SMiSA Chairman

waldorf34

45 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Bring in someone with no experience and don't pay them? You will get ideas alright, but they would be even worse than most of the drivel on this website! :lol:

The cooking at hospitality is a prime example of what happens when you try to save on cost by exploiting students!

That is a disservice to marketing graduates. In their final year they have to find a local company and how they operate then come up with a marketing strategy which they then help implement. This is supervised and monitored at all stages with the University. The Company gets free marketing advice for 6 months and may choose to keep the graduate on after they leave Uni. I have always thought it was an ideal scenario for the Club to get a bright young thing full of the latest marketing ploys for free. And it is a course requirement for the student and provides them with valuable business experience for their CV.

Edited by Sonny

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Not sure what advice is required?

Employ a decent head chef / cook and you will get decent results!

Correct me if I am wrong and it is more complicated than that.

We put the catering out to tender so the onus is on the catering firm. Would say everything is quite slick in service. The quality of main course needs attention none of us are expecting Michelin star food. A simple tasty main course is all that is wanted. 

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

That is a disservice to marketing graduates. In their final year they have to find a local company and how they operate then come up with a marketing strategy which they then help implement. This is supervised and monitored at all stages with the University. The Company gets free marketing advice for 6 months and may choose to keep the graduate on after they leave Uni. I have always thought it was an ideal scenario for the Club to get a bright young thing full of the latest marketing ploys for free.

Which University and which course is this?

The catering is outsourced to the cheapest option, who manage it as well as they manage St mirren tv. Its feckin bleak.

as well as being the cheapest option, the club kept the premium price for hospitality, serving up the worst example of canteen food, with gut rot cheap plonk and punting it as an exclusive four course meal with fine wines. its crap, and everyone. Just gets pissed to take their mind off it, and pretend its great.

12 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The staff in hospitality work really hard want to make that point first. On Saturday at hospitality the soup was fine as was the sweet. The main course was well below average. Minute steak was extremely tough. That meat should have been braised in the oven with a sauce such as peppercorn. In the ground Birdies, sausage rolls are shockingly bad. Ok it's about tender and profit to the club surly there has to be some sort of quality control. Being in the catering trade as are a good few Saints fans why not use our knowledge to help improve things. You don't need to raise food cost to improve quality.  You do need someone with a catering back ground to set a standard of menu that's good profit but sets quality within the budget. I and am sure others would gladly put out experience forward for free to help. Hello anyone listening ? Hope it's not a case of well this is what it is. 

The pies aren't the best either.

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

Jings, Bazil, you are either very easily impressed, struggle with the basics of the English language, or just really are in the mood for an argument.

I was only replying to a question on what points SMISA could raise with the club now. I don't really see the need for you to come on and try and put me down by fabricating a story about them already having been answered. I don't really see the relevance in a couple of articles where Gordon is talking about what he wants to do in the press two and half years ago and my questions for SMISA to bring up now.

Also please look up the meaning of the term "alternative revenue streams". It doesn't mean receiving a bit more of the same pre-existing ones! :lol:

I was also at the ground recently and would just like to confirm the corners have not been filled in. I believe others may be able to back me up on this.

You asked two questions that had already been answered. What's wrong with making you aware of that? Appreciate you might not have seen it. You then said it was wrong so I showed you a couple of articles. They aren't the only two articles, I actually think it was answered at the Q&A as well. the role Gus is doing was 100% brought-up, feel free to read the posts from that meeting. Also think someone videoed it. 

Another one that refuses to give the board any sort of benefit for what they've done unless it is a 100% original idea? Disappointing but pretty expected. 

I never said they had been, again I would say to expect this in 30 months is a bit impatient. 

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

This is the sort of pish that business owners after free labour come out with. Don't want our club associated with that type of shameful practice. Shame on you!

You want younger people in your business? Then bring in a graduate and pay them a fair wage. 

We already have Jimbo working on the media side, don't think we need another wage there anyway.

Not saying the question can't be asked of course.

There will be people at university that will bite your hand off for the chance to do some kind of business strategy for st Mirren or any business for that matter. Nothing wrong with this approach as it can work towards someone’s degree and help them get a better paid job than we’d be able to offer. 

We have reached out and worked with UWS students in this way. 

Edited by bazil85

The willingness to involve students is commendable but quality has to be provided when you are charging people for a service.

No amount of "We're doing students a good turn" matters when the customers are not happy with the product.

I can't speak for the hospitality at our games but, as has been mentioned on numerous occasions, ST Mirren TV is poor compared to other clubs.

The customers don't give a flying feck who is providing the service, they want what they have paid for, a quality product. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The willingness to involve students is commendable but quality has to be provided when you are charging people for a service.

No amount of "We're doing students a good turn" matters when the customers are not happy with the product.

I can't speak for the hospitality at our games but, as has been mentioned on numerous occasions, ST Mirren TV is poor compared to other clubs.

The customers don't give a flying feck who is providing the service, they want what they have paid for, a quality product. 

