Hibernian v St Mirren 5 Dec 18

St.Ricky

6 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Absolutely Brilliant Night with so many Highlights. Big Anton marshalling the Defence and keeping Rogers up to speed for kick outs and throw outs while keeping the youngsters under control.

Paul McGinn scoring  was deserved reward for his efforts so far.

Adam hamill say no more Except. The fight isn't over till the whistle goes. Twice he pulled out of contests complaining and Hibs ran up the park with the ball.  I forgive you this time  but don't let it happen again. I sat praying my life away in the latter part of the second half willing us to hang on. Someone on the forum suggested they were so nervous they had chewed their finger nails to their elbows. There were more than a few Elbow clappers when the Final whistle went.

What about the Adam Eckersly warm up in front of the saints fans. You couldn't have wiped that grin of his face with a wire brush and Dettol when the fans started singing "If you hate Alan Stubbs Clap your Hands."    That grin said it all.

The injuries are worrying. Maybe thats why OK has been chopping and changing every week because he was thinking about injuries. Probably not but I've got that fecking football blindness again where I thing we can compete and 3 points are already in the bag against Livingston.

Some body save me from my own delusions.

See you all there on Saturday

COYS 

Not trying to be funny but in my eyes Anton was at fault for there 2goals he stopped and let the Hibs guy get in front off him to score and the second he never even jumped with the guy so got a free header for the goal. Just my opinion right enough. 

15 minutes ago, elvis said:

Not trying to be funny but in my eyes Anton was at fault for there 2goals he stopped and let the Hibs guy get in front off him to score and the second he never even jumped with the guy so got a free header for the goal. Just my opinion right enough. 

Fair do's from our end all you could see were our players looking to the ref and Kyle when Hibs were getting on with scoring their first goal and not a great view from the St Mirren end for either Goal but during our first Goal-less Half Anton was instrumental in keeping a clean sheet.

He might not be infallible but without him we're lost.

IMO 

Edited by East Lothian Saint

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

And you think he has played his last game for us over that?!

Just looks like someone pissed off at getting subbed when they didn't expect it.

I’m with you here, just emotions running high. OK will have probably had words with him about it, that’ll be the real place to see if Cammy is truly unhappy or if it was just what happened in the moment.

And you think he has played his last game for us over that?!
Just looks like someone pissed off at getting subbed when they didn't expect it.

Didn’t say he’s played his last game we have a good amount more till February.

If it wasn’t for injuries and suspension would he even have featured yesterday.

Oran wants another attacking option In the January window and we need to ship players out to bring player in.

Certainly don’t think throwing your toys out the pram when a sub was made for the good of the team has done him any favours to push his way up the pecking order plus he also struggled yet again to make any sort of impact at this level.

A huge problem we have had all season is we appear incapable in stopping crosses into our box and we are reluctant to get crosses into opposition boxes. Hammill being the exception to the rule, most goals are scored in the box. We have to prevent it coming into ours and get it into theirs.

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

There is no I in TEAM

What a twat - he has produced very little this season and although it is okay to be disappointed, being huffy and not a team player is not what we need. His disrespect in unacceptable. The Manager is his boss... and it was a reasonable decision given how poor he was playing...

Suspect he will be away in January...

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Cammy Smith is one the principal reasons we are in this league, some would do well to remember that.

Doesn't give him the right to have this season off.

Still getting paid.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Not many would argue but it's also fairly clear last seasons team would see us quickly return to the Championship, including Smith. 

Last seasons team with Davis, Morgan, Reilly and an on-form Smith and Magennis would stay up easily. But obviously we don't have that team.

Smith is good enough for this league. Some think otherwise, which is fine. What isn't fine is the disrespect and incessant sniping from a couple of the resident fannies on here.

I thought Edwards contribution last night was minimal and that is being polite. He did a lot of running but kept losing his man, played too far off the opposition, got pulled out of position and his passing was woeful. When I saw Baird coming on I thought it had to be for Edwards and was surprised it was Cammy. If I was Cammy I would have been raging too.

42 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Didn’t say he’s played his last game we have a good amount more till February.

If it wasn’t for injuries and suspension would he even have featured yesterday.

Oran wants another attacking option In the January window and we need to ship players out to bring player in.

Certainly don’t think throwing your toys out the pram when a sub was made for the good of the team has done him any favours to push his way up the pecking order plus he also struggled yet again to make any sort of impact at this level.

Credit to Smith for being an integral part of our Championship Winning Team and he will, and should, be remembered for that but football is an unforgiving game. Past successes count for little, only current form and results. I don't think his size is against him. The best player on the park was Hibs little winger.  Cammy himself must be frustrated with his inability to impress this season. Would be nice to see him come good but I suspect he might move on to find first team game time in a Championship team. He would go with my best wishes.

I thought Edwards contribution last night was minimal and that is being polite. He did a lot of running but kept losing his man, played too far off the opposition, got pulled out of position and his passing was woeful. When I saw Baird coming on I thought it had to be for Edwards and was surprised it was Cammy. If I was Cammy I would have been raging too.
It's a good thing he was angry cos it shows he cares. But no player is bigger than the team. Smith played over an hour in the game. So not as if he was on the park briefly. And he was playing out of position. His hold up play was poor. He is usually running at defenders not having his back to them. Think Cammy is a good player but he has to think of the team first. But it could have easily been Edwards going off. That decision is down to OK.

Gary: Cammy’s confidence was shot due to the way Stubbs treated him my favourite player last season I make no apology for saying that and I just want see him regain the spirit and quality he is capable of.His best position is just behind the main striker with a free role in my opinion and I pray that Oran can use him in that area.Cammy needs to be shown he is loved and admired and Jack was very capable in giving him the confidence he needs.I certainly want to keep Cammy at the club long term regardless of where we finish at the end of the season.