Hibernian v St Mirren 5 Dec 18

St.Ricky

Only 7 days away. Great game against Hibs earlier this season saw us lose by one goal. Looking forward to the match. Nice Italian meal in Edinburgh then on to the match. A win would be great. A draw would be acceptable. 

I wonder if Saints are looking at the Away Season Tickets scheme introduced by Hibs? Taking up Shull's mantle, this might reduce costs and would make obtaining a ticket simpler.

I would like the Hibs Away Season Ticket Scheme explained to me. 

I am only guessing it's a way guaranteeing an away ticket when in some instances they are in short supply. 

I doubt, for instance, that we would give Hibs fans or any other, a discount on the price of a ticket. 

Our away support can fit comfortably into all away grounds so we don't need an away Season Ticket. 

Mind, I am just guessing. 

I may, for once, be wrong. 

27 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Link (July 2016) Official Hibs site

Hopefully that helps towards understanding their Away Season Ticket scheme.

Here! I'm with Shurlly on this one. You would need to commit to EVERY away game in all competitions. I don't mind the Home S.T. and don't mind missing the odd game having paid up front but Feck giving the likes of the rangers and cellic, never mind the rest, an fn penny when I'm not sure I could attend. Only an idiot would take that up.

Ain't that right stricky?

53 minutes ago, shull said:

Thanks. 

Away fans still getting severely ripped off. 

We don't need that sort of scheme unless we are in lower leagues and very small capacities. 

In fairness Shull you don't need any kind of away ticket, never mind a season ticket.

I don't think this product is directed at you or affects you in any way. Perhaps let the intended targets fight their own battles.

You are busy enough fighting the good fight on the home ticket prices.

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Here! I'm with Shurlly on this one. You would need to commit to EVERY away game in all competitions. I don't mind the Home S.T. and don't mind missing the odd game having paid up front but Feck giving the likes of the rangers and cellic, never mind the rest, an fn penny when I'm not sure I could attend. Only an idiot would take that up.

Ain't that right stricky?

I think the people you refer to as idiots might be fellow St Mirren Fans. As for the rest, you clearly haven't read the info. 

For Shull.  I'd like to think that Football Fan Groups could work achieving discounts in time. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I think the people you refer to as idiots might be fellow St Mirren Fans. As for the rest, you clearly haven't read the info. 

For Shull.  I'd like to think that Football Fan Groups could work achieving discounts in time. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

In signing up for the away season ticket, the supporter is committing to purchasing tickets to every away match when they become available.

The supporter would register card details with Ticketmaster through the Hibernian Ticket Office. The card would then be debited automatically every time an away match goes on sale.

No. Just one.

Edited by stlucifer

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

In signing up for the away season ticket, the supporter is committing to purchasing tickets to every away match when they become available.

The supporter would register card details with Ticketmaster through the Hibernian Ticket Office. The card would then be debited automatically every time an away match goes on sale.

No. Just one.

I like it. Would save me time.  I attend all games, home and away. 

I'd still like to see savings in the prices charged,  Just as we have for home games if one buys a season ticket. 

I'd also like to see improved credit facilities to enable people to spread the cost. 

36 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I like it. Would save me time.  I attend all games, home and away. 

I'd still like to see savings in the prices charged,  Just as we have for home games if one buys a season ticket. 

I'd also like to see improved credit facilities to enable people to spread the cost. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No. Just one.

Need I say more?

Edited by stlucifer

No. Just one

19 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Need I say more?

A number of fans attend games home and away on a regular basis and this might suit them. It would suit me. But...As I said..I'd like to see this develop further and be tied in to reduced prices for season tickets both home and away plus Credit Facilities being made available for those who wish to use them to spread the cost.

Meanwhile I will be phoning our ticket office to get tickets for our group for both the Hibs and Livingston away games and pick them up on Saturday.

A repeat of that memorable match at Easter Road at the end of the season before last would be good. A win would be fantastic. Great stadium. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Just now, St.Ricky said:

As a starting 

Exactly. A number of fans attend games home and away on a regular basis and this might suit them. It would suit me. But...As I said..I'd like to see this develop further and be tied in to reduced prices for season tickets both home and away plus credit. Facilities being made available for those who wish to use them to spread the cost.

Meanwhile I will be phoning our ticket office to get tickets for our group for both the Hibs and Livingston away games and pick them up on Saturday.

A repeat of that memorable match at Easter Road at the end of the season before last would be good. A win would be fantastic. Great stadium. 

And what club in their right mind would discount prices for away supporters? Or perhaps you would like our club to subsidise the other teams ticket prices?

Like I said.... Need I say more?

Just now, stlucifer said:

And what club in their right mind would discount prices for away supporters? Or perhaps you would like our club to subsidise the other teams ticket prices?

Like I said.... Need I say more?

You are so old fashioned. We are entering a new age.  Get with it. The way forward is season ticket sales. As these grow it will become more difficult to obtain match tickets.  Clubs will increasingly cooperate on deals which bring in money in advance. That's good business practice. From your responses it looks like you tend to look to the past for lessons on the future. That's not always instructive when it comes to innovation. But hey. Go for it. Meanwhile. .see you at the Hibs and Livingston games I feel sure.

Looking forward to this match. Nice Italian Meal in Edinburgh before the match.  

Just now, St.Ricky said:

You are so old fashioned. We are entering a new age.  Get with it. The way forward is season ticket sales. As these grow it will become more difficult to obtain match tickets.  Clubs will increasingly cooperate on deals which bring in money in advance. That's good business practice. From your responses it looks like you tend to look to the past for lessons on the future. That's not always instructive when it comes to innovation. But hey. Go for it. Meanwhile. .see you at the Hibs and Livingston games I feel sure.

Looking forward to this match. Nice Italian Meal in Edinburgh before the match.  

You're having a nightmare, even by your low standards.

Your looking so far OVER cloud cuckoo land you can see Oz!

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

You're having a nightmare, even by your low standards.

Your looking so far OVER cloud cuckoo land you can see Oz!

But he goes to every game, he pays for the stupid members club, pays for parking, donates to good causes.........................so he's told us a thousand times. 

Still a fool right enough. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

But he goes to every game, he pays for the stupid members club, pays for parking, donates to good causes.........................so he's told us a thousand times. 

Another like so you can get your wee cozy threesome dinner.

Don't  send me the transcript. I'll wait for the movie. (it'll be in the fiction/fantasy section I presume)

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Sad little man.  I'll happily fess up to being a member of 1877. Being a season ticket holder and paying for parking.  Nice little package at reasonable cost IMO

As for donating to good causes... Also happy to fess up. 

As for being a fool.. You must be looking at yourself in the mirror.