Livingston v St Mirren 8 December 2018

St.Ricky

18 hours ago, SaintGlenburn said:

Im struggling to see why Eckersley isnt playing. That young lad aint a LB and needs to hit the gym before playing in the first team.

Yes have to agree here, might be a bit slower bur certainly reads the game better the youngster is doing 'not bad' but at the moment I am afraid 'not bad' isn't quite what we need.

10 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

We do not have a player who will score anywhere near 10 goals in the season, 

I pretty much agree with your rant but Adam Hammill could hit 10 if he stays past January (big IF, I reckon he’ll get better offers elsewhere). He’s already on 4, hasn’t been here the full season and we aren’t halfway yet.

Yes have to agree here, might be a bit slower bur certainly reads the game better the youngster is doing 'not bad' but at the moment I am afraid 'not bad' isn't quite what we need.

I'm I reading this wrong and I hope you were at the game. But are you saying Erhahon had a bad game. Cause him and Jones were the only 2 players on the park that showed any passion or professional pride. The rest were a shower of gutless losers. To suggest Eckersley would have done any better is ridiculous. He done his job by mostly keeping Lawless out of the game. I know he's not a left back and I agree he should be moved into midfield cause he could not do any worse than Edwards and Willock. And in the 2nd half McGinn. Injuries have plagued us in recent games. But you would think certain players would step up and want to impress. But they don't and come Jan it's time for them to move on to their parent club. Or hopefully they can find other clubs to be lazy in. Cos at the mo there being disrespectful to our fans.   

50 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Why did you say he was going back down south then when you had absolutely no clue emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Doh ! You my good friend have far too much time on your hands. Let's simplify this- Me ( I ( thought ) he only signed till January)  You got that bit ? Let's hope and assume you have.  So he would return home if his deal was up in January. As L.P. wrote he is here for the full season. Wow how about that then :spud3

12 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Here's some more if you're not convinced... 9 points from SEVENTEEN games. Only 12 goals scored 34!!! yeah 34 goals conceded. One win since the 5th of August. Apart from your fantasy of signing 6/8 players in January what makes you think we will get out this?

Like most leagues its what is doable on fine measures. If we had held on to leads at Livi and Hibs we would be sitting one point off 9th. I am frustrated like most but its a lack of being streetwise  and that includes the manager and the chairman.  Livi are the prime example that limited ability does not mean failure.

Doh ! You my good friend have far too much time on your hands. Let's simplify this- Me ( I ( thought ) he only signed till January)  You got that bit ? Let's hope and assume you have.  So he would return home if his deal was up in January. As L.P. wrote he is here for the full season. Wow how about that then :spud3

Yet another bizarre post..... i have too much time on my hands I’m not the one just posting made up stories [emoji23][emoji23]

how about even if his deal was up in January is it not possible to extend a contract.

You had absolutely no clue yet decided to post anton will be back down south in January.

2 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Yet another bizarre post..... i have too much time on my hands I’m not the one just posting made up stories emoji23.pngemoji23.png

how about even if his deal was up in January is it not possible to extend a contract.

You had absolutely no clue yet decided to post anton will be back down south in January.

So I post I was wrong regarding contract date.  You are following  that up with utter nonsense and you say my post is bizarre :unsure: Good for you  really happy for you. Have a nice day 

Another good day out The Livi fans were very hospitable, even before they humped us, but what a woeful second half from the Saints.

Where did that first goal come from. Our seats were probably in the worst part of the ground to get a decent view of that goal but even with a restricted view it was obvious someone had gifted it.  Saw the TV coverage and suspicions confirmed. A fecking shocker and it was all  down hill from there.

Did you see their keeper Kelly strutting about his own half right up to the fecking centre circle. You could almost hear him challenge us "ADAM FECKING WHO" that's how fecking ineffective we were second half and how confident they were. I was not amused.

Only 580 of us Brave buds turned up. There was a mass exodus when they scored the third and those of us who stayed to be waved out by Captain Fantastic and his fellow flops felt we had been short changed.

What Now?

After the Kilmarnock Game at Paisley I spoke to some of the Board who were out in Paisley enjoying a beer and even then they all placed their cards on the table and said The January transfer window  was all that could save us and they were getting geared up for it. It wasn't really the answer I expected or wanted but Since then GmcP and JN have been added and It seems they are going to support OK in his attempt at the Great Escape II.  Its not all over yet lads they have a plan.

Image result for steve mcqueen great escape motorbike  II. Coming to The Single Digit Arena Soon

Clutching at straws but I'll see you next week.

Edited by East Lothian Saint

OK is doing OK and that's OK.

OK fecks of to Northern Ireland every weekend and that OK

OK is yet another imposter Manager and thats OK

OK does not have a clue how set the team out and thats OK

OK doesn't know his best starting 11 and thats OK

OK has been a complete and utter failure at St Mirren  and thats OK

i am imbecile apparently and that OK.

C u all in the championship if thats OK.

Disgrace

2 hours ago, alshboy said:

OK is doing OK and that's OK.

OK fecks of to Northern Ireland every weekend and that OK

OK is yet another imposter Manager and thats OK

OK does not have a clue how set the team out and thats OK

OK doesn't know his best starting 11 and thats OK

OK has been a complete and utter failure at St Mirren  and thats OK

i am imbecile apparently and that OK.

C u all in the championship if thats OK.

Disgrace

Have a lie down, you might feel better.

On 12/9/2018 at 9:57 AM, linwood-bud said:

FIRST TEAM

Hodson - Ferdinand - Jones

Magennis - Hammill

Jackson

SQUAD PLAYERS

S McGinn, Erahon, P McGinn, Mullen

This is the players I think are good enough and have shown some kind of quality so far this season. 10 players of our oversized squad is not a great return, Cody Cooke might squeeze his way in and at the very least has shown a positive attitude along with Alfie Jones.

If we are to survive we need a monumental clear out, with at least 4 or 5 quality signings. Then it will be fingers crossed for a quick integration and no more injuries.

Pretty much agree these are the players who we should persevere with , would add Smith and Cooke , and a further six or seven to give us a decent squad . I hope we can use the rest of this season to leave us in good shape for next season.

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Watching the highlights from this one is brutal. For Livi's three goals not one tackle comes in during the build up, and Baird and Rogers play assists. What kind of coaching are Kearney, Rice, Nicholl, Langfield and McPherson actually conducting at Ralston?

not one tackle!

At last someone who was watching the same game as me...

The few minutes leading up to Livi's  2nd goal they must have made 30 passes inside our half,  and only one player, young Ethan made any attempt to win the ball. we made Livingston look like Barcelona,  Absolutely pathetic,  Watching it reminded me of having a kickabout with my grandkids over the park, just letting them have the ball,  on the flip side when ever any of our players got a touch the Livi players were all over them like a rash,  maybe we need a tackle coach as well,  is Billy Abercrombie still kicking about..