St.Ricky

Saint Mirren v Hamilton 1 Dec 2018

Ok , we were not great and probably deserved to get beat but f**k me are Hamilton eye wateringly awful to watch ?
Goalie warned about time wasting on the 9 Minute Mark, players rolling around “injured “ and Ziggy Gordon escapes a red yet again. Jackson gets two yellows , how many does Gordon get away with every f**king game ?

Hamilton are past masters at winning ugly and it showed in bucketfuls today .

Absolutely dismal performance. What does Edwards and Mullan bring to the team

As far as I can see NOTHING., Who gave McGinn MOM. He must be in the hoose all day. Defending today was piss poor. Midfielders had no energy and the forwards had no service. Magennis was no where at it today. Hope McShane was injured cos if not that is a dreadful sub. At least 5 or 6 of this first team won't be playing in Jan. Cooke done ok when he came on but by that time the game was lost

Paid my cash to St Mirren TV, GIFRUY.
So, antics and the referee to blame..................:1eye

Where did I say that? I said the antics from Hamilton was piss poor plus I said I’m not making excuses for us. The time wasting feigning injury ect was appalling.

How many more games does Kearney realistically get?

FFS! Some of you lot would change a manager every time the other team get a corner.

We need to stick with this guy, support him in the January window and see where it takes us.

Tactically, there’s very little wrong with us, we just don’t have good enough players. It’s a collective effort but Erhahon isn’t a left back at this level, Paul McGinn is not a right midfielder at this level, Ryan Edwards is not a left midfielder at this level and Danny Mullen is not a striker at this level. I could go on but the litmus test is to ask yourself how many of our players would get a game for other teams? Maybe Hammil? Maybe Magennis (although not on today’s showing)?

We need four or five starters to be added in or the playoffs are our best hope.

Just now, farmer john said:

I'm sickened yet again. Absolutely sickened.  But as this night and  next days wear on it will fade and by Wednesday I will be raring to cheer us on again against Hibs then Livvy and hopefully at least 4 points.

Well, Hibs, currently 3-0 down to Killie are on the crest of a slump so we should go there and try to do what we done to Hearts. 

33 minutes ago, John Gotti said:

As much as I dislike him, I would have McKinnon in my team. He gives Accies so much in the middle of the park. In contrast our players look naive and physically weaker.

Poor man's Scott Brown. I agree he would be good for us. Good shout.

Ok , we were not great and probably deserved to get beat but f**k me are Hamilton eye wateringly awful to watch ?
Goalie warned about time wasting on the 9 Minute Mark, players rolling around “injured “ and Ziggy Gordon escapes a red yet again. Jackson gets two yellows , how many does Gordon get away with every f**king game ?

Hamilton are past masters at winning ugly and it showed in bucketfuls today .

Best post so far, sums it up perfectly

How can the same group of players who showed such fight and determination last week be so toothless and clueless this week?  It beggars belief.

Hearts came onto us last week which suited us and allowed us to hit on the break. Accies did that to us today and were good at it with their big centre forward giving our centre backs a torrid time.

4 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Hearts came onto us last week which suited us and allowed us to hit on the break. Accies did that to us today and we’re good at it with their big centre forward giving our centre backs a torrid time.

Big centre forward showed up our young backs. Totally dominated us. Hope Anton returns soon. 

Don't get too excited guys - last week was just a blip.

Today is what it is all about - we are just not good enough for this league.

Hamilton won comfortably and deservedly because they had better players, albeit their time wasting from the first ten minutes was excruciating to watch.

It's a pity Shankland won't get the chance to play against his former team next season.

What was the attendance? 
Missed it in all the excitement.
4,300 +odds
242 accies fans

Billy Dodds on radio Scotland guessing 150 accies fans despite it being announced and on the scoreboard. Sums up the wee dick.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

4,300 +odds
242 accies fans

Billy Dodds on radio Scotland guessing 150 accies fans despite it being announced and on the scoreboard. Sums up the wee dick.

Just now, chalky1 said:

4334, something like 244 Accies fans and some C'nt from this forum watching on Saints TV

Aye, I know....................and more money wasted on Saints TV. :P

We never learn playing against that gang do we?

First of all, i’m grateful i’m not an Accies fan because they are unbelievably horrendous to watch - Dumbarton levels of bad.

Secondly, it’s about time the 12 Clubs came together and put in a formal complaint about the jobsworths that ref our games.

To top it all off not many of our players get pass marks today. McShane was no worse than Magennis or Paul McGinn (or indeed Edwards) today, so poor sub no 1.

Hammill is our one dangerman and Jackson was ineffective yet again, hence poor sub no 2.

Cooke did make a difference though and deserves another chance given his performances in the reserves too.

Having said that, despite his poor use of subs i’m not going to criticise OK as he is having to deal with a very inconsistent squad of players who have no collective street-smarts about them.

We are not any worse than these teams around us, but we are letting them play their game and stooping to their level. Time to start playing smart. 

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

See Mullan getting some stick on here. He played about 25 minutes was effective at winning the ball running at accies defence and had a great strike that hit the bar.

Some fans just have their boo boys. 

Baird and Stephen McGinn get it weekly too.

Seen Baird reacting to a shout today from W4 incidentally, no wonder.

2 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

We never learn playing against that gang do we?

First of all, i’m grateful i’m not an Accies fan because they are unbelievably horrendous to watch - Dumbarton levels of bad.

Secondly, it’s about time the 12 Clubs came together and put in a formal complaint about the jobsworths that ref our games.

To top it all off not many of our players get pass marks today. McShane was no worse than Magennis or Paul McGinn (or indeed Edwards) today, so poor sub no 1.

Hammill is our one dangerman and Jackson was ineffective yet again, hence poor sub no 2.

Cooke did make a difference though and deserves another chance given his performances in the reserves too.

Having said that, despite his poor use of subs i’m not going to criticise OK as he is having to deal with a very inconsistent squad of players who have no collective street-smarts about them.

We are not any worse than these teams around us, but we are letting them play their game and stooping to their level. Time to start playing smart. 

Yes we are.