Saint Mirren v Alloa Scottish Cup January 2019

St.Ricky

The place will be two thirds empty . You’ll be able to sit just about anywhere. I’m a season ticket holder but I just Don’t get this obsession with having the same seat and moaning if someone else sits there at a cup tie .
Season tickets should be issued for a stand , get there early and grab a good seat .

55 minutes ago, FTOF said:

You can buy any seat currently. Even season ticket holders who haven't yet purchased.

This is going to be fun!

That makes the deadline pretty pointless. Managed to purchase mine there after about 20min- the Mrs seat was there and then disappeared. Interstadia has a mind of it's own.

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

The place will be two thirds empty . You’ll be able to sit just about anywhere. I’m a season ticket holder but I just Don’t get this obsession with having the same seat and moaning if someone else sits there at a cup tie .
Season tickets should be issued for a stand , get there early and grab a good seat .

CG.  I also like that approach. Unallocated seating in a stand of my choice would be fine. 

Would also make it easier for friends to come along and sit together. 

Might also result in people turning up earlier and spending more money in the ground. 

I  agree that there should be a first come, first served for cup ties but I think too many of us are accustomed to the luxury  of knowing we have our favoured seats. I know of some who buy the ST in the knowledge they won't get to all the home games. As for the notion that somehow it would benefit the club? That's just p!sh. Few would decide to spend money on a program just because they were in the stadium early.

10 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I  agree that there should be a first come, first served for cup ties but I think too many of us are accustomed to the luxury  of knowing we have our favoured seats. I know of some who buy the ST in the knowledge they won't get to all the home games. As for the notion that somehow it would benefit the club? That's just p!sh. Few would decide to spend money on a program just because they were in the stadium early.

Who mentioned a programme?  Look to the future,  not the past. Traditionally,  Scottish Fans arrive just in time for kick off.  Buying more food,  drinks etc would increase the price the club could charge for the food concessions etc.  At least one of our group maintains two homes,  one in England and the other in Scotland and knows he won't make every game. What he wants is to know that there is a space for him in the WestStand for games of his choosing. Additionally 3 People who might have come to our last home game didn't because there was no certainty that they could sit with the rest of our group. Unallocated seating would sort that out.  

They would also have  visited the 1877 Club as guests and added to income for the club.  

15 minutes ago, shull said:

And all that extra income would be given to the Manager to be fecking wastit on shite players. :byebye

Just like most Seasons.

As in any business,  including yours,  it can be invested in order to improve the customer experience. 

24 minutes ago, shull said:

Football doesnt have customers.

If it did , the stadiums would be empty with the prices being charged.

Football is all about love and addiction.

I am a customer.  I am a Supporter.  I am a fan. I pay.. Therefore I expect certain standards inreturn. 

I make discretionary purchases of upsellibg by the club e..g.  parking and membership of the 1877 club. 

You,  or any other fan can decide to observe from afar for free or to support the club financially in one of the many ways now open to them. 

Whether you do or don't is dictated by your own wisjhes and,  like the rest of us,  by our financial circumstances. 

Whatever... I will be at the cup match with Allow... A potential banana skin. 

Edited by St.Ricky

14 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I prefer to get to the ground as near kick-off as possible, especially in winter. The principal of buying a season ticket is to give the club money up front to use at the start of the season and as an incentive your seat is reserved for you. I would not change that.

5 hours ago, buddiecat said:

I prefer to get to the ground as near kick-off as possible, especially in winter. The principal of buying a season ticket is to give the club money up front to use at the start of the season and as an incentive your seat is reserved for you. I would not change that.

I do the same and now buy parking and 1877 Club Membership.  Nice little package.  Would like to see this further developed. 

But

Also like the idea of being able to bring others to games and being able to sit with them. 

Unallocated season tickets for part of the ground would allow that to happen. 

Back to the Alloa game. 

I'm tempted not to book our usual seats to enable others to come with us and sit together. 

59 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Alloa are playing well, expect this to be close whatever the outcome.

Agreed LPM and this might happen half way through our changes in January. 

Watched Allow yesterday and may go to Alloa to watch them again next Saturday. 

Hard working,  organised.  Bit vulnerable down the left.  

Decent goalscorer in Trouton.