Livingston v St Mirren 8 December 2018

St.Ricky

4 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Think we really need to have a gameplan for this one. We know exactly how Livi are going to play, we know where the danger will come from. Question is, how to stop it?

I'd say we need to control the midfield, not give away anything stupid and stop getting needless yellow cards. Our yellow card record this season is shocking

Think you need Jones & Baird, or Jones & P McGinn beside big Anton as he isnt going to catch the likes of Hardie everytime its dinked over the top.  May need to flex that in the second half, but to get the ball forward, we need a solid backline, with some pace to shut down and play forward.

Now that we’ve managed a decent result again that should build up enough hope and expectation for us to do the usual f**k up that follows. We canny defend set pieces, Livi love them. Livingston 2-1 Saints (Mullen to score if available, if not then Bairdy. If he doesn’t start, then Magennis. If he’s injured then S.McGinn).

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Lets take these tossers down a peg or sixMassive concern is we are hopeless at set pieces and they only score from set pieces.So as long as they dont get any throw ins, corners or freekicks I think we will win 1.0

Expect a tough game. As others have said..need to avoid getting into a slugging match particularly in areas from which the can throw in balls to the front of goal. They are good at winning fouls etc in the areas 18-25 yards out.

Edited by St.Ricky

Livingston apparently have a new ticket system but its not very clear. Our game is listed as All ticket.

Prices (ticket only – no cash gates)

• £24 Adults
  • £16 Concessions*
  • £10 U16s
  •  
  • NO cash turnstiles
  • Pre-sale of tickets – This will be DEBIT CARD ONLY
  • You can phone up to purchase your tickets and then pick them up on Saturday from the Ticket Office located outside turnstile 2
    • Please phone during office hours which will be published on our Website
  • There will be extended opening hours which will be published on our Website
  • Tickets available on day of game for Home Fans from the Ticket Office but there will be ques, so please try to purchase your ticket before the day of the game
  • There MAY BE tickets available on the day of the game for Away fans but this will be managed on a game-by-game basis and as instructed by the Police and visiting club
    • This is also subject to resources available to Livingston Football Club and we would urge ALL away fans to purchase their tickets from their respective clubs prior to the game.
  • From late October 2018 you will be able to buy your ticket online and pick them up prior to the game from the ticket office.

PHONED LIVI. THEY SAY TICKETS WILL BE ON SALE BEFORE THE GAME BUT IF YOU DON@T PAY BY DEBIT CARD THERE MAY BE ISSUES>

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Update

3 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Livingston apparently have a new ticket system but its not very clear. Our game is listed as All ticket.

Prices (ticket only – no cash gates)

• £24 Adults
  • £16 Concessions*
  • £10 U16s
  •  
  • NO cash turnstiles
  • Pre-sale of tickets – This will be DEBIT CARD ONLY
  • You can phone up to purchase your tickets and then pick them up on Saturday from the Ticket Office located outside turnstile 2
    • Please phone during office hours which will be published on our Website
  • There will be extended opening hours which will be published on our Website
  • Tickets available on day of game for Home Fans from the Ticket Office but there will be ques, so please try to purchase your ticket before the day of the game
  • There MAY BE tickets available on the day of the game for Away fans but this will be managed on a game-by-game basis and as instructed by the Police and visiting club
    • This is also subject to resources available to Livingston Football Club and we would urge ALL away fans to purchase their tickets from their respective clubs prior to the game.
  • From late October 2018 you will be able to buy your ticket online and pick them up prior to the game from the ticket office.

PHONED LIVI. THEY SAY TICKETS WILL BE ON SALE BEFORE THE GAME BUT IF YOU DON@T PAY BY DEBIT CARD THERE MAY BE ISSUES>

Luckily for me my son won tickets for this game.  The instructions above are as clear as mud. 

Note: Queues at Easter Road ticket booth caused delays.  One person accepted cash and the other only debit cards. 

As East says if you don't have a debit card there could be issues and even longer delays. 

A number of fans missed the goal by Hammill. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

Think we have to go into this game with 3 central defenders to try combat the usual high ball game they play. Might have no choice anyway with the few injuries we have.

Have to agree. Livi play a long ball game and have a really active midfield who are good at winning the second ball. Need to try and press them high up the park to stop them getting long balls going. I'd go 3-4-3. 

