Saint Mirren v Alloa Scottish Cup January 2019

St.Ricky

1 hour ago, ged62 said:

f**king hell, well there we have it.

Lyons is body checked by the Alloa player, a clearer free kick you will never see.

What amazes me is the fannies you get on here who love an argument so much they come on and claim they saw it clearly and it was a dive :lol:

It is just such a run of the mill free kick award that I really can't understand what the ref is thinking. I don't think we can even appeal this as it is a 2nd yellow card. I accept refs make mistakes but this appeals system just sums up the complete incompetence of the SFA.

Well that was exciting, a real cup game that had everything. I must admit I worried for us before the start and at halftime thought well there you go I was right and could never see us coming back the way we were playing. Fair play to OK for changing things and the players for uping their game. Mention to Kyle for his performance when he came on and as for the sending off, well never a second yellow.

Lyons is body checked by the Alloa player, a clearer free kick you will never see.
What amazes me is the fannies you get on here who love an argument so much they come on and claim they saw it clearly and it was a dive :lol:
It is just such a run of the mill free kick award that I really can't understand what the ref is thinking. I don't think we can even appeal this as it is a 2nd yellow card. I accept refs make mistakes but this appeals system just sums up the complete incompetence of the SFA.

I thought at the time it was a free kick to us, this just proves it. Again the ref was awful for both teams so inconsistent at making decisions. Don’t think you can appeal a second yellow.

Brilliant viewing, great comeback. Cannae wait for the Draw this afternoon.
And I know my cheating dives..
Lyons didn't dive., foul to us. Referee made a mistake.

Shull the ref was dreadful, booked Jackson for complaining but waited 3 times to book their number 23 for the same thing. That’s just one example.

My only theory here is that the ref had it in the back of his mind that the first yellow should have been a red. That one was a reckless tackle from Lyons, this second is just f**king absurd though. Some no-mark ref trying to make a name for himself nearly put us out the cup and has cost us two games of Lyons fitting in to our system and preparing for that crucial Hibs game.

17 minutes ago, Kemp said:

My only theory here is that the ref had it in the back of his mind that the first yellow should have been a red. That one was a reckless tackle from Lyons, this second is just f**king absurd though. Some no-mark ref trying to make a name for himself nearly put us out the cup and has cost us two games of Lyons fitting in to our system and preparing for that crucial Hibs game.

Question. As it happened in the cup, will he miss our next cup game?

52 minutes ago, Kemp said:

The only thing I can imagine the ref was thinking was that Lyons’ “looked” for the free kick and deliberately ran into the Alloa player. I honestly can’t think of any other explanation for a bizarre decision. The contact is blatant. He certainly didn’t go down of his own accord.

The zombies appealed the red card against us from a few weeks ago and claimed mistaken identity for the second yellow. Maybe we can do the same and claim he was supposed to book the Alloa player...

What amazes me is the fannies you get on here who love an argument so much they come on and claim they saw it clearly and it was a dive [emoji38]
I think in the cases of simulation then yellow cards can be appealed and overturned.

13 hours ago, FTOF said:

If it's a blatant dive then he deserves to go.

If he goes down anticipating a tackle that doesn't happen, then there may be some mitigating circumstances.

In this day and age, playing for a foul is an action which can easily interpreted as an attempted dive.

As I said, hopefully the TV pics will show what happened and exonerate Lyons and show up Robertson as the fucking buffoon we've come to expect.

Never a dive in a million years.

Lyons simply ran into the defender. An accidental collision.

However, it has shown that Robertson is indeed an incompetent fucking buffoon.

Also, our 2nd and third goals get better and better the more that you watch them.

Cooke's awareness and sharpness for the first should be applauded too.:happyclapper

Edited by FTOF

What else could Lyons do to avoid the collision, baffling decision. That back heel and finish though, sublime. Interesting to hear McGinns comments about Kyle in the 1877 post match. Was genuinely surprised by his quality as he hadn't played with him before and acknowledged that his performance improved considerably due to Kyle's contribution. Still need a LB and at least one more attacking option.

I think we’ve been on the end of quite a few poor refereeing decisions this season, but fans of other clubs will say the same. Lyons second yellow is a disgraceful decision, especially with the lack of consistency in the rest of the game and the fact it left us with a huge disadvantage for over an hour. It was a massive call and a wrong one.
Really feel for the young lad as he was tarnished with the tag of being a cheat yesterday, which is completely unfair.
Hopefully he can pick himself back up and do a job for us this season as he looked good before that numpty sent him off.

43 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Never a dive in a million years.

Lyons simply ran into the defender. An accidental collision.

However, it has shown that Robertson is indeed an incompetent fucking buffoon.

Also, our 2nd and third goals get better and better the more that you watch them.

Cooke's awareness and sharpness for the first should be applauded too.:happyclapper

I loved Cooke’s goal for that reason. Strikers should always be chasing shots down, however harmless they look, in the off chance the keeper messes up. How many times over the years have we had static strikers who don’t chase these chances down? Cody did what every good striker should be doing, and by doing so he punished a poor goalkeeping error that nobody expected.

Kyle’s goal was some strike. Lovely backheel from McGinn, but that finish was a fitting end to a great comeback.

Thought Cooke showed up well.
Just looked again at the highlights. For their first goal, we had TWO right backs on the park and when the Alloa left wing gets the ball, neither is anywhere near him ( I know Hodson was playing right mid but with Paul McGinn nowhere to be seen you would have thought his natural instinct may have been to track back)
The absence of a RB forces Baird out wide leaving a gap in the middle for the Alloa boy to exploit.
For the second , both RBs stand an watch as the ball goes wide then is played back in,neither go toward the winger . Shades of the chuckle brothers routine , to me to you. Tansey does a lovely little two-step to avoid getting near the scorer [emoji57] but what a cracking finish .

The sending off ? Never in a month of Sundays . I didn’t see it real time at the game but at worst it was a wave on , get up and play.

I loved Cooke’s goal for that reason. Strikers should always be chasing shots down, however harmless they look, in the off chance the keeper messes up. How many times over the years have we had static strikers who don’t chase these chances down? Cody did what every good striker should be doing, and by doing so he punished a poor goalkeeping error that nobody expected.
Kyle’s goal was some strike. Lovely backheel from McGinn, but that finish was a fitting end to a great comeback.
And Jackson was following up Kyle's shot too, on case the keeper parried it or it came back off the post.

3 hours ago, ged62 said:

Only thing pathetic is your comment but then again that’s not surprising.

Are you seriously suggesting that when Lyons throws himself up into the air, thats not a deliberate attempt to deceive the ref?

c'mon the boy f**ked up, least he can do is man up and own it. 

Is he flat sharing with Danny Mullen per chance?

Edited by Lord Pityme