Health Con. .

saintnextlifetime

Omega 3 fats reduce cardiac death risk

A recent study published in the  Journal of Clinical Lipidology has shown that omega 3 fatty acids can, and do, help reduce the risk of heart disease and cardiac death. Specifically, the compounds EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) were linked to an overall eight percent reduction in risk.

This may not sound like a lot, but consider the fact that statin drugs — which are widely promoted as a “cure all” for heart disease — only reduce the absolute risk of heart attack by a dismal one percent.

Cardiac death represents nearly two-thirds of all cardiovascular deaths in the United States, claiming the lives over over 405,000 people each year. Eight percent of that number is 32,400. That’s 32,400 lives that could potentially be saved, just with adequate nutrition.

4 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Omega 3 fats reduce cardiac death risk

A recent study published in the  Journal of Clinical Lipidology has shown that omega 3 fatty acids can, and do, help reduce the risk of heart disease and cardiac death. Specifically, the compounds EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) were linked to an overall eight percent reduction in risk.

This may not sound like a lot, but consider the fact that statin drugs — which are widely promoted as a “cure all” for heart disease — only reduce the absolute risk of heart attack by a dismal one percent.

Cardiac death represents nearly two-thirds of all cardiovascular deaths in the United States, claiming the lives over over 405,000 people each year. Eight percent of that number is 32,400. That’s 32,400 lives that could potentially be saved, just with adequate nutrition.

That bit in bold from your post? Given your stance on research funded by Pharma companies, for a bit of balance I've found the article you quote here and I insert the acknowledgement section from that article below in quotes:-

The meta-analysis was funded by the Global Organization for EPA and DHA Omega-3s (GOED),

I can't imagine why you felt the need to skip that bit...... :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That bit in bold from your post? Given your stance on research funded by Pharma companies, for a bit of balance I've found the article you quote here and I insert the acknowledgement section from that article below in quotes:-

I can't imagine why you felt the need to skip that bit...... :lol:

Perhaps, as this was a fresh topic - attempting to enlighten Buddies about the desirability of absorbing Omega-3, instead of being on statins for life - he chose to focus on the topic that he chose to initiate?

...and didn't set out to be petty, off-topic, point-scoring, divisive and generally forum-f**king?

4 hours ago, antrin said:

Perhaps, as this was a fresh topic - attempting to enlighten Buddies about the desirability of absorbing Omega-3, instead of being on statins for life - he chose to focus on the topic that he chose to initiate?

...and didn't set out to be petty, off-topic, point-scoring, divisive and generally forum-f**king?

Snake knows exactly what I am getting at from historical posts he has made. Best not to get involved unless you know the facts bluto. You just make yourself look stupid.

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

Where do snakes come into this?

I've read nothing in this topic, so far, about venomous beasties.  So, why would 'bluto' be looking stupid?

Is this just even more"petty, off-topic, point-scoring, divisive and generally forum-f**king"?

Use the ignore function on my posts or skim past.

Your choice.

Wow!  Not only do you emulate  the plane-spotting cabbie and his skidmark's practice in posting - but you're using the same shite patter.

Off topic and petty.  And huffy when challenged on it!

You should get out more,  seek better company... though I note you're proud to be running 4th to their No1 and No2 (in the meritricious posting stakes!)

Wow, just wow...

Edited by antrin
SP

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Wow!  Not only do you emulate  the plane-spotting cabbie and his skidmark's practice in posting - but you're using the same shite patter.

Off topic and petty.  And huffy when challenged on it!

You should get out more,  seek better company... though I note you're proud to be running 4th to their No1 and No2 (in the meritricious postng stakes!)

Wow, just wow...

Sigh! I'll bite. You get one chance here so read this properly.

The entire joke about the OP is that he is posting this stuff specifically because he is warning of the evil conspiracy of published drugs science which is funded by pharma companies.

Now he is posting conspiracy theory guff mixed in with some published science but hasn't realised that the "alternative" stuff he is posting in response is funded by those who seek to gain from the results.

It's an in-joke.

Which you are not party to clearly.

Now you are up to speed.

Now can we move on?

Sheesh!

9 hours ago, antrin said:

I suspect the mad professor has never had an original thought this lifetime , sad really. .best ignored