Hibernian v St Mirren 5 Dec 18

St.Ricky

46 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Also, as shite as they have been, Dundee do have a game in hand on us. A draw there would put them above us on Goals Scored.

Dundees next four games are home to Sevco and away to Killie, Dons and Celtic. I would say it's unlikely they'll be able to scramble above us before Christmas.

2 hours ago, Gosport Buddie said:

A lot of folk are saying it's terrible to sub a sub. You've got to remember he came on for Mullen relatively early and had Mullen stayed on it would have been him being replaced by Baird. More about taking a forward off for a defender rather than about Smith

A bit of both I am afraid but the right decision. 

Cammy didn't seem to be able to hold the ball when it was played to him and didn't trouble the Hibs defence. 

As I said after the Hearts game - get Hammill on a longer deal. If he only does it every 3rd or 4th game he’s still worth keeping ‘til the end of the season.

Disappointing result given we led twice, then again it’s Easter Road and a draw away from home is good regardless, given our poor away form.

Finally, as much as our players are showing a lot more grit of late (and this could just be overriding emotion getting better of them) there is an increasing tendency of departing subs throwing toys out the pram. 

I don’t necessarily agree with OK sometimes but he’s the man paid to make the decisions and tonight he took off a striker for a defender to secure a point - we did this, job done.

A point away to Hibs is not to be sniffed at no matter what run of form they're on, most would have taken it before  ko. Yes to be twice in the lead is disappointing to not go on and get the win.

As for Cammy after last season's form you can see his disappointment and frustration at the lack of game time. I don't think it was a good idea to take him off, others were offering less.

Mr Hammill, take a bow Sir.:D

Edited by Jack the lad

Good news is we are continuing to turn the corner, it's just a bit disappointing it seems to be an awfully big corner. Still, a home win over Hearts and a point at Hibs, even if both are utter gash now, shows we can compete in this league. 

Not overly worried about Dundee, they were always going to improve under Jim McIntyre who is a proven and reliable manager at this level. I think Hamilton and Livingston are going to be involved in the relegation battle before long.

Next game looks massive, we have shot ourselves in the foot with these Hamilton results. Time for OK to quickly come up with a gameplan to allow us to beat Livvy and Hamilton. It's a different sport from playing Killie, Celtic etc.

Btw, who the f**k do Hibs think they are? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46367201

"No disrespect to St Mirren, we should be beating them." I wouldn't mind if Brendan Rodgers came out with something like this, but what makes Hibs think they are entitled to 12 points a season from us? It's been a very long time since going to Easter Road was something to be scared of. Probably this attitude that has them and their city neighbours in freefall. Happens all the time with those two, they string a few wins together and believe their own hype. Clubs like Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Motherwell consistently finish above the two clubs from our capital city. Wonder why? No disrespect to Hibs but we should be beating them a couple times a season.

Stevie Mallan getting a fair amount of abuse on that Hibs forum. Time for him to come home. Hammill's goal last night was ok but nothing compared to Wee Stevie at Dens Park.

On to Livi, hope for good news, or not the worst news on the injury front Re Magennis, but if its a hamstring then its minimum four weeks.

wasnt there so didnt see Smith's reaction to being subbed, but if it was just sheer frustration, rather than showing manager and teammates disrespect then whats the problem? Any player worth his salt should be pissed off if they are subbed on, then subbed off.

that said the boy seems to believe his own hype from last season, he's been benched/dropped because he has been poor and offered little. By two managers now! Maybe he should take that under consideration, and work to put himself back in the mix instead of throwing wobblers to get managers fired etc. Wonder if this is also a reason in Oran's reluctance to put Eckersley on yet?

Absolutely Brilliant Night with so many Highlights. Big Anton marshalling the Defence and keeping Rogers up to speed for kick outs and throw outs while keeping the youngsters under control.

Paul McGinn scoring  was deserved reward for his efforts so far.

Adam hamill say no more Except. The fight isn't over till the whistle goes. Twice he pulled out of contests complaining and Hibs ran up the park with the ball.  I forgive you this time  but don't let it happen again. I sat praying my life away in the latter part of the second half willing us to hang on. Someone on the forum suggested they were so nervous they had chewed their finger nails to their elbows. There were more than a few Elbow clappers when the Final whistle went.

What about the Adam Eckersly warm up in front of the saints fans. You couldn't have wiped that grin of his face with a wire brush and Dettol when the fans started singing "If you hate Alan Stubbs Clap your Hands."    That grin said it all.

The injuries are worrying. Maybe thats why OK has been chopping and changing every week because he was thinking about injuries. Probably not but I've got that fecking football blindness again where I thing we can compete and 3 points are already in the bag against Livingston.

Some body save me from my own delusions.

See you all there on Saturday

COYS 

Edited by East Lothian Saint
no finger nails

Not a great attacking display last night. But a very good performance in other ways. We dug in well. Hibs have good players and if we would tried to go forward GUN ho they would have picked us off. Hammill was superb all night great effort from him virtually up front on his own and what a goal which half the Saints fans missed as they were still trying to get in. But p McGinn was very good again as was Jones. Magennis was playing well till he had to go off. Doesn't look good as he was holding his Hamstring. If we could cut out the schoolboy mistakes we would win more games. But a great point and great effort from the team. Coys

On to Livi, hope for good news, or not the worst news on the injury front Re Magennis, but if its a hamstring then its minimum four weeks.
wasnt there so didnt see Smith's reaction to being subbed, but if it was just sheer frustration, rather than showing manager and teammates disrespect then whats the problem? Any player worth his salt should be pissed off if they are subbed on, then subbed off.
that said the boy seems to believe his own hype from last season, he's been benched/dropped because he has been poor and offered little. By two managers now! Maybe he should take that under consideration, and work to put himself back in the mix instead of throwing wobblers to get managers fired etc. Wonder if this is also a reason in Oran's reluctance to put Eckersley on yet?
It's not like Smith was subbed after just half an hour. He played most of the game as he was a early sub for Mullen. End of the day OK got it right so take on the chin for the team.

5 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Absolutely Brilliant Night with so many Highlights. Big Anton marshalling the Defence and keeping Rogers up to speed for kick outs and throw outs while keeping the youngsters under control.

Paul McGinn scoring  was deserved reward for his efforts so far.

Adam hamill say no more Except. The fight isn't over till the whistle goes. Twice he pulled out of contests complaining and Hibs ran up the park with the ball.  I forgive you this time  but don't let it happen again. I sat praying my life away in the latter part of the second half willing us to hang on. Someone on the forum suggested they were so nervous they had chewed their finger nails to their elbows. There were more than a few Elbow clappers when the Final whistle went.

What about the Adam Eckersly warm up in front of the saints fans. You couldn't have wiped that grin of his face with a wire brush and Dettol when the fans started singing "If you hate Alan Stubbs Clap your Hands."    That grin said it all.

The injuries are worrying. Maybe thats why OK has been chopping and changing every week because he was thinking about injuries. Probably not but I've got that fecking football blindness again where I thing we can compete and 3 points are already in the bag against Livingston.

Some body save me from my own delusions.

See you all there on Saturday

COYS 

Great goal and could have scored a late winner when set free just left of centre on the edge of the box but was foiled by good/desperate Hibs defending.

Looking forward to Saturday. It's about time we put one over on Livingston. The injuries to both Mullen and Magennis looked serious.  Cammy Smith being subbed after coming on as a sub was a brave call by OK but the right one.