Jump to content

SMiSA Chairman


waldorf34
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I dropped 10p out of my pocket while I was in my car about half an hour ago. Canny find the f**ker.

I hate that. 

I feel like ripping my seat out sometimes when I drop 10p or whatever down the side of it. 

And them some dude will come in my Cab and calmly say, with no anger or upset... 

"I have just lost 500 quid at the Bookies, hopefully better luck ramorra "

And I was near inconsolable at losing 10 fecking pence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


18 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So are you suggesting unless the board have come up with some completely ground breaking, innovative way to make money that no previous board have thought of, they've failed to bring in new income streams? And to make it even more under pressure, they should have done this within 30 months? :huh: 

Hard of thinking would be an understatement for yourself here but based on the several errors you've made in the last week or so alone, it's not a surprise. Can't give the board any credit at all for the undoubted new income streams in securing a new stadium sponsor, in brokering deals for the Scotland teams, in increasing revenue at Celtic/ Rangers games.  No one said it's reinventing the wheel but to say previous boards have negotiate similar deals so these don't count is nothing short of baffling. 

The decision on Rangers and Celtic is an emotive subject I completely understand people not being fans of it but it's still increased revenue and this one even meets your pie in the sky definition of a 'new income stream'. Just because you and some other fans don't agree with it, doesn't mean other fans don't see it as a necessary evil (matter of opinion). Roughly 1,300 extra fans at games could break the six figure mark, we've done the maths on here before. 

So like you've clearly denied twice now, the board have developed new income streams since coming to the club. 

 

Absolutely yes to paragraph one! The rest is your usual mince.

the board have created not one new or unique revenue stream in 30 months. Feck me the cubs could have a money making car wash function set up and making profit at the stadium tomorrow!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Absolutely yes to paragraph one! The rest is your usual mince.

the board have created not one new or unique revenue stream in 30 months. Feck me the cubs could have a money making car wash function set up and making profit at the stadium tomorrow!

Staggering and perfectly in line with your recent form. So if they were to fill in corners and open up coffee shops, office space, use the ground for concerts or the other stuff discussed, I take it none of that would count either because other clubs have done it in the past? 

How much money do you think a car wash would bring in? Ffs you’d be lucky to clear £1k profit a month. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It might be best to leave this thread open to those who just want to list their questions.

Whoever physically asks them on our behalf will obviously ask them in a more diplomatic way.

This thread should be about engaging with other forum users and not bashing them because their questions anger you.

The questions being asked by Kemp and LPM are reasonable. It is most certainly reasonable to ask for progress on new financial income streams on a regular basis to keep the board on their toes. Nothing wrong or negative with that at all.

Baz, you are starting to sound like a hardcore zealot who won't listen to anyone else with a differing opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It might be best to leave this thread open to those who just want to list their questions.

Whoever physically asks them on our behalf will obviously ask them in a more diplomatic way.

This thread should be about engaging with other forum users and not bashing them because their questions anger you.

The questions being asked by Kemp and LPM are reasonable. It is most certainly reasonable to ask for progress on new financial income streams on a regular basis to keep the board on their toes. Nothing wrong or negative with that at all.

Baz, you are starting to sound like a hardcore zealot who won't listen to anyone else with a differing opinion.

There’s nothing negative about incorrectly stating the board have ‘failed abysmally’ in creating new income streams? 

I’m all for different opinions and no matter how many times people post I’m not, that won’t change (same as no matter how many times people hint at me being on the SMISA board, it still won’t make it true).

I’m not for people posting made up lies about the club I support just because they have an overwhelming compulsion to be negative. You only need to look at the posts LPM has vanished from this last week or so, after posting wrong information and being caught out with evidence. His need to be negative even with a shockingly obvious lack of fact is clear for all to see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Staggering and perfectly in line with your recent form. So if they were to fill in corners and open up coffee shops, office space, use the ground for concerts or the other stuff discussed, I take it none of that would count either because other clubs have done it in the past? 

How much money do you think a car wash would bring in? Ffs you’d be lucky to clear £1k profit a month. 

