Hibernian v St Mirren 5 Dec 18

St.Ricky

36 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

But would you reduce your prices and your costs i.e. would you accept earning less from your taxi to be fair to your punters by giving them a better deal? Maybe make up the difference by getting a second job?

If the answer to that question is no, then why would you expect football clubs to do so?

I ask this question in spite of the inherent risk of unjustifiably being called a thick cnut.  

And absolutely no risk of you being abused as you made a post without being abusive, smug and condescending like the thick cnut this morning. 

Your post was still pants though. :)

3 hours ago, shull said:

Well seeing who agreed and liked your post. 

Just to clarify before I go. 

Not once have I said Clubs should reduce prices without reducing costs first. I have said all Clubs should reduce prices after a 3 year window where in that time they can adjust budgets to suit. 

For the same reason I wouldn't reduce my prices while my expenses are the same. 

It has been explained many times so you and IOBS can sod off. 

Thickos 

Shull. You still advocate a drop in standards as that is the inevitable outcome. This has been pointed out by a number of posters.

That's not something I would support.  Having different opinions is a strength of the forum.  " Groupthink" is not. 

Happy to be different.  Still no need to be offensive. 

1 hour ago, munoz said:

Not too bad a record against the Hibs in recent history.  Definitely better than our record against Hamilton. 

Correct.  Also a much better playing surface at Easter Road.  I wouldn't say I feel confident but I do expect a competitive game. 

No point in having bought a ticket without feeling that way. 

So who do you think will lead the forward line ?  Mullen or Cook ? I would give Cook the nod he has height and can be phisical especially if Hammill is putting in crosses along with Paul McGinn. We still lack a Goodwin Murray type player in the middle.  Hibs are not on a great run at the moment so it's possible to come away with something.  

So who do you think will lead the forward line ?  Mullen or Cook ? I would give Cook the nod he has height and can be phisical especially if Hammill is putting in crosses along with Paul McGinn. We still lack a Goodwin Murray type player in the middle.  Hibs are not on a great run at the moment so it's possible to come away with something.  

Cook is now injured

30 minutes ago, Langbank said:

Was holding hamstring area and limping a bit towards end of game on Saturday.

He went to chase a ball near the halfway line, slipped and seemed to injure his leg.

Really shite luck for him. I thought he looked decent when he came on as a sub on Saturday.

Edited by FTOF

34 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

Same starting 11 as Saturday but to play as they did against the other mob from reaky.

Jackson is suspended then I would bring Danny Mullen on from the start. He was buzzing when he came on. Ferdinand in? 

David Gray out for Hibs

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-v-st-mirren-squad-15506282

Edited by St.Ricky

34 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Take a point or anything really from this one after a dismal Saturday.

As much as there are similarities between this game and the recent Hearts game the big difference is we're away from home.

A point right now, doubt we can get the win as our away form, along with results, has been honking. 

Edited by faraway saint

8 hours ago, shull said:

My customers are not getting ripped off. Our prices are fair. 

Using the inflation indicator, our fares are where they should be compared to when I startit in 1987.

As for football admission prices. :lol:

Really no need to answer the above post. He summed it up perfectly. 

OK. Let me ask you a question. I genuinely don’t know the answer to this question, so I could be giving you a perfect opportunity to prove your point.

In 1986, a taxi from my burds hoose in Foxbar Crescent, to my hoose in Blythswood Drive cost me exactly £1. How much would that fare cost me know?

Now, unfortunately the strength of my argument takes another hit here coz for the life of me I cannae remember how much it cost to get into the fitba in 1986, but surely it couldnae have been less than £5? I’m thinking therefore that the cost of getting into the fitba has increased about fourfold over that time. On that basis, for your argument to stack up on a like for like basis, that taxi needs to be less than £4 now. Maybe it is. Ive no idea.

Reveal all Shullster. 

5 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

OK. Let me ask you a question. I genuinely don’t know the answer to this question, so I could be giving you a perfect opportunity to prove your point.

In 1986, a taxi from my burds hoose in Foxbar Crescent, to my hoose in Blythswood Drive cost me exactly £1. How much would that fare cost me know?

Now, unfortunately the strength of my argument takes another hit here coz for the life of me I cannae remember how much it cost to get into the fitba in 1986, but surely it couldnae have been less than £5? I’m thinking therefore that the cost of getting into the fitba has increased about fourfold over that time. On that basis, for your argument to stack up on a like for like basis, that taxi needs to be less than £4 now. Maybe it is. Ive no idea.

Reveal all Shullster. 

The cost of taxis seems to be rapidly increasing every time I visit Paisley. Used to be able to get to the airport with change out of a fiver, now it's over a tenner.

Scottish football, on the other hand, is reasonably priced: http://www.scottishsupporters.net/research/price-of-football-in-scotland/

Back on topic, Hibs have been on a very poor run of form. That usually means we give them the gift a return to form. I'll be optimistic though and go for Danny Mullen to take his chance and a 2-1 win for the Saints.

35 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

The thought of Danny diver leading our line is enough for me to contemplate giving this game a miss. The first in a long time!

The thought of "fans" like you not being here has me contemplating going!