Hibernian v St Mirren 5 Dec 18

St.Ricky

7 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

OK. Let me ask you a question. I genuinely don’t know the answer to this question, so I could be giving you a perfect opportunity to prove your point.

In 1986, a taxi from my burds hoose in Foxbar Crescent, to my hoose in Blythswood Drive cost me exactly £1. How much would that fare cost me know?

Now, unfortunately the strength of my argument takes another hit here coz for the life of me I cannae remember how much it cost to get into the fitba in 1986, but surely it couldnae have been less than £5? I’m thinking therefore that the cost of getting into the fitba has increased about fourfold over that time. On that basis, for your argument to stack up on a like for like basis, that taxi needs to be less than £4 now. Maybe it is. Ive no idea.

Reveal all Shullster. 

1987 - Taxi up to one mile   £0.80

2018 -  Taxi up to one mile   £3.50

1987   - Gate price  -  £2.50 

2018  -  Gate price   - £22

Inflation Indicator 1987 to 2018 gives

Taxi  £2.80 today

Football £8.20 today

Right. Let’s get the fitba heid back on. Saturday was a big disappointment. Despite free drink all day and Rather good company the mood was somewhat dulled by another inept Saints performance and despite my normal positive outlook in life, that wee voice in my head was telling me “WE’RE GOING DOWN”

It would appear the players in our team are simply not good enough for this league. Things are so bad we’re screaming for a young boy, who was mince in his first couple of games, to come back because he’s too big to audition for snow white and the seven dwarfs. Today I finally build up the interest to check on tonight’s match and find he’s injured, and we’re stuck with the midgets up front again. Someone pass the poison apple I can’t take being a Buddie any more.

All around me on Saturday, Alan Stubbs, the Ball boys, Dougie Imrie, the referee, etc got the blame for our defeat but the truth was, we were shite. End of. Too naive, too wee and out our depth.

I go tonight with little hope and no expectation of anything other than a heavy defeat and a shit load of Texts from my Hibbee mates telling me how shite we are.

But in my mind, there is just a little whisper of hope that being a Bud is a funny old game and we pumped Hearts so let’s go for the Edinburgh double.

Plus, it’s a three O’clock start for me and my Buds in Edinburgh.

To those of us still in the fight. See you there tonight.

SMTID

Time to go 5-3-2 or 3-5-2. To counter the fact we have no wide players and are pretty awful at the back and in the middle.

Gives our front men the support the midfield hasn't given them this season.

Hibs are on a poor run, so we need to be stuffy and frustrate them as long as possible.

Unfortunately I can't see us doing anything of note, but it'd be nice to see us actually look like we could grind a result if we got a few breaks of the ball.

2 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Right. Let’s get the fitba heid back on. Saturday was a big disappointment. Despite free drink all day and Rather good company the mood was somewhat dulled by another inept Saints performance and despite my normal positive outlook in life, that wee voice in my head was telling me “WE’RE GOING DOWN”

It would appear the players in our team are simply not good enough for this league. Things are so bad we’re screaming for a young boy, who was mince in his first couple of games, to come back because he’s too big to audition for snow white and the seven dwarfs. Today I finally build up the interest to check on tonight’s match and find he’s injured, and we’re stuck with the midgets up front again. Someone pass the poison apple I can’t take being a Buddie any more.

All around me on Saturday, Alan Stubbs, the Ball boys, Dougie Imrie, the referee, etc got the blame for our defeat but the truth was, we were shite. End of. Too naive, too wee and out our depth.

I go tonight with little hope and no expectation of anything other than a heavy defeat and a shit load of Texts from my Hibbee mates telling me how shite we are.

But in my mind, there is just a little whisper of hope that being a Bud is a funny old game and we pumped Hearts so let’s go for the Edinburgh double.

Plus, it’s a three O’clock start for me and my Buds in Edinburgh.

To those of us still in the fight. See you there tonight.

SMTID

Naive,  maybe.  Out our depth ,  no. 

We had 22 efforts on goal on Sat to their  4. 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

Naive,  maybe.  Out our depth ,  no. 

We had 22 efforts on goal on Sat to their  4. 

Apart from Mullen's none of them looked like going anywhere near the goal. They had four good chances and scored 3. 

I hope you're right but I just don't see it on the Park.

19 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Apart from Mullen's none of them looked like going anywhere near the goal. They had four good chances and scored 3. 

I thought, despite us looking comfortable with 10 men, we never really looked like scoring.

Not denying the effort but quite simply not good enough.

We need to remember we were playing Hamilton, worst defence in the league along with Dundee. 

Even at this stage it's looking like a fight between the bottom 3 for the relegation and play off spot.

PS I hasten to add this was my view on SMTV, I didn't see players running about out of shot. :wink:

Edited by faraway saint

15 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

The 4 we had on target went near the goal...

