St.Ricky

Livingston v St Mirren 8 December 2018

We played 5 at the back and chased about in midfield in the first half keeping them at bay and holding onto our lead with our only attempt on goal. Second half the midfield completely gave up.  We  would be better off playing Cammy McPherson (or ma dug) instead of Edwards and Erharon instead of Willock and Breadner in for Jackson. At least we would be developing our own players and they may give more effort. Transfer window cannot come soon enough but in the meantime give our academy players a chance.

Well, he did make a couple of good saves against Hearts.  Agree he's not good enough, though he doesn't really get much protection from the guys in front of him.
In sure his performances are also negatively impacted by low confidence, in common with the outfield players.

37 minutes ago, Sonny said:

We played 5 at the back and chased about in midfield in the first half keeping them at bay and holding onto our lead with our only attempt on goal. Second half the midfield completely gave up.  We  would be better off playing Cammy McPherson (or ma dug) instead of Edwards and Erharon instead of Willock and Breadner in for Jackson. At least we would be developing our own players and they may give more effort. Transfer window cannot come soon enough but in the meantime give our academy players a chance.

Indeed. I've been impressed with some things about OK's management but constantly allowing Ryan Edwards on the pitch makes me question not only his managerial ability but his sanity as well.

I thought Willock could do something, but evidently not.

Some of these guys in the squad now aren't going to make it at any level of football.

Still, transfer window is nearly here. The signs are that big changes are coming. And we aren't even bottom never mind cut adrift. Things could honestly be a lot worse given the ability of the squad assembled.

The only surprise is that anyone is surprised by the way we perform. A draw at Easter Road on the surface looked decent but Hibs before today had not won a game for 2 months!!! Of this squad the only players who will ever play at the same or better level are Alfie Jones, Ethan (I'm just recognising potential) and Adam Hammill. The rest are simply NOWHERE near good enough for a top Championship team never mind a SPL team. 

Cody Cooke, Ryan Flynn, Josh Heaton, Jordan Fitzpatrick (on loan), Ian McShane, Cole Kpekawa, Danny Rogers, Ryan Edwards, Simione Jackson, Danny Mullen, Jeff King, James Kellerman (on loan) Wonder how much that lot are costing in wages with absolutely NO return.

Heartbreaking after the last two season.

2 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Deary me, why keep a player who wants to leave? 

You are right though, we were definitely winning plenty when Samson was here right enough...

Oh and FYI we have 2 goalkeepers.

Samson has said he was happy to play on until January, and Jack Ross was happy to wait until then.

It's not f**king difficult to see we have a better chance of winning with Samson in goals rather than this clown. A goalkeeper is not going to single-handedly win the previous games of the season, is he?

1 hour ago, Mr Optimistic said:

The only surprise is that anyone is surprised by the way we perform. A draw at Easter Road on the surface looked decent but Hibs before today had not won a game for 2 months!!! Of this squad the only players who will ever play at the same or better level are Alfie Jones, Ethan (I'm just recognising potential) and Adam Hammill. The rest are simply NOWHERE near good enough for a top Championship team never mind a SPL team. 

Cody Cooke, Ryan Flynn, Josh Heaton, Jordan Fitzpatrick (on loan), Ian McShane, Cole Kpekawa, Danny Rogers, Ryan Edwards, Simione Jackson, Danny Mullen, Jeff King, James Kellerman (on loan) Wonder how much that lot are costing in wages with absolutely NO return.

Heartbreaking after the last two season.

Thank feck you're Mr Optimistic.

Mr Pessimistic must be a right miserable fud.

It is evidently clear that OK is not up to the job he should be relieved of his duties forthwith. January transfer window really?? I wouldn't allow him any more time to make an even bigger mess of things than he's doing at present. As ever the predictable board would place Great Uncle Gus in charge until the end of the season with negative football the norm. Better get the Cineworld passes out folks looks like that'll be the place to spend Saturday afternoon's very soon as Gus has previously told us, I mean Livi, a team with a lesser budget and players who are in the main championship level are now 16 points ahead of us and have NO CHANCE OF BEING RELEGATED have taken 6 points from us so far. The board really have some explaining to do with  this disastrous appointment. 

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

Samson has said he was happy to play on until January, and Jack Ross was happy to wait until then.

It's not f**king difficult to see we have a better chance of winning with Samson in goals rather than this clown. A goalkeeper is not going to single-handedly win the previous games of the season, is he?

Since Danny Rogers came into the team we've averaged 1 point per game.

With Samson in goals we averaged 0.38 points per game. 

Truth is,  this team needs alot more than Craig Samson back in goals. 

6 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Twelve going in January with three or four coming in. Will wait and see what effect this has.

You might be right about twelve going but I think there will be 6/8 coming in. 

Things are still tight at the bottom of the league.  Could be some second half when the season restarts in January. 

Bring it on.. No point in crying about where we are. 

4 hours ago, turrabuddie said:
6 hours ago, northstbuddie said:
How many of us will be foregoing the pleasure of watching the full-game recording on BBC Alba at 6pm?

Happy to pass the controls to my wife and watch Strictly.

Hmmmm.

Ashley Roberts’ tits or Oran Kearney’s tits?

Tough choice.

3 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I still think we have a chance of turning it round if we stay within 5/6 points of the other teams down there till the January transfer window. I also think OK will turn out to be a good manager.

So if we do stay within 5/6 points by January what makes you think we can turn it round?