Hibernian v St Mirren 5 Dec 18

St.Ricky

4 minutes ago, Soctty said:

You may be right about the drubbing, but since putting 6 past Hamilton on 6th October, Hibs have gone a day short of 2 months without a win,  letting a 2 goal lead slip at home to Dundee, and slumped to a 3-0 defeat to Killie on Saturday. They also failed to score against a Hearts team that we cruised past 10 days ago.

There are many ways to look at games - I try at least to look on the positive side. 

Hibs are on a serious bad run of form and, like Hearts, can't buy a win.

If we were at home I'd be more confident, I did think we'd get a draw against Hearts, but away from home we are fodder.

Played 6, won 0, lost 5 drawn 1, scored 3 conceded 16

Miracles do happen, let's hope one happens tonight. 

23 minutes ago, Soctty said:

You may be right about the drubbing, but since putting 6 past Hamilton on 6th October, Hibs have gone a day short of 2 months without a win,  letting a 2 goal lead slip at home to Dundee, and slumped to a 3-0 defeat to Killie on Saturday. They also failed to score against a Hearts team that we cruised past 10 days ago.

There are many ways to look at games - I try at least to look on the positive side. 

As do I, I said Hearts would gub us, so allow me my tactics :wink:

18 hours ago, FTOF said:

He went to chase a ball near the halfway line, slipped and seemed to injure his leg.

Really shite luck for him. I thought he looked decent when he came on as a sub on Saturday.

I thought that also, although there were a couple of morons near me, who had a go almost every time he touched the ball. I think they were expecting him to inspire us to a 4 -3 win.

Really do despair about some of the total arseholes in our support.

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Hibs are on a serious bad run of form and, like Hearts, can't buy a win.

If we were at home I'd be more confident, I did think we'd get a draw against Hearts, but away from home we are fodder.

Played 6, won 0, lost 5 drawn 1, scored 3 conceded 16

Miracles do happen, let's hope one happens tonight. 

It will be tought tonight, and tougher still if we continue our set piece defending from Saturday. Hammill has proved he is capable of producing something from nothing, but has been inconsistent. Hopefully he can perform tonight. 

Our away form has been very poor, with the point in Dundee our only away point this season. However, Hibs have already proved vulnerable against Dundee, even after taking a two goal lead, so perhaps mentally they are fragile. We're not particularly strong in that area either, so maybe it's a battle of nerves to some extent. Time will tell.

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Problems!

as anyone watching us can see we've had problems in defence all season, only slightly mitigated by big Anton giving us at least one anchor to try and help us see out the storms.

we have had problems in midfield, primarily fecking gifting the ball back to the opposition, or making poor choices in defensive situations that see our back line breached with ease. Add to that there have been so many changes in personnel, formation and tactics that not even the players on the park seem to know what they should collectively be trying to achieve.

we started with real problems up front, and Mullen selling advertising space on the soles of his boots epitomised that. Jackson and Hammill lifted us, and latterly Cooke now seems like a shrewd investment. Unfortunately two of them are out, and the third cant Finish a game. Our biggest problem up front is the fact we have managed to score a humongous THREE goals away from home in the league so far.

even with the sheer blind optimism of a die hard fan its nigh on impossible to see where we can pull an away win from when we cant score the necessary one more than the opposition, or indeed at least finish the game with the point we started it with. The next four days are going to hurt I fear, and consign us to, at best a play off against Dundee Utd! Imagine the pain losing that one.

What you going to say after we take the 3 points tonight?

All our players can play a bit, but yes, better players are more consistent, and formations and teammates have been chopped and changed loads. 

All the important stuff is what makes a good team - defending  as a unit better, midfield supporting defence and attack and pitching in with goals. Strikers peeling away from markers and finishing well with confidence because they are getting the service.

There is no doubt we clicked better against Hearts, but Hamilton, for all their weaknesses, tactically outfought us and walked away with a flattering 3  v 1 win.  Hodson got out jumped for the 1st, P McGinn at fault and the defensive line for the 2nd and no marking for the 3rd. So tonight, despite it being  away from home, we need to click... this is a real chance to put a further 2 or 3 points breathing space between us and Dung-dee.

