Livingston v St Mirren 8 December 2018

St.Ricky

49 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

If we can just defend set pieces and draw the second half all will be well. Would be nice if Hibs could win at Hamilton too.

Over the last few weeks I think Kearney has begun to show why he was appointed. In most games now we are looking like taking something from the game and at least looking competitive and Hammil scoring goals from potentially anywhere on the pitch has lifted confidence that we do have a bit of a goal threat. I also think players who were looking off form are beginning to look as if they can play at this level after all, and the squad's commitment isn't being questioned as much.

We're also beginning to see that after taking a while to find their feet loan signings like Alfie Jones and Matty Willock might do a job for us, and even Cody Cooke looked like he might be an option from the bench as well.

Don't ya just wish you hadn't posted? 

3 minutes ago, magnus said:

Multiple mistakes every week. Livi can pretty much get the cigars our and celebrate staying in the top flight. 

Agreed but we won't be joining them - unless something very unexpected happens.

Football is a funny old game - we finished 10 points ahead of Livi last season and now we are 16 points behind them before we are half way through the season.

Edited by northstbuddie

Just now, Balmullo Bud said:

FFS. We are what we are unfortunately. We are currently nowhere near good enough to compete in this league with our current squad It will be an interesting transfer window. It will need to be a massive turnaround.

Every bit as big a turnaround as 2 seasons ago.

On one hand, we are nowhere near as far adrift from safety as we were then.

On the other, we don't have significantly larger budget than the teams we are competing against this time.

Add a new goalkeeper to the January shopping list.

Add a whole team !!

Glad I’m not attending away games this season total waste of money & an afternoon. Plus a defeat is worse when your at the game. We’ll be going back to where we belong, the championship. Just the usual with St mirren never any progress when we get promoted.

5 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

We are all banking on a fantastic season changing January window but realistically, the odds of that happening are very slim. Good players don't get released in January and we need about 6-8 top players. Tall order for OK.

5 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

We have beem relegation certainties for weeks I honestly don't know how anyone could be positive about this team we are f**king hopeless we have managed to fluke some results but in the main we are rank rotten. 

and why the f**king f**k were we not wearing black and white stripes? today or Wednesday. THAT is the f**king problem. Yes yes,, I know.
Jeezo, this is awful and I think we are doomed. There is no rich vein of good form and positive results in this squad of players and I just dont see how we can bring in enough players of high enough quality in January to make much of a difference.
No way should St Mirren be hammered twice by both Hamilton and Livingston.
Utterly depressing all round.
And, I cant see Hammill still being with us after January. Other clubs are seeing these wonder goals he is scoring.

1 minute ago, magnus said:

We are all banking on a fantastic season changing January window but realistically, the odds of that happening are very slim. Good players don't get released in January and we need about 6-8 top players. Tall order for OK.

The miracle that Ross produced won't be reproduced this season.

Different league, we need to hang in, if we let Hamilton get a gap we're doomed to a play off at best.