20 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Think you need Jones & Baird, or Jones & P McGinn beside big Anton as he isnt going to catch the likes of Hardie everytime its dinked over the top.  May need to flex that in the second half, but to get the ball forward, we need a solid backline, with some pace to shut down and play forward.

I'd be tempted to go 3 at the back with Jones and Baird, Anton as almost a sweeper role. Means we could have attacking full backs joining in when we go forward without being too exposed at the back. Noticed a few times against Hibs that we got left with only the 2 defenders sitting deep

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Livingston 4/5, St Mirren 15/4, 12/5 the draw.

How far we've fallen as these odds would possibly have been reversed last season. 

Decent odds. Probably evens for the win at the bookies. 

Getting a win tomorrow is definitely not beyond us. If we play to our strengths and get the ball down and pass it , we'll have a chance. 

If we can pick up results in Dundee and Edinburgh,  I'm sure we can against Livi.

34 minutes ago, munoz said:

Decent odds. Probably evens for the win at the bookies. 

Getting a win tomorrow is definitely not beyond us. If we play to our strengths and get the ball down and pass it , we'll have a chance. 

If we can pick up results in Dundee and Edinburgh,  I'm sure we can against Livi.

It should be remembered that we have only lost 1 of the last 4 games.

Unfortunately the other shit teams around us have also picked up points. 

The real damage was losing to Hamilton, if that had been reversed we'd be above them right now. 

As you say, it's not beyond us to win tomorrow but we could just as easily get pumped.

If I was putting cash on, and I won't be touching this game, the draw is my guess. 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The real damage was losing to Hamilton, if that had been reversed we'd be above them right now. 

As you say, it's not beyond us to win tomorrow but we could just as easily get pumped.

If I was putting cash on, and I won't be touching this game, the draw is my guess. 

Wont be touching it either.  

Hamilton was a sore one , but we're not even at the midway point of the season yet. We really need to start picking up wins against the teams around us.

Yeah we were 1 point off bottom going into those 4 games, and we’re still 1 point off bottom. Hamilton were 6 ahead and they’re now only 4 ahead... small steps and all that.

Livingston however, are 13 points ahead and have a game in hand over us. That’s quite the gap to close between now and May given we only have 9 points all season so far.

Think they will be pretty much uncatchable unless we can get our first away win of the season tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Yeah we were 1 point off bottom going into those 4 games, and we’re still 1 point off bottom. Hamilton were 6 ahead and they’re now only 4 ahead... small steps and all that.

Livingston however, are 13 points ahead and have a game in hand over us. That’s quite the gap to close between now and May given we only have 9 points all season so far.

Think they will be pretty much uncatchable unless we can get our first away win of the season tomorrow.

Yep  Fair assessment.

15 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Good for you ELS. Its a pretty poor show that 24 hours away there is no public announcement from either club about selling tickets at Livi and our Club is shutting up shop at lunch-time today. I do not have a ticket but intend going so there had better be a public sale.

But why are football clubs so shit about selling tickets for their product? 24 hrs before a game and no word about ticket sales. A farce at Easter Rd on Wed with a large queue and effectively only 1 serving. And don't get me started on those amateurs at Dunfermline last season. Do they no want our money?

41 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Good for you ELS. Its a pretty poor show that 24 hours away there is no public announcement from either club about selling tickets at Livi and our Club is shutting up shop at lunch-time today. I do not have a ticket but intend going so there had better be a public sale.

But why are football clubs so shit about selling tickets for their product? 24 hrs before a game and no word about ticket sales. A farce at Easter Rd on Wed with a large queue and effectively only 1 serving. And don't get me started on those amateurs at Dunfermline last season. Do they no want our money?

Been down for one Sunderland game this season, bought tickets online, printed at home, scanned at the gate. Its not feckin difficult!

and clubs wonder why they arent getting enough in, or are perplexed when they end up with big feckin queues

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

At the last game at Livingston there were a couple of dozen Saints fans outside without tickets after kick off. 

By the time everyone was directed round to the Main Stand to buy tickets we went from 1-0 up to 3-1 down and most people just made a sharp exit without buying tickets.

Glory hunters :P

19 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I see St Mirren have now displayed a message on the OS about tickets and prices. Considering the Ticket Office is now closed and won't be open tomorrow that's not helpful about how you now purchase a ticket considering they have also stated the match is all-ticket contrary to what Livi told you over the phone ELS. But what do fans matter?