The Beautiful Game on the Box

shull

Tonight BT Sport 1
Guiseley  v  Fleetwood Town
FA Cup Round Two
Kick Off  20.00

I was at that game last night - 3 goals in 5 minutes.

Really enjoyed it, it’s about 15 minutes drive from my hoose it’s in Leeds

I really enjoy going to wee grounds like that.

I’ve been before when Leeds played them pre-season.

Wisnae £20 to get in either!!

2 hours ago, whydowebother said:

I was at that game last night - 3 goals in 5 minutes.

Really enjoyed it, it’s about 15 minutes drive from my hoose it’s in Leeds

I really enjoy going to wee grounds like that.

I’ve been before when Leeds played them pre-season.

Wisnae £20 to get in either!!

Nothing to beat being at a live game. 

Friday Night 

BT Sport 

SPFL Championship 

Ayr Unitit  v  Inverness Caledonian Thistle 

Kick Off  19.45

After last friday's demolition, I am looking forward to watching Ayr Ayr Super Ayr again. 

6 minutes ago, shull said:

Friday Night 

BT Sport 

SPFL Championship 

Kick Off  19.45

After last friday's demolition, I am looking forward to watching Ayr Ayr Super Ayr again. 

Thanks for posting Shull.  Ayr were excellent to watch.  In the diary! 

10 minutes ago, shull said:

Friday Night 

BT Sport 

SPFL Championship 

Kick Off  19.45

Unfortunate for ICT to be playing on the Friday night, their failure to beat Edinburgh City in the Scottish Cup means they play the replay tonight. 

8 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

HT: Watford 0-1 Manchester City

City battering Watford, it’s all to thanks Ben Foster City aren’t 4 or 5 up. A cross was chested in by Leroy Sane for the only goal.

Watford came back well, partially thanks to the highest press I have ever seen! They had about 7 men around the City box any time Ederson had the ball! Got lucky with Jesus missing chances quite a few times on the break though.

You will see more English teams trying to compete with City the way Lyon did. Obviously the quality isn't there in England, but City always seem to struggle in Europe once they come against teams that can properly put pressure on their defence.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Watford came back well, partially thanks to the highest press I have ever seen! They had about 7 men around the City box any time Ederson had the ball! Got lucky with Jesus missing chances quite a few times on the break though.

You will see more English teams trying to compete with City the way Lyon did. Obviously the quality isn't there in England, but City always seem to struggle in Europe once they come against teams that can properly put pressure on their defence.

I missed most of the second half getting my boys to sleep, but I did catch Watford’s goal and the last few minutes.

Pressing high up can leave you open but it’s a risk worth taking IMO. If you just sit back, you allow them to control the game, pick and choose their passes and eventually they’ll cut you open. By pressing high you continually force them to move quick and think quick, and increase the possibility of them making an error. It would be good to see more teams take on this approach, this team is good enough already without needing plenty of time to choose their passes as well.

3 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I missed most of the second half getting my boys to sleep, but I did catch Watford’s goal and the last few minutes.

Reading Rick's posts to them would have them conked out in seconds.

Edited by shull