I said it before the Hearts game, St. Mirren always have a habit of losing to teams nearby and picking up points from teams where it is less expected - it is frustrating but We ought to be really up for this and Hibs are players missing too.

I feel a crazy 3 v 0 away win coming on.. faraway what are the odds (The bookies ones please) PS don't put your money on it though, it might be 4 v 1

Edited by Sweeper07
added in as

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

What you going to say after we take the 3 points tonight?

All our players can play a bit, but yes, better players are more consistent, and formations and teammates have been chopped and changed loads. 

All the important stuff is what makes a good team - defending  a unit better, midfield supporting defence and attack and pitching in with goals. Strikers peeling away from markers and finishing well with confidence because they are getting the service.

There is no doubt we clicked better against Hearts, but Hamilton, for all their weaknesses, tactically outfought us and walked away with a flattering 3  v 1 win.  Hodson got out jumped for the 1st, P McGinn at fault and the defensive line for the 2nd and no marking for the 3rd. So tonight, despite it being  away from home, we need to click... this is a real chance to put a further 2 or 3 points breathing space between us and Dung-dee.

I said it before the Hearts game, St. Mirren always have a habit of losing to teams nearby and picking up points from teams where it is less expected - it is frustrating but We ought to be really up for this and Hibs are players missing too.

I feel a crazy 3 v 0 away win coming on.. faraway what are the odds (The bookies ones please) PS don't put your money on it though, it might be 4 v 1

In answer to line one I'll say "ya dancer" especially if Alfie Jones finds the net. I hope to be wrong, but with our best outlets sidelined i fear we will struggle to create time to get out of our half, neber mind pressure our opponents. But it is a funny old game!

33 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

St Mirren are 7/1 just to WIN.

For 0-3 you get 100/1

PS Ok, I'll no put my money on it, thanks. :P

We beat them 2-1 in Diddy Cup there 2 years back, 1-1 Final League game 2 years ago and Ton beat them 3-0 there 2 years ago.............

My point is eh ....................... we are now shite :P

Has to be 5-3-2 and play on the counter for me. 
Ferdinand back in to marshal Baird and Jones. Would be good to see Eck back if he’s fit. Hope we’ve been practising set plays.
Or for the love of god don’t give away any freekicks around the box. 
Unfortunately, Mallan is a cert to score tonight, from distance.

10 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
2 hours ago, W6Saint said:
Has to be 5-3-2 and play on the counter for me. 
Ferdinand back in to marshal Baird and Jones. Would be good to see Eck back if he’s fit. Hope we’ve been practising set plays.
Or for the love of god don’t give away any freekicks around the box. 

Unfortunately, Mallan is a cert to score tonight, from distance.

So a Good team tactic would be to shut him down and kick him off the park right? It is the managers job to set the tactics and the team's job to deliver them.

They have other guys who can score too - we need to cut off the supply line and be ruthless - even if we have to take off players on a booking to keep 11 on the park.

We must get the 1st 3 goals, and it will be fine... trust me

first time I have been able to bring myself back to this site since Saturday's mega disappointment.
Not expecting anything tonight.
We should probably hope Hamilton beat Dundee rather than a draw which in normal circumstances would be our preferred outcome. But, of course it makes no difference what we hope happens in that game.
I suppose Saints fans at Easter Road can affect the game by cheering like f**k.
I will be following it all on Sportsound and on here if things are going reasonably well.
f**king DOOMWATCH! that's me.

1 minute ago, farmer john said:

first time I have been able to bring myself back to this site since Saturday's mega disappointment.
Not expecting anything tonight.
We should probably hope Hamilton beat Dundee rather than a draw which in normal circumstances would be our preferred outcome. But, of course it makes no difference what we hope happens in that game.
I suppose Saints fans at Easter Road can affect the game by cheering like f**k.
I will be following it all on Sportsound and on here if things are going reasonably well.
f**king DOOMWATCH! that's me.

Come on mate - it is the season of cheer and gifts... Lets hope we are gifted 3 handsome points in Edinburgh tonight...

While there is hope.... don't accept defeat!