Livingston v St Mirren 8 December 2018

St.Ricky

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Saints TV covering the game in Livingston? 

To be honest I was making assumptions. If not those who can't attend apparently have Teuchter TV for delayed viewing. Many going to the game might be jealous as they have an option to watch a fantastic victory or not if not.

27 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Can't go today as I'm still recovering from operation and game's come a day too early.

We're relying on Hammill to win games for us. Not the best place to be. 

If Livi score I don't think we'll win. 0-1 or 1-1 at best I think. 

I would love to be wrong and it ends up a goal feast for those who are braving the elements to see it live and for those who can't make it and are financially supporting the club even more by buying the right to watch it on Saints' TV.

(Some forget this in their attempt to belittle).

Enjoy supporting the club through watching Saints TV.  Every penny counts. 

More importantly though,  hope you are back able to go to live games soon. 

Nothing like them as you know. COYS

29 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Sorry if I’ve missed it, but what’s the update on the injuries to Mullen and Magennis from Wednesday night. Be gutted for Kyle if he’s out for a bit after his last lengthy injury. He needs a good run in the team to get back to his best. Really important player for us when he’s playing well with his energy and dig, something we really lack against teams like Livvy.
Also hope we can start to defend set pieces today.

We've not won a point this season with Magennis not playing. Hope that record changes today. 

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

We've not won a point this season with Magennis not playing. Hope that record changes today. 

Unfortunately, the games we have won points in is too small a sample to draw conclusions from! I'm sure Willock could do a job in there. If we start with McShane then its game over, we will get overrun.

1 hour ago, shull said:

Listen to " Open Aw Mics " while working, Cannae wait.

Will record our Match from BBC Alba at 6pm today, then watch the relevant bits while having Supper tonight,

£ 24 ADMISSION FEE :lol:

COME ON THE SAINTS 

Listen all Mics sounds like a good plan if you are working. 

Didn't know the game was on Alba later.. Thanks.  Can watch it again as Hammill scores in the opposition goal from inside our18 yard line! 

COYS

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Enjoy supporting the club through watching Saints TV.  Every penny counts. 

More importantly though,  hope you are back able to go to live games soon. 

Nothing like them as you know. COYS

The game is in Livingston, there is no Saints TV for away games obviously.

36 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Sorry if I’ve missed it, but what’s the update on the injuries to Mullen and Magennis from Wednesday night. Be gutted for Kyle if he’s out for a bit after his last lengthy injury. He needs a good run in the team to get back to his best. Really important player for us when he’s playing well with his energy and dig, something we really lack against teams like Livvy.

Mullen is going to be out for a couple of months. Not on heard on Magennis but unlikely to be good news.

58 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Be lucky to have Kyle back by mid Jan :( Mullen chipped his nail so just a few week!

Not sure what the script is with Mullen, Magennis and Cooke.

Assuming they are out  and Jackson is still suspended (2nd game )then my temptation would be to go with

P McGinn at left back with Hodson   on the right (Both flying up the wings)

3 Centre backs Anton Jack and Alfie

S McGinn and McPherson in the middle with Hammil and Etheron playing off them

and that only leaves

Throw the toys out the pram,  I won the league, I shouldn't be playing in this position Smith,  to play up front out of Position.

That's the plan fecked. No one to play up front.

Can anyone play centre Forward maybe we could try Josh Heaton?????     does anyone know who plays up front for the reserves.?

Subs  Lyness, Edwards, Willock, Heaton, Ekersley

I'm sure Oran is a man with a Plan and a better one than mine.

Good Luck Saints.

Buds I'll See you all there.

3 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Assuming they are out  and Jackson is still suspended (2nd game )then my temptation would be to go with

and that only leaves

Throw the toys out the pram,  I won the league, I shouldn't be playing in this position Smith,  to play up front out of Position.

Can anyone play centre Forward maybe we could try Josh Heaton?????     does anyone know who plays up front for the reserves.?