God don’t suggest adding another wage to the staff bill, we’ll get those same seven fans kicking off. 

Its almost like the club can’t win here. Cut the outgoings but HD web streaming, several paid graduate positions and gourmet food a must! :lol:

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

God don’t suggest adding another wage to the staff bill, we’ll get those same seven fans kicking off. 

Its almost like the club can’t win here. Cut the outgoings but HD web streaming, several paid graduate positions and gourmet food a must! :lol:

Usual deflection and, as I mentioned before, you would take it up the jackise for "the club".

It's almost like people can't constructively criticise.

Cut the outgoings and provide a 2nd rate service, that's the way ahead. :lol:

FFS you don't have a clue. 

Anyway, who the feck asked you? 

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Usual deflection and, as I mentioned before, you would take it up the jackise for "the club".

It's almost like people can't constructively criticise.

Cut the outgoings and provide a 2nd rate service, that's the way ahead. :lol:

FFS you don't have a clue. 

Anyway, who the feck asked you? 

Could not agree more, a number of people are completely incapable of constructive criticism 

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Could not agree more, a number of people are completely incapable of constructive criticism 

More deflection.

Nobody said gourmet food, this is your usual tactic of changing the goalposts for effect.

Could you clarify, you are quite happy the club provide a 2nd rate service while charging 1st rate prices?

I have wondered for years why people must eat at the football.Don't they eat in the house before they leave or even get something on the way to the match from the numerous decent eats place around?

If you can't go 90 mins without food you deserve to be ripped off.

36 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

More deflection.

Nobody said gourmet food, this is your usual tactic of changing the goalposts for effect.

Could you clarify, you are quite happy the club provide a 2nd rate service while charging 1st rate prices?

In what way am I deflecting? Make no qualms about my overarching point here, there are a small number of fans on here that no matter what SMISA/ SMFC do it will not be good enough. I have no issue with people having different opinions but when the themes of certain people is to always look for a negative regardless of situation, that's where I take issue. 

The thing is, some of the points are valid. It's the manner in which they're presented and the relentless nature in which they are presented. So to answer your question, no I wouldn't be happy with that. I've been to hospitality a good number of times and never had issue with the food. I was recently in the directors lounge for the £25 SMISA prize draw thing as well and it was the absolute best of gear. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

In what way am I deflecting? Make no qualms about my overarching point here, there are a small number of fans on here that no matter what SMISA/ SMFC do it will not be good enough. I have no issue with people having different opinions but when the themes of certain people is to always look for a negative regardless of situation, that's where I take issue. 

The thing is, some of the points are valid. It's the manner in which they're presented and the relentless nature in which they are presented. So to answer your question, no I wouldn't be happy with that. I've been to hospitality a good number of times and never had issue with the food. I was recently in the directors lounge for the £25 SMISA prize draw thing as well and it was the absolute best of gear. 

Why is not best of gear at the various Pie Huts ? 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

1st paragraph, deflection, nothing to do with my original point. :lol:

2nd paragraph, TBH going by your numerous posts in defending EVERYTHING about the club you would eat dog shit and say yummy.  :green

I also mentioned the much maligned St Mirren TV which is average, at best. 

As has been mentioned, who made you the mouthpiece in this, and a few other threads? 

Any discounts at the Pie Huts for the Cup Tie ? 

Season Tickets valid for Cup Tie ? 

Voucher for free food and drink when a Match Ticket is purchased ? 

Or is it just benefits for hospitality dudes ? 

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

This is the sort of pish that business owners after free labour come out with. Don't want our club associated with that type of shameful practice. Shame on you!

You want younger people in your business? Then bring in a graduate and pay them a fair wage. 

We already have Jimbo working on the media side, don't think we need another wage there anyway.

Not saying the question can't be asked of course.

If I offer a place in my company as an unpaid internship, I would be swamped with applicants.

Most young people are smart enough to see the bigger picture that a few months of unpaid practical experience will help them get a job and a career in the future which they may never otherwise get.

You should allow young people to make decisions about their pay for themselves.

No need for old codgers like you to get involved at all.

They might be young but they dont need your help to make decisions about their future.

Pretty arrogant of you to think they would.

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If I offer a place in my company as an unpaid internship, I would be swamped with applicants.

You should allow young people to make decisions about their pay for themselves.

No need for old codgers like you to get involved at all.

They might be young but they dont need your help to make decisions about their future.

Pretty arrogant of you to think they would.

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

"This is the sort of pish that business owners after free labour come out with."

QED

Well foreseen, Kemp.

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

"This is the sort of pish that business owners after free labour come out with."

QED

Well foreseen, Kemp.

I have no employees in my company. All of us are family members.

I said IF.

The clue was in the very first word of that post.

IF I took on an intern it would be to train them up to be useful.

Both myself and the intern would benefit. It would not be free labour, it would be UNPAID labour.

Learn the difference.

Edited by oaksoft