IF.... isn't the same as Have, or Has. You may want to ponder that one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It might be best to leave this thread open to those who just want to list their questions.
Whoever physically asks them on our behalf will obviously ask them in a more diplomatic way.
This thread should be about engaging with other forum users and not bashing them because their questions anger you.
The questions being asked by Kemp and LPM are reasonable. It is most certainly reasonable to ask for progress on new financial income streams on a regular basis to keep the board on their toes. Nothing wrong or negative with that at all.
Baz, you are starting to sound like a hardcore zealot who won't listen to anyone else with a differing opinion.

Yep
A thread for question suggestions from members to ask the Chairman via SMiSA and Baz answers all beforehand
Plain rude interjection too
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

So are you suggesting unless the board have come up with some completely ground breaking, innovative way to make money that no previous board have thought of, they've failed to bring in new income streams? And to make it even more under pressure, they should have done this within 30 months? :huh: 

That would be the definition of new! 30 months is easily long enough. SMISA could do that by actively encouraging members to donate. The club could do it by being a bit more active so far as bringing in new corporate partners or facility hires. Not to mention offering more of the training gear worn by the staff. Major new money is hard to find, inviting new sponsors to hospitality instead of filling empty tables with friends might be a start. A business club, with certain concessions. Or promote the women's team in some frigging manner and maybe more sponsors will come in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

There’s nothing negative about incorrectly stating the board have ‘failed abysmally’ in creating new income streams? 

I’m all for different opinions and no matter how many times people post I’m not, that won’t change (same as no matter how many times people hint at me being on the SMISA board, it still won’t make it true).

I’m not for people posting made up lies about the club I support just because they have an overwhelming compulsion to be negative. You only need to look at the posts LPM has vanished from this last week or so, after posting wrong information and being caught out with evidence. His need to be negative even with a shockingly obvious lack of fact is clear for all to see. 

Baz, I am asking you to recognise the purpose of this thread.

You are not helping anyone by jumping down people's throats here.

People have a right to say what they want. It's up to whoever is asking the questions on our behalf to decide how to phrase them.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Why is the food at hospitality so shite?

if you are looking to increase commercial revenue streams then a basic cook widnae go a miss.

The staff in hospitality work really hard want to make that point first. On Saturday at hospitality the soup was fine as was the sweet. The main course was well below average. Minute steak was extremely tough. That meat should have been braised in the oven with a sauce such as peppercorn. In the ground Birdies, sausage rolls are shockingly bad. Ok it's about tender and profit to the club surly there has to be some sort of quality control. Being in the catering trade as are a good few Saints fans why not use our knowledge to help improve things. You don't need to raise food cost to improve quality.  You do need someone with a catering back ground to set a standard of menu that's good profit but sets quality within the budget. I and am sure others would gladly put out experience forward for free to help. Hello anyone listening ? Hope it's not a case of well this is what it is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The staff in hospitality work really hard want to make that point first. On Saturday at hospitality the soup was fine as was the sweet. The main course was well below average. Minute steak was extremely tough. That meat should have been braised in the oven with a sauce such as peppercorn. In the ground Birdies, sausage rolls are shockingly bad. Ok it's about tender and profit to the club surly there has to be some sort of quality control. Being in the catering trade as are a good few Saints fans why not use our knowledge to help improve things. You don't need to raise food cost to improve quality.  You do need someone with a catering back ground to set a standard of menu that's good profit but sets quality within the budget. I and am sure others would gladly put out experience forward for free to help. Hello anyone listening ? Hope it's not a case of well this is what it is. 

Why not give a stall holder or two from the farmers market the chance to see what they can do, if they want to that is.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The staff in hospitality work really hard want to make that point first. On Saturday at hospitality the soup was fine as was the sweet. The main course was well below average. Minute steak was extremely tough. That meat should have been braised in the oven with a sauce such as peppercorn. In the ground Birdies, sausage rolls are shockingly bad. Ok it's about tender and profit to the club surly there has to be some sort of quality control. Being in the catering trade as are a good few Saints fans why not use our knowledge to help improve things. You don't need to raise food cost to improve quality.  You do need someone with a catering back ground to set a standard of menu that's good profit but sets quality within the budget. I and am sure others would gladly put out experience forward for free to help. Hello anyone listening ? Hope it's not a case of well this is what it is. 