Agree we were naive to an extent, but it was our inability to defend set pieces which dictated our fate on Saturday. Had we been able to defend the two properly in the first half, we would have given ourselves a much better chance of picking up at least a point. We had improved this in the weeks before Saturday's game, but Saturday's demise signals that Ferdinand is indeed needed back in the starting lineup to organise us again. Improve the defending of set pieces and we can be competitve tonight. Hibs recent form has been worse even than ours and Dundee's, but they will fancy their chances against us obviously. Would be nice to complete a Capital double. Time will tell.

4 minutes ago, elvis said:

Yes and most of them hit the corner flags. 

Factually 4 were on target. Would rather that had been 22 on target of course with 4 going in. The basic point is right though that you and East are putting forward which is that we need to be more clinical in attack.  Equally Munoz has a point that better defending was needed. Together this could be summed up as improve in attack and defence. I hope we do but I would also like to see midfield tracking back with runners from the opposition. Keatings goal was excellent but no one had tracked back to cover him.

Problems!

as anyone watching us can see we've had problems in defence all season, only slightly mitigated by big Anton giving us at least one anchor to try and help us see out the storms.

we have had problems in midfield, primarily fecking gifting the ball back to the opposition, or making poor choices in defensive situations that see our back line breached with ease. Add to that there have been so many changes in personnel, formation and tactics that not even the players on the park seem to know what they should collectively be trying to achieve.

we started with real problems up front, and Mullen selling advertising space on the soles of his boots epitomised that. Jackson and Hammill lifted us, and latterly Cooke now seems like a shrewd investment. Unfortunately two of them are out, and the third cant Finish a game. Our biggest problem up front is the fact we have managed to score a humongous THREE goals away from home in the league so far.

even with the sheer blind optimism of a die hard fan its nigh on impossible to see where we can pull an away win from when we cant score the necessary one more than the opposition, or indeed at least finish the game with the point we started it with. The next four days are going to hurt I fear, and consign us to, at best a play off against Dundee Utd! Imagine the pain losing that one.

It's foolish to look at stats like shots taken and on target in isolation. It doesn't take into account where the shot came from, or placement etc.

Apart from McGinns goal none of the attempts would be described as clear chances. Other than Mullen hitting the bar, we failed to test their keeper.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Problems!

as anyone watching us can see we've had problems in defence all season, only slightly mitigated by big Anton giving us at least one anchor to try and help us see out the storms.

we have had problems in midfield, primarily fecking gifting the ball back to the opposition, or making poor choices in defensive situations that see our back line breached with ease. Add to that there have been so many changes in personnel, formation and tactics that not even the players on the park seem to know what they should collectively be trying to achieve.

we started with real problems up front, and Mullen selling advertising space on the soles of his boots epitomised that. Jackson and Hammill lifted us, and latterly Cooke now seems like a shrewd investment. Unfortunately two of them are out, and the third cant Finish a game. Our biggest problem up front is the fact we have managed to score a humongous THREE goals away from home in the league so far.

even with the sheer blind optimism of a die hard fan its nigh on impossible to see where we can pull an away win from when we cant score the necessary one more than the opposition, or indeed at least finish the game with the point we started it with. The next four days are going to hurt I fear, and consign us to, at best a play off against Dundee Utd! Imagine the pain losing that one.

It's ok, their manager is a diddy. :lol

2 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:

It's foolish to look at stats like shots taken and on target in isolation. It doesn't take into account where the shot came from, or placement etc.

Apart from McGinns goal none of the attempts would be described as clear chances. Other than Mullen hitting the bar, we failed to test their keeper.

Difficult to argue with this. 

Maybe tonight?

Edited by St.Ricky

Cant see anything but a complete drubbing. Forget us, Hibs are 8th and Lennon will be reading riot act. They were dreadful v Killie. On the plus side Jackson isnt playing and we will be forced to change a different format away from home. Cooke upfront............ This is a team that destroyed Accies and Accies are far better than we are, at present

5-0 Hibs

Edited by DougJamie

50 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Problems!

Fecking spot on LPM. I love wee Danny's commitment and effort but I do wish he'd devote more energy to staying on his feet and chasing Goals instead of Fouls.

Danny Mullens boot soles sponsored by BAFTA

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Cant see anything but a complete drubbing. Forget us, Hibs are 8th and Lennon will be reading riot act. They were dreadful v Killie. On the plus side Jackson isnt playing and we will be forced to change a different format away from home. Cooke upfront............ This is a team that destroyed Accies and Accies are far better than we are, at present

5-0 Hibs

Cooke's injured.

16 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

5-0 Hibs

You may be right about the drubbing, but since putting 6 past Hamilton on 6th October, Hibs have gone a day short of 2 months without a win,  letting a 2 goal lead slip at home to Dundee, and slumped to a 3-0 defeat to Killie on Saturday. They also failed to score against a Hearts team that we cruised past 10 days ago.

There are many ways to look at games - I try at least to look on the positive side.