at the match have a better chance of being right in their judgement. I'm 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Have I done that in this thread.  However I praise those who do attend and therefore see more of the game,  both on and off the Ball.  Opinions of both are valid but those at the match have a better chance of being right in their judgement. I'm 

Pathetic.

Guest TPAFKATS
Bright start to both the first and second half. Made more chances than Hamilton.
Only took one. Hamilton made three and took three courtesy of poor defending from two set pieces and an excellent strike for the third.
Sounds simple but we need to defend better and be more clinical up front. 
Accies made more than 3 chances

Guest TPAFKATS
Does nothing except run hard. He cant pass. Takes 20 touches to bring the ball under control. I know he's a tryer. But it takes more than that to be a SPL player.
He held the ball up, turned players, ran at and beat defenders and came closest to getting a 2nd goal today.
He done more in 25 minutes than hamill and jackson managed today.

4 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
6 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
See Mullan getting some stick on here. He played about 25 minutes was effective at winning the ball running at accies defence and had a great strike that hit the bar.

Does nothing except run hard. He cant pass. Takes 20 touches to bring the ball under control. I know he's a tryer. But it takes more than that to be a SPL player.

fantastic wee player who will only get better due to his work ethic and desire.

He played them at their own game-the only saints player to do so.  anyone who picks on him knows nothing about football

20 touches ffs?  Most players barely get that in a whole game

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Dismal and derogatory as usual. One of us was there. I know which of us that was. 

By the way.. Have now looked at the BBC website in response to your post. 

Saints

22 Shots.. 4 on target.  1 goal. 

Accies

7 Shots. 4 on target.  3 goals. 

Also

Saints had 53 percent possession. 

Did the majority of the work.  Hamilton were dangerous on-the-break though. 

Appears to back up my views.  Thanks for mentioning it. 

The referee also made several key decisions in their favour

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

fantastic wee player who will only get better due to his work ethic and desire.

He played them at their own game-the only saints player to do so.  anyone who picks on him knows nothing about football

20 touches ffs?  Most players barely get that in a whole game

Know exactly what you mean , especially when we were bullied into giving them the ball back at a throw after all the cheating they had done . I was disgusted by our players attitude at that.

9 hours ago, alshboy said:

Yet again our inability to deal with set pieces adds to our downfall today.  I mean Dougie Imrie  (one of the smallest players in Accies team wins a header fir 1st goal)  scores is basic football.

But the happy clappers at the end of the game continue to clap away at the players and the manager for yet another inept performance.

I was questioned by one of the happy clappers as to my question to Oran Mor at the end of the game about our inability to defend set pieces and what was being done to rectify it in training Monday to Friday (obviously sod all).

The happy clapper then told  me I was a tube (not quite what he said)  to dare to ask Oran Mor what was being done to address said set piece failures. as he was clapping the happy clappers.

So pleasing  to see the happy clappers applaud the players and manager no matter the result (even one of our closest rivals who'll be in the mix and who've taken 6 points from us so far)

Let's see how many happy clappers continue to applaud the team as the season progresses I mean we are REALLY going to sort it all out in the January transfer window as no other in the league will strengthen. God help us as for Oran Mor the jury remains firmly out, why don't any of the happy clappers open their eyes and really see what progress if any is being made at our club., maybe it's just me bur we are a bigger club than Accies, Livingston and St Johnstone  and are frankly not even  near their calibre at present which is frankly an embarrassment. But hey we have SMISA. 

Why are you calling him "Oran Mor"? I'd disagree with the guy that called you a tube, because you sound like a complete fud.

Disappointing result today. Thought we had some good spells of pressure and had more of the game than Hamilton. However, we were bullied off the ball at times by some physical play and our defence of set pieces was obviously poor. Seems clear that the defence is stronger when Ferdinand plays, so let's get him back asap.

As has been said above, I thought the goal just before half-time and the bright start to the second half gave us a real chance to get on even terms, Don't know what happened after that, but we seemed to let them back into the game.

I think it's not helpful to criticise players when it's clear that they gave 100% effort. When that's the case they deserve to be applauded at the end of the game, win, lose or draw. What's the alternative? Boo them? That's not going to improve their confidence.  We're called supporters. The clue is in the name.

It didn't help that we were on the wrong end of some inconsistent refereeing (e.g. the free kick which led to Hamilton's second goal and the decisions to issue yellow cards to some players and not to others). Not an excuse, just a statement of how I saw the game.