Good Luck Saints.

I think Jackson is back today,. Is not only a one game suspension for 2 yellows sending off ? 

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

and that only leaves

Good Luck Saints.

More likely he will play   Rodgers,      Defence  Ether   Ferdo   Jonsey   Hodson         

midfield :  Edwards   Willock   McGinn  McGinn  

Forwards :  Jacko  Hammill

If he is ready, giving Eckers a start might be a good move with Ether pushed into the middle of the park in stead of Edwards - he covers the ground well and has more ability.

Putting Bairdy in and playing 1 forward is a decent option too - Hammill dropping into the midfield.

I guess McShane or Flynn are other possibilities. Anyone know if Cooke is fit?

We will soon see?

Think we need as much height in the team as possible today without giving up too much footballing ability ,  would not be against us playing a 3-5-1-1

Baird Anton Jones 

McGinn                                         Edwards 

Willock            McGinn 

McShane

Hammill 

Cooke  or Jackson 

Probably harsh on Hodson who's played well since moving to the right but wing back is a horrible position to play in and you  need to be able to get up and down the park all day and that's one strength Ryan Edwards does have. Plenty of running in his legs and if he does the basics properly then he should be fine.  P McGinn is the obvious choice for the right side. 

If Cooke is fit then I think he's showed enough in his last few cameos to warrant a start. We might actually be able to make it stick up top with him and allow the midfielders to get up and play in the oppositions half. Too many times we've lumped balls up to Jackson and it just keeps coming back. Thats not a slant on Jackson he's just too wee to use if that's how we're going to continue to play.

Only other option I see in the middle is Macpherson but given he's not featured much lately I'd assume McShane and Willock are ahead of him.

2 minutes ago, bud84 said:

Probably harsh on Hodson who's played well since moving to the right but wing back is a horrible position to play in and you  need to be able to get up and down the park all day and that's one strength Ryan Edwards does have. Plenty of running in his legs and if he does the basics properly then he should be fine.  .

Yeah but he can't do the basics properly!

Leave Hodson where he is, he has been getting better by the week.

24 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Yeah but he can't do the basics properly!

Leave Hodson where he is, he has been getting better by the week.

He still seems to play every week.

Like I said it's harsh on Hodson but if we're going to change our game to combat how the opposition play then I don't see where he fits in. Would you play him ahead of McGinn on the right or would you stick with the 4 at the back to leave him in.  Which one of the 3 centre halfs would you leave out at his expense? 

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:
14 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

The young guys in our travelling support made a terrific din at Easter Road in midweek.  More of the same against Livvy please. 

COYS

Aye you said the same in another thread. :snore

#boringfud

If He's a boring fud then your a moaning git  B)  And by the way GIT is a euphemism for something rhyming with custard.  :lol:

42 minutes ago, bud84 said:

Think we need as much height in the team as possible today without giving up too much footballing ability ,  would not be against us playing a 3-5-1-1

Baird Anton Jones 

McGinn                                         Edwards 

Willock            McGinn 

McShane

Hammill 

Cooke  or Jackson 

Probably harsh on Hodson who's played well since moving to the right but wing back is a horrible position to play in and you  need to be able to get up and down the park all day and that's one strength Ryan Edwards does have. Plenty of running in his legs and if he does the basics properly then he should be fine.  P McGinn is the obvious choice for the right side. 

If Cooke is fit then I think he's showed enough in his last few cameos to warrant a start. We might actually be able to make it stick up top with him and allow the midfielders to get up and play in the oppositions half. Too many times we've lumped balls up to Jackson and it just keeps coming back. Thats not a slant on Jackson he's just too wee to use if that's how we're going to continue to play.

Only other option I see in the middle is Macpherson but given he's not featured much lately I'd assume McShane and Willock are ahead of him.

I was thinking....  Edwards left back.... in paisley  :whistle