St.Ricky

Livingston v St Mirren 8 December 2018

Add a new goalkeeper to the January shopping list.

Add a whole team !!

Glad I’m not attending away games this season total waste of money & an afternoon. Plus a defeat is worse when your at the game. We’ll be going back to where we belong, the championship. Just the usual with St mirren never any progress when we get promoted.

5 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Agreed but we won't be joining them - unless something very unexpected happens.

We are all banking on a fantastic season changing January window but realistically, the odds of that happening are very slim. Good players don't get released in January and we need about 6-8 top players. Tall order for OK.

5 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Agreed but we won't be joining them - unless something very unexpected happens.

We have beem relegation certainties for weeks I honestly don't know how anyone could be positive about this team we are f**king hopeless we have managed to fluke some results but in the main we are rank rotten. 

and why the f**king f**k were we not wearing black and white stripes? today or Wednesday. THAT is the f**king problem. Yes yes,, I know.
Jeezo, this is awful and I think we are doomed. There is no rich vein of good form and positive results in this squad of players and I just dont see how we can bring in enough players of high enough quality in January to make much of a difference.
No way should St Mirren be hammered twice by both Hamilton and Livingston.
Utterly depressing all round.
And, I cant see Hammill still being with us after January. Other clubs are seeing these wonder goals he is scoring.

1 minute ago, magnus said:

We are all banking on a fantastic season changing January window but realistically, the odds of that happening are very slim. Good players don't get released in January and we need about 6-8 top players. Tall order for OK.

The miracle that Ross produced won't be reproduced this season.

Different league, we need to hang in, if we let Hamilton get a gap we're doomed to a play off at best. 

Yet another terrible result for OK to add to his already burgeoning selection of shockers.

Sounds like we got what we deserved again.

The fact that Livi are also on their 2nd manager of the season but are 16 points ahead of us despite having played a game less is as good a sign of how bad we’ve been this season than anything.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Different league, we need to hang in, if we let Hamilton get a gap we're doomed to a play off at best. 

Given all that’s happened I would take achieving a play off currently.

Any other year either ourselves or Dundee would be well adrift, thankfully we’re both as poor as each other - 2 of the worst Premiership sides in recent memory.

Many are speculating on who leaves in January.

Here's the real question. Who in the squad at the moment, would be a first  XI pick after January on the basis that we improve in the upcoming window?

For me, Magennis (if fit), P.McGinn (if fit), Ferdinand (erm....if fit), Hammill (if still here) and Jackson are the only guys in that squad I'd say are definitely cut out for Premiership football and consistently good enough.

Edited by djchapsticks

Many are speculating on who leaves in January.

Here's the real question. Who in the squad at the moment, would be a first  XI pick after January on the basis that we improve in the upcoming window?

For me, Magennis (if fit), P.McGinn (if fit), Ferdinand (erm....if fit), Hammill (if still here) and Jackson are the only guys in that squad I'd say are definitely cut out for Premiership football and consistently good enough.
I would add mcginn and maybe jones to that

It was always going to be difficult to form the shite that Allan Stubbs signed in to a team, but OK can carry part of the blame today for letting Samson walk out the door and leaving us without a goalkeeper!

Roll on the transfer window!

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The same Ross miracle that left us with half a  squad for this season that's not fit for purpose - the other half were already on their way under Ross.

The Stubbs debacle that followed did not help.

8 minutes ago, Kemp said:

OK can carry part of the blame today for letting Samson walk out the door and leaving us without a goalkeeper!

Deary me, why keep a player who wants to leave? 

You are right though, we were definitely winning plenty when Samson was here right enough...

Oh and FYI we have 2 goalkeepers.

Edited by W6Saint

3 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Does that still work even though Livi are also on their third manager since promotion or...?

Nice try but no cigar as none of them were Allan Stubbs.

In any case, Livingston never allowed their previous manager to sign a plethora of lower league duds (instead they signed a handful of decent improvements to the squad) before being shipped out the door, unfortunately we did.

Edited by W6Saint

2 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

The same Ross miracle that left us with half a  squad for this season that's not fit for purpose - the other half were already on their way under Ross.

The Stubbs debacle that followed did not help.

True but Ross had identified players to sign, the question is why weren’t they brought in........probably because the club knew he was leaving but we did still have guys like Halkett lined up.

Since we won the league we had plenty of time to get a squad together, yet Livi have done a far better job despite having to come up via a play off and losing their manager too. Like you I feel there are plenty of places to apportion blame for what we are seeing right now and that must include the board. 

1 minute ago, W6Saint said:

Nice try but no cigar as none of them were Allan Stubbs.

In any case, Livingston never allowed their previous manager to sign a plethora of lower league duds (instead they signed a handful of decent improvements to the squad) before being shipped out the door, unfortunately we did.

But we've got OK, he's a great manager, he'll turn things around. :blink:

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Don't ya just wish you hadn't posted? 

Not really. Were we ever 1-0 up in a league game at HT under you-know-who this season?

We've gone from looking unlikely to take a point against anyone bar Dundee, to now giving ourselves a chance. I do think one of our potentially fatal weaknesses this season in terms of premiership survival is taking 0 points against the teams around us - eg Livi beat us at home and went on a great run which might be enough to keep them safe for the season, Accies 2 wins against us have lifted them 4 points clear of us, Motherwell went on a short decent run of wins after getting their first win against us.

Under Kearney we have an odd habit of doing well against some of the better teams in the league, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs whilst looking miles behind Hamilton, Livingston and Motherwell in the big 'relegation 6 pointers'.

Maybe the way forward is to have Kearney as manager for the first half followed by you-know-who in charge for the second half? :P

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Not really. Were we ever 1-0 up in a league game at HT under you-know-who this season?

We've gone from looking unlikely to take a point against anyone bar Dundee, to now giving ourselves a chance. I do think one of our potentially fatal weaknesses this season in terms of premiership survival is taking 0 points against the teams around us - eg Livi beat us at home and went on a great run which might be enough to keep them safe for the season, Accies 2 wins against us have lifted them 4 points clear of us, Motherwell went on a short decent run of wins after getting their first win against us.

Under Kearney we have an odd habit of doing well against some of the better teams in the league, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs whilst looking miles behind Hamilton, Livingston and Motherwell in the big 'relegation 6 pointers'.

Maybe the way forward is to have Kearney as manager for the first half followed by you-know-who in charge for the second half? :P

Nice try.