Can't say there was no effort form Saints yesterday simple fact is Hamilton are a better team. Will need to look up who their number 4 is was  the best player on the park. We can play football with the ball on the deck why oh why  so many high balls in the air which results in the opposition winning the ball most of the time.  Thought Cook and Mullen brought an extra edge to us when they came on. Oh well was not all bad had a magic day at the hospitality just wish I could give constructive guidance to the kitchen. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

24 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Can't say there was no effort form Saints yesterday simple fact is Hamilton are a better team. Will need to look up who their number 4 is was  the best player on the park. We can play football with the ball on the deck why oh why  so many high balls in the air which results in the opposition winning the ball most of the time.  Thought Cook and Mullen brought an extra edge to us when they came on. Oh well was not all bad had a magic day at the hospitality just wish I could give constructive guidance to the kitchen. 

Aye the food is eye wateringly over priced school dinner mince.

29 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

This is extremely worrying as Hamilton, overall (and most of their support agree) are gash week in week out.

If we can't compete, and we've lost 6-1 over 2 games, with them we are in DEEP doo doo.

We have been lacking confidence yet, when we won comfortably last week, we seemed to have no real confidence yesterday. 

One, winnable, game gone in December, another six to come. 

IMO the next 2 are the only ones I can see us getting ANY points from. 

Guest TPAFKATS
This is extremely worrying as Hamilton, overall (and most of their support agree) are gash week in week out.
If we can't compete, and we've lost 6-1 over 2 games, with them we are in DEEP doo doo.
We have been lacking confidence yet, when we won comfortably last week, we seemed to have no real confidence yesterday. 
One, winnable, game gone in December, another six to come. 
IMO the next 2 are the only ones I can see us getting ANY points from. 

We started both halfs with confidence. Conceding bad goals drained it.
We could easily finish above Hamilton at end of season despite losing to them 4 times.

12 hours ago, alshboy said:

Yet again our inability to deal with set pieces adds to our downfall today.  I mean Dougie Imrie  (one of the smallest players in Accies team wins a header fir 1st goal)  scores is basic football.

But the happy clappers at the end of the game continue to clap away at the players and the manager for yet another inept performance.

I was questioned by one of the happy clappers as to my question to Oran Mor at the end of the game about our inability to defend set pieces and what was being done to rectify it in training Monday to Friday (obviously sod all).

The happy clapper then told  me I was a tube (not quite what he said)  to dare to ask Oran Mor what was being done to address said set piece failures. as he was clapping the happy clappers.

So pleasing  to see the happy clappers applaud the players and manager no matter the result (even one of our closest rivals who'll be in the mix and who've taken 6 points from us so far)

Let's see how many happy clappers continue to applaud the team as the season progresses I mean we are REALLY going to sort it all out in the January transfer window as no other in the league will strengthen. God help us as for Oran Mor the jury remains firmly out, why don't any of the happy clappers open their eyes and really see what progress if any is being made at our club., maybe it's just me bur we are a bigger club than Accies, Livingston and St Johnstone  and are frankly not even  near their calibre at present which is frankly an embarrassment. But hey we have SMISA. 

You appear to be confusing support and club "size". Take Livvi out the equation as that is based solely on a few months this season. The other two quite correctly as you stated are smaller in support than we are. Like it or not the ability of a club to perform to a certain level is all about finance, and on that score we simply cannot compete with Fakes or Accies. We might well have bigger crowds but years of sustained top league football sees both miles ahead of us on that score. That is what we strive for, the holy grail and it's the only way we will move forward as a club. We have got to scrap for every point to try to stay in the division then try to build on that exponentially year on year. It's the same for every club our size coming up. How do we compete with those two clubs without the comparative massive increase in income years in the top league provides ? It is all about surviving then building, will we survive, who knows as we have seen in the last week the season in a nutshell, we are consistently inconsistent but we need to hang in there and see what everyone does come the transfer window. What I do think is the last thing we need is to spunk what cash we do have on paying off another manager, that would seal the relegation deal I suspect.

11 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

We started both halfs with confidence. Conceding bad goals drained it.
We could easily finish above Hamilton at end of season despite losing to them 4 times.

I would doubt "easily", and overall unlikely if we lose to them 4 times as we are not looking like beating anyone, Hearts apart.