SMiSA Chairman

waldorf34

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

What questions would you like the Chairman of SMiSA to ask the St Mirren board at the AGM.

1) It's great that we made a profit this year but is this year's large operating loss of £640k likely to be a one-off because of our bid to achieve promotion or is this year's relegation battle threatening to require a repeat?

2) Does our wage to turnover ratio of 75% fall into the same category?

Think that's it for now. I'd really like to hear Gordon's thoughts on both.

Edited by oaksoft

1. There has been a lot of talk of finding new revenue streams for the club, what steps have actually been taken so far?

2. Why do we serve muck at our (previously well run) corporate hospitality? I assume growing revenue from catering and hospitality at St Johnstone very successfully do has been decided against? Is creating a good impression with local business owners not considered a priority either?

3. What exactly does our Commercial Manager do on a day to day basis? Similarly, the CEO? What are the KPIs their performance will be measured against? What are the goals for developing the club's off-field activities?

17 hours ago, Kemp said:

1. There has been a lot of talk of finding new revenue streams for the club, what steps have actually been taken so far?

2. Why do we serve muck at our (previously well run) corporate hospitality? I assume growing revenue from catering and hospitality at St Johnstone very successfully do has been decided against? Is creating a good impression with local business owners not considered a priority either?

3. What exactly does our Commercial Manager do on a day to day basis? Similarly, the CEO? What are the KPIs their performance will be measured against? What are the goals for developing the club's off-field activities?

Question 1 has been answered by GLS in several interviews, Question 3 answered at the last manager Q&A

I would like him to ask the following:

given that the Fans Council actually opposed Smisa's campaign to Buy The Buds. How can Smisa members have any confidence in their best interests being served when the new Smisa club board rep, came from the Fans Council, as did the former Chairman of the fans council who is also on the club board?

and isnt it ironic neither of them would be on the club board if it hadn't been for the thirteen hundred Smisa members who actually did something about securing the club,s future?

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Question 1 has been answered by GLS in several interviews, Question 3 answered at the last manager Q&A

Basil,

what are these new revenue streams? My apologies, I cannot remember what they are and it's just so much easier to ask you instead of wasting time trawling through looking for the answers.

needle in a haystack springs to mind and less grief asking you. Cheers Bud :D

20 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Basil,

what are these new revenue streams? My apologies, I cannot remember what they are and it's just so much easier to ask you instead of wasting time trawling through looking for the answers.

Chat about filling in corners, leasing, gifting out to local businesses to increase income and sponsorship opportunities, concerts at the stadium, using the St Mirren brand better. Need to remember we're very early into a transition period to fan ownership. Rome wasn't built in a day as they say. 

As for Gus role, might be easier to look at the Q&A stuff because it  was pretty detailed. A lot of his role will be agent engagement and recruitment though. 

25 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Basil,

There arent any new revenue streams, the board have failed abysmally to get anything happening in two and a half years. Instead they are racking up record operating losses, and pillaging the Bank of Smisa to try and cover up their ineptitude!

they have in the past, and are still currently turning a blind eye to this type of woeful stewardship just along the Paisley Road, it seems there really are none so blind that cannot see.

any fool can spend money, only wise men make it.

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

There arent any new revenue streams, the board have failed abysmally to get anything happening in two and a half years. Instead they are racking up record operating losses, and pillaging the Bank of Smisa to try and cover up their ineptitude!

they have in the past, and are still currently turning a blind eye to this type of woeful stewardship just along the Paisley Road, it seems there really are none so blind that cannot see.

any fool can spend money, only wise men make it.

More negative garbage. No new income streams apart from 

- returning SP football by spending money we had 

- changing the seating arrangement for Celtic/ Rangers games 

- big money sponsor partnerships for the stadium, gyms, main team sponsors, among others 

these are off the top of my head, no doubt there are more (and planned) that could be named. 

As for the operational loss comment, it’s been very adequately shown that the strategy worked and the club has returned two years of profit. If you had a plan where we could have gotten back to the SP, all the increased revenue that comes with that and recorded a bigger profit margin, please share. Club spent money it had, not more 

37 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

- big money sponsor partnerships for the stadium, gyms, main team sponsors, among others 

these are off the top of my head, no doubt there are more (and planned) that could be named. 

As for the operational loss comment, it’s been very adequately shown that the strategy worked and the club has returned two years of profit. If you had a plan where we could have gotten back to the SP, all the increased revenue that comes with that and recorded a bigger profit margin, please share. Club spent money it had, not more 

It spent money by selling assets

48 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Like i said NO NEW revenue streams. Glad we agree on that, Its the only way to change the clubs fortunes.

our current board have sold players on the cheap, and spent the cash leaving us with relatively nothing in the way of assets. And once Kyle Magennis is gone thats the magic money tree f**ked!

