Saint Mirren v Alloa Scottish Cup January 2019

St.Ricky

HT 0-2

Fair reflection on proceedings. 2 down and a man down to Alloa at half time. Woof.

Was fairly pessimistic going into this game, but I never thought it would be as bad as this. We have been our usual disorganised and poorly motivated selves.

Alloa deservedly went 1 up with a nice move down our left and a cut back with a tidy finish.

Lyons - Kearney’s golden boy on his debut - then gets two bookings and sent off within half an hour. Second one for diving, he over exaggerated a fairly innocuous tackle and I can see why the ref has made the call. Daft from a young boy who’s clearly got a lot to learn.

Then Alloa get the second which is another good goal and well deserved.

We have been given a fair teaching by a part time team in our own house thus far.

Hard to see how ten men come back from two down... over to you Oran.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Thing was that Lyons was having a decent showing until the red. Hit the bar with a header, linking up play well. A few sloppy moments in possession but he was definitely our creative focal point. 

I'll defend to my dying breath that the second yellow is never a f**king booking. 

Believe the ref once had a spell at St Mirren

Thing was that Lyons was having a decent showing until the red. Hit the bar with a header, linking up play well. A few sloppy moments in possession but he was definitely our creative focal point. 
I'll defend to my dying breath that the second yellow is never a f**king booking. 

That’s my take on it too. The ref got influenced by the Alloa players, especially the keeper and made a mistake. Funny how when the OF go down it’s “making the ref make a decision” but when we do it it’s a booking.

HT 0-2

Fair reflection on proceedings. 2 down and a man down to Alloa at half time. Woof.

Was fairly pessimistic going into this game, but I never thought it would be as bad as this. We have been our usual disorganised and poorly motivated selves.

Alloa deservedly went 1 up with a nice move down our left and a cut back with a tidy finish.

Lyons - Kearney’s golden boy on his debut - then gets two bookings and sent off within half an hour. Second one for diving, he over exaggerated a fairly innocuous tackle and I can see why the ref has made the call. Daft from a young boy who’s clearly got a lot to learn.

Then Alloa get the second which is another good goal and well deserved.

We have been given a fair teaching by a part time team in our own house thus far.

Hard to see how ten men come back from two down... over to you Oran.
Over to you Oran. ????? Does he read these posts then.

I didn't think it was a dive either.

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

If we cannot be up for this, at home, with the excitement that we have brought in new and better players, I would be stunned.

Yes it is the cup. Yes our team won't have played that much together yet. But Alloa are a level and a bit below us - that is the reality.

Agree that getting off to the right start is very important though. We don't just want to be up on possession etc. we want to be goals up by half time...

You stunned.