 

Was at Thistle a couple weeks back and it was top notch. They are using En Croute who we used to use.

They were also great with serving you drink. Would highly recommend it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

That would be the definition of new! 30 months is easily long enough. SMISA could do that by actively encouraging members to donate. The club could do it by being a bit more active so far as bringing in new corporate partners or facility hires. Not to mention offering more of the training gear worn by the staff. Major new money is hard to find, inviting new sponsors to hospitality instead of filling empty tables with friends might be a start. A business club, with certain concessions. Or promote the women's team in some frigging manner and maybe more sponsors will come in. 

I would define ‘new’ as a ‘new’ revenue stream, one we didn’t have when they came to the club. If you will only give someone credit for coming up with something no one has ever done before, fine but I think it’s very unfair. 

SMISA fans already donate up to £300 a year extra to the club, how much more do you expect? 

Old boards have brought in corporate partners before, by your definition it wouldn’t be ‘new’ I named a few new corporate partners earlier by my definition. 

Same goes for sponsors and corporate guests. We have made a profit two years in a row and they’ve gotten us back to SP football. What more do you expect? Them to cure a disease maybe, or end world hunger? Some people are genuinely never happy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Baz, I am asking you to recognise the purpose of this thread.

You are not helping anyone by jumping down people's throats here.

People have a right to say what they want. It's up to whoever is asking the questions on our behalf to decide how to phrase them.

 

I’ve answered a couple of question that people weren’t aware had been answered. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, melmac said:

Why are the club not taking on a marketing intern from a local uni who could bring some fresh ideas.

At the risk of getting shot down in answering another question, the club have recently done something similar to this. They’ve engaged people in education about business plans to increase income including holding concerts at the stadium and income generation if we were to fill in corners of the stadium. 

I don’t know a great deal more than that, it was a conversation with a SMFC charity partner. Apparently they might reach out to clubs like Falkirk and Kilmarnock who have used their stadiums for other uses as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, melmac said:

Why are the club not taking on a marketing intern from a local uni who could bring some fresh ideas.

Bring in someone with no experience and don't pay them? You will get ideas alright, but they would be even worse than most of the drivel on this website! :lol:

The cooking at hospitality is a prime example of what happens when you try to save on cost by exploiting students!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Jings, Bazil, you are either very easily impressed, struggle with the basics of the English language, or just really are in the mood for an argument.

I was only replying to a question on what points SMISA could raise with the club now. I don't really see the need for you to come on and try and put me down by fabricating a story about them already having been answered. I don't really see the relevance in a couple of articles where Gordon is talking about what he wants to do in the press two and half years ago and my questions for SMISA to bring up now.

Also please look up the meaning of the term "alternative revenue streams". It doesn't mean receiving a bit more of the same pre-existing ones! :lol:

I was also at the ground recently and would just like to confirm the corners have not been filled in. I believe others may be able to back me up on this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

 I and am sure others would gladly put out experience forward for free to help. Hello anyone listening ? Hope it's not a case of well this is what it is. 

1

Not sure what advice is required?

Employ a decent head chef / cook and you will get decent results!

Correct me if I am wrong and it is more complicated than that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Bring in someone with no experience and don't pay them? You will get ideas alright, but they would be even worse than most of the drivel on this website! :lol:

The cooking at hospitality is a prime example of what happens when you try to save on cost by exploiting students!

Young interns are very likely to have more ideas about how to connect with a younger demographic.

They will have better knowledge about how to do that without spending any money than old codgers your age.

You shouldn't be so quick to put young people down.

And certainly not on this thread which is SUPPOSED to be about people asking questions rather than taking it upon themselves to answer them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Young interns are very likely to have more ideas about how to connect with a younger demographic.

They will have better knowledge about how to do that without spending any money than old codgers your age.

You shouldn't be so quick to put young people down.

And certainly not on this thread which is SUPPOSED to be about people asking questions rather than taking it upon themselves to answer them.

This is the sort of pish that business owners after free labour come out with. Don't want our club associated with that type of shameful practice. Shame on you!

You want younger people in your business? Then bring in a graduate and pay them a fair wage. 

We already have Jimbo working on the media side, don't think we need another wage there anyway.

Not saying the question can't be asked of course.

Edited by Kemp
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...