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Like i said NO NEW revenue streams. Glad we agree on that, Its the only way to change the clubs fortunes.

our current board have sold players on the cheap, and spent the cash leaving us with relatively nothing in the way of assets. And once Kyle Magennis is gone thats the magic money tree f**ked!

A strategy to get us back to the SP - New income streams 

Increased sponsors - new income streams

Changing the seat arrangements for Rangers Celtic -  New income streams

Negotiating contracts for youth and women's Scotland games - New income streams 

Please let us all know how we could have sold the players for more money under the contract situations? A very ill-informed, needlessly negative comment yet again. 

Once Magennis is gone says who? Any youth player at the club could be a big money player and even if it was, we survived in the SP for nine years without any real transfer income.

Unless you have actual evidence we would 1. Spend above our means  2. We wouldn't be able to survive in the league where other clubs with lower income potential have, it's more negative nonsense. 

Genuine question which i would like an answer to : 

Why is the Gate behind the North stand closed to departing fans after the game ?   I was able to walk between the stand and dome pre match , stop and have a blether with an Accies supporting mate before hand but when i left i was told the gate stayed shut & there was no steward supervisor to explain why .

This policy is all the more bizarre when you consider thousands of old scum fans were at liberty to depart their stands after the recent games and mingle freely among home fans .

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

A strategy to get us back to the SP - New income streams 

Increased sponsors - new income streams

Changing the seat arrangements for Rangers Celtic -  New income streams

Negotiating contracts for youth and women's Scotland games - New income streams 

Please let us all know how we could have sold the players for more money under the contract situations? A very ill-informed, needlessly negative comment yet again. 

Once Magennis is gone says who? Any youth player at the club could be a big money player and even if it was, we survived in the SP for nine years without any real transfer income.

Unless you have actual evidence we would 1. Spend above our means  2. We wouldn't be able to survive in the league where other clubs with lower income potential have, it's more negative nonsense. 

I apologise if you are a bit hard of thinking, but the stadium had a sponsor when the new board came in, and  we've had a shirt sponsor since 1979/80. The strategy for  promotion was to blow over 40% more wages on it. We've had scottish youth and womens games at the stadium since it opened.

And the anyone who thinks their is bragging rights in kicking children and families out of their seats to accommodate racisct, sectarian bile that never came near bringing in the Extra six figures it was supposed to needs their head looking at.

so like you have clearly illustrated twice now! No new income streams at all... not one!

11 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Genuine question which i would like an answer to : 

Why is the Gate behind the North stand closed to departing fans after the game ?   I was able to walk between the stand and dome pre match , stop and have a blether with an Accies supporting mate before hand but when i left i was told the gate stayed shut & there was no steward supervisor to explain why .

This policy is all the more bizarre when you consider thousands of old scum fans were at liberty to depart their stands after the recent games and mingle freely among home fans .

Very interesting! I leave my seat in the Main Stand after the game and there is unimpeded 2-way traffic of fans through this gate.

7 minutes ago, smcc said:

Very interesting! I leave my seat in the Main Stand after the game and there is unimpeded 2-way traffic of fans through this gate.

I think you may be meaning the gate to the car park . I mean at the corner of the North stand nearest the West stand .   

34 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I apologise if you are a bit hard of thinking, but the stadium had a sponsor when the new board came in, and  we've had a shirt sponsor since 1979/80. The strategy for  promotion was to blow over 40% more wages on it. We've had scottish youth and womens games at the stadium since it opened.

And the anyone who thinks their is bragging rights in kicking children and families out of their seats to accommodate racisct, sectarian bile that never came near bringing in the Extra six figures it was supposed to needs their head looking at.

so like you have clearly illustrated twice now! No new income streams at all... not one!

So are you suggesting unless the board have come up with some completely ground breaking, innovative way to make money that no previous board have thought of, they've failed to bring in new income streams? And to make it even more under pressure, they should have done this within 30 months? :huh: 

Hard of thinking would be an understatement for yourself here but based on the several errors you've made in the last week or so alone, it's not a surprise. Can't give the board any credit at all for the undoubted new income streams in securing a new stadium sponsor, in brokering deals for the Scotland teams, in increasing revenue at Celtic/ Rangers games.  No one said it's reinventing the wheel but to say previous boards have negotiate similar deals so these don't count is nothing short of baffling. 

The decision on Rangers and Celtic is an emotive subject I completely understand people not being fans of it but it's still increased revenue and this one even meets your pie in the sky definition of a 'new income stream'. Just because you and some other fans don't agree with it, doesn't mean other fans don't see it as a necessary evil (matter of opinion). Roughly 1,300 extra fans at games could break the six figure mark, we've done the maths on here before. 

So like you've clearly denied twice now, the board have developed new income streams since coming to the club.