Livingston v St Mirren 8 December 2018

St.Ricky

57 minutes ago, elvis said:

We have beem relegation certainties for weeks I honestly don't know how anyone could be positive about this team we are f**king hopeless we have managed to fluke some results but in the main we are rank rotten. 

Never mind, at least your big team won.

Whether you like him or not, Elvis is NOT wrong. We, at the moment, are cannon fodder for the teams around us. Dundee should have won first game of the season. We are, in the main, toothless, weak and indisciplined. We can't defend set pieces. We hardly trouble the opposition keeper and our keeper is clusterfcuk.

I really can't see a transfer window saving us. Dundee WILL be above us by the end of the year and I don't believe we will move from that spot in the following 5 months. Sad to say, we are goners.

Edwards and Willock. Absolutely shocking. What we saw on the 2nd half today was embarrassing. They should all be ashamed of them selfs. Rogers should wonder how the 1st goal got by him. And the 3 to push the ball back into the 6 yard box is a schoolboy mistake. Apart from Erhahon and Jones the rest can go in Jan. Disgraceful

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

1796. Just to that into context 4000 at Falkirk v Alloa. In the words of  A Lloyd Webber. Time to say Goodbye.... 

Looked like a fraction of our away support there today from roughly one year ago.

It just shows you there is nothing like a winning team to get fans attending. We are nothing like a winning team just now sadly.

Nice try but no cigar as none of them were Allan Stubbs.
In any case, Livingston never allowed their previous manager to sign a plethora of lower league duds (instead they signed a handful of decent improvements to the squad) before being shipped out the door, unfortunately we did.
Anyone on here who wouldn't have liked to have signed Halket and Lamie before the season started ?

Many are speculating on who leaves in January.

Here's the real question. Who in the squad at the moment, would be a first  XI pick after January on the basis that we improve in the upcoming window?

For me, Magennis (if fit), P.McGinn (if fit), Ferdinand (erm....if fit), Hammill (if still here) and Jackson are the only guys in that squad I'd say are definitely cut out for Premiership football and consistently good enough.
I'm still hoping to see Gary Mac back in the New Year - be like a new signing.

We played 5 at the back and chased about in midfield in the first half keeping them at bay and holding onto our lead with our only attempt on goal. Second half the midfield completely gave up.  We  would be better off playing Cammy McPherson (or ma dug) instead of Edwards and Erharon instead of Willock and Breadner in for Jackson. At least we would be developing our own players and they may give more effort. Transfer window cannot come soon enough but in the meantime give our academy players a chance.

37 minutes ago, Sonny said:

We played 5 at the back and chased about in midfield in the first half keeping them at bay and holding onto our lead with our only attempt on goal. Second half the midfield completely gave up.  We  would be better off playing Cammy McPherson (or ma dug) instead of Edwards and Erharon instead of Willock and Breadner in for Jackson. At least we would be developing our own players and they may give more effort. Transfer window cannot come soon enough but in the meantime give our academy players a chance.

Indeed. I've been impressed with some things about OK's management but constantly allowing Ryan Edwards on the pitch makes me question not only his managerial ability but his sanity as well.

I thought Willock could do something, but evidently not.

Some of these guys in the squad now aren't going to make it at any level of football.

Still, transfer window is nearly here. The signs are that big changes are coming. And we aren't even bottom never mind cut adrift. Things could honestly be a lot worse given the ability of the squad assembled.

The only surprise is that anyone is surprised by the way we perform. A draw at Easter Road on the surface looked decent but Hibs before today had not won a game for 2 months!!! Of this squad the only players who will ever play at the same or better level are Alfie Jones, Ethan (I'm just recognising potential) and Adam Hammill. The rest are simply NOWHERE near good enough for a top Championship team never mind a SPL team. 

Cody Cooke, Ryan Flynn, Josh Heaton, Jordan Fitzpatrick (on loan), Ian McShane, Cole Kpekawa, Danny Rogers, Ryan Edwards, Simione Jackson, Danny Mullen, Jeff King, James Kellerman (on loan) Wonder how much that lot are costing in wages with absolutely NO return.

Heartbreaking after the last two season.

2 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Deary me, why keep a player who wants to leave? 

You are right though, we were definitely winning plenty when Samson was here right enough...

Oh and FYI we have 2 goalkeepers.

Samson has said he was happy to play on until January, and Jack Ross was happy to wait until then.

It's not f**king difficult to see we have a better chance of winning with Samson in goals rather than this clown. A goalkeeper is not going to single-handedly win the previous games of the season, is he?