Saint Mirren v Hamilton 1 Dec 2018

St.Ricky

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

This is extremely worrying as Hamilton, overall (and most of their support agree) are gash week in week out.

If we can't compete, and we've lost 6-1 over 2 games, with them we are in DEEP doo doo.

We have been lacking confidence yet, when we won comfortably last week, we seemed to have no real confidence yesterday. 

One, winnable, game gone in December, another six to come. 

IMO the next 2 are the only ones I can see us getting ANY points from. 

Confidence was not the problem yesterday nether was effort , for me the flanks was not used enough saying that Hamilton defended well. 

14 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Confidence was not the problem yesterday nether was effort , for me the flanks was not used enough saying that Hamilton defended well. 

The heads, IMO, went down after they scored their 3rd goal, so much so it was game over.

So what was the problem? 

The flanks not used enough..............maybe you should manage the team. 

Hamilton defended well, against a team with no teeth, they have conceded 32 goals this season, hardly a strong defensive unit. :lol:

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The heads, IMO, went down after they scored their 3rd goal, so much so it was game over.

So what was the problem? 

The flanks not used enough..............maybe you should manage the team. 

Hamilton defended well, against a team with no teeth, they have conceded 32 goals this season, hardly a strong defensive unit. :lol:

I thought we had our best spell after the red card and at 3v1 down you were struggling to know who had 10 men. Just shows again how people watching the same game see it differently

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I thought we had our best spell after the red card and at 3v1 down you were struggling to know who had 10 men. Just shows again how people watching the same game see it differently

I agree in the sense we played reasonable but we never maintained any real pressure or threat and I thought they were comfortable.

It could also be said they took the foot off the gas but I'm not always convinced about that.

Usually used as a stick. :wink:

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Can't say there was no effort form Saints yesterday simple fact is Hamilton are a better team. 

Hamilton are NOT a better team than us.They came with a game plan to sit in,frustrate us and hit us on the break.They succeded in their plan and well done to them for that but I hear they are being forced to drop the word football from their name.Well done Hamilton Academical Club.

Hamilton are NOT a better team than us.They came with a game plan to sit in,frustrate us and hit us on the break.They succeded in their plan and well done to them for that but I hear they are being forced to drop the word football from their name.Well done Hamilton Academical Club.

If they’re not better than us how come they’ve beaten us easily home and away this season and are 5 points above us in the league?

Are you saying that the difference is the way they’re managed?

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I agree but we still looked like we would struggle to score in a brothel. Also. Hamilton had the game won so that might have skewed the situation.

I said before that the Hearts' game was won by a Morganesque performance from Hammill as no one else looked like scoring. 

Cooke looks like he will bring something to the team so that's good. OK really needs to sort out defending set pieces and the midfield need to replicate what they did v Hearts. They hunted in packs and fought to win back every ball from the first to the last minute protecting our defence.

Edited by stlucifer

51 minutes ago, HSS said:

Disagree mate they certainly know how to beat us like it or not. We had more possession, more chances bottom line is their game plan has won twice. 

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Actually changed it to 

Hamilton St Mirren are so easy to beat FC 

1 hour ago, eastlandssaint said:

Difficult one to take positives from. We had chances but have no composure in front of goal. Midfield looks slow. Defence was very shaky. Big Jack looked unable to turn with the ball at his feet and kept passing back to the goalie. Erahan was getting skinned second half and our goalie was poor at cross balls. As Ok says - back to the drawing board.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Mystified at Oran's thinking?

taking P McGinn off, when it was young Erahon who was struggling! Surely giving the youngster a break, and asking P McGinn to drop back was the better call?

I would agree with this. Erahon was getting a really tough time yesterday. 

I would agree with this. Erahon was getting a really tough time yesterday. 

I feel sorry for the lad.

He’s a 17 year old central midfielder who’s playing at left back. Of course he’s struggling, he’s being hung out to dry.

I just hope that this spell doesn’t damage his confidence because he’s clearly a very talented lad who could go very far.

Would love to see him given a shot in midfield in the coming weeks, he wouldn’t do any worse than the ghosts we currently have in there.

15 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I feel sorry for the lad.

He’s a 17 year old central midfielder who’s playing at left back. Of course he’s struggling, he’s being hung out to dry.

I just hope that this spell doesn’t damage his confidence because he’s clearly a very talented lad who could go very far.

Would love to see him given a shot in midfield in the coming weeks, he wouldn’t do any worse than the ghosts we currently have in there.

It was that "ghost" who you have your pathetic agenda against that scored our only goal yesterday of course.

I honestly think you should watch a sport that you would find easier to understand.

It was that "ghost" who you have your pathetic agenda against that scored our only goal yesterday of course.

I honestly think you should watch a sport that you would find easier to understand.

So tapping in a goal in a 3-1 home defeat means the fact Darian MacKinnon bullied him all game shouldn’t get mentioned?

I wasn’t just referring to wet blanket McGinn either. Magennis, McShane and Edwards were all shite too.

Edit... taken me back off ignore I see [emoji38]

McShane, Flynn and Edwards should all be released. Too similar and too ineffective for this league.

I would suggest after yesterday’s substitution, McShane may have kicked his last ball for us.
Edwards simply isn’t good enough and should be returned to his parent club to be sent on loan to Falkirk .
Flynn probably still has a role for us, albeit not as a first pick

We started both halfs with confidence. Conceding bad goals drained it.
We could easily finish above Hamilton at end of season despite losing to them 4 times.

I hope you’re right bud, but giving Hamilton 12 points of a start on us is a lot. If we had managed to scrape a draw against them in the 2 games so far we’d be above them in the league. Games against Dundee and Accies are the proverbial 6 pointers for us. It’s hard seeing where we can grab a win at the moment, although the Hearts game last week was more than welcome. Long way to go I suppose.

Guest TPAFKATS

If they’re not better than us how come they’ve beaten us easily home and away this season and are 5 points above us in the league?

Are you saying that the difference is the way they’re managed?
I recall we beat celtic 4-0, we weren't a better football team than them over the course of that season though.

Guest TPAFKATS

I hope you’re right bud, but giving Hamilton 12 points of a start on us is a lot. If we had managed to scrape a draw against them in the 2 games so far we’d be above them in the league. Games against Dundee and Accies are the proverbial 6 pointers for us. It’s hard seeing where we can grab a win at the moment, although the Hearts game last week was more than welcome. Long way to go I suppose.
Yeah, obviously would rather have won both games but just trying to remain positive.
We are only 5 behind them. Same as we were before hearts game.