60% of Britons believe conspiracy theories. .

saintnextlifetime

:lol:

Sixty per cent of British people believe at least one conspiracy theory about how the country is run or the veracity of information they have been given, a major new study has found – part of a pattern of deep distrust of authority that has become widespread across Europe and the US.

^^^^^ Not quite the crackpot ideas that rattle about that empty vessel, known as your head. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

23 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

What is crystal clear there was never going to be a Berxit even with the sound bite lie no deal is better than a bad deal. Now it's looking like half in half out with no say on the rules still paying billions. The only good thing I can see coming out of this is full independence for Scotland that is no conspiracy. 

42 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

What is crystal clear there was never going to be a Berxit even with the sound bite lie no deal is better than a bad deal. Now it's looking like half in half out with no say on the rules still paying billions. The only good thing I can see coming out of this is full independence for Scotland that is no conspiracy. 

They were always going to make it VERY difficult for us to leave otherwise others would leave and then the danger for them would be the whole , corrupt,  house if cards cakes in and Germany goes back to being just Germany. As far as full independence goes , the current Nationalist party doesn't favour that so a few more years to wait for that. .

51 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

They were always going to make it VERY difficult for us to leave otherwise others would leave and then the danger for them would be the whole , corrupt,  house if cards cakes in and Germany goes back to being just Germany. As far as full independence goes , the current Nationalist party doesn't favour that so a few more years to wait for that. .

I'm not sure Neil regarding independence if a hard Berxit was on the cards I can see a vote on indie forthcoming.  However I doubt there will be a hard Berxit as in my first post above. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Scotland will not get Indy on back of this,  what makes people think this ? There is no evidence to suggest support is rising, if anything its falling

We have a surge in Tory support in Scotland and single handled Scotland kept the Tories in Power after the last GE.

There is no appetite to go it alone and the one thing the Brexit fiasco has shown is that the EU will always put themselves....

SNPs lost the majority in the last Scottish Elections....

We have Salmondgate to hit us yet, the twat that managed to lose his seat before he started gropping fellow civil servants,  and if the UK leave with no deal the one thing you can clear on is them doing all they can to keep the Kingdom United...

SNPs had their chance in 2015, with 56 MPs but decided to bend to conformity and take up their seats in Westminster. By doing that they lost their mandate,,, and have just been cannon fodder that even a weak Labour doesnt take seriously....

NS is an appalling head figure, with no political clue on how to unite Scotland. Some claiming she is Pro Catholic, with her love for the joke Green River City with entire cast being Pro Catholic.

I used to be SNP until NS took reigns , what a total clesterfeck the SNPs are now , banging on and no one listening

PS- Europe could not give a shit about our wee nation.....

Is above conspiracy or fact  :whistle

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Scotland will not get Indy on back of this,  what makes people think this ? There is no evidence to suggest support is rising, if anything its falling

We have a surge in Tory support in Scotland and single handled Scotland kept the Tories in Power after the last GE.

There is no appetite to go it alone and the one thing the Brexit fiasco has shown is that the EU will always put themselves....

We have Salmondgate to hit us yet, the twat that managed to lose his seat before he started gropping fellow civil servants,  and if the UK leave with no deal the one thing you can clear on is them doing all they can to keep the Kingdom United...

SNPs had their chance in 2015, with 56 MPs but decided to bend to conformity and take up their seats in Westminster. By doing that they lost their mandate,,, and have just been cannon fodder that even a weak Labour doesnt take seriously....

NS is an appalling head figure, with no political clue on how to unite Scotland. Some claiming she is Pro Catholic, with her love for the joke Green River City with entire cast being Pro Catholic.

I used to be SNP until NS took reigns , what a total clesterfeck the SNPs are now , banging on and no one listening

Regarding Salmond I will wait until proven in a court of law.  Catholic what's that all about ? I don't care about any religion have no problem with those who follow faith ether their choice. I have a brother-in-law in the Orange order not from the wife's side I may add. Your Language  sounds quite simlour to that bitter nut job so somewhat taken aback by you. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Regarding Salmond I will wait until proven in a court of law.  Catholic what's that all about ? I don't care about any religion have no problem with those who follow faith ether their choice. I have a brother-in-law in the Orange order not from the wife's side I may add. Your Lagrange sounds quite simlour to that bitter nut job so somewhat taken aback by you. 

I think that Salmond got the whole gropping alegations put on him because he went running to RT , they don't like it up'em.  Unfortunately , religion in Scotland i.e the whole Catholic/Prebyterianism shit still goes on . It was said after the 2014 referendum that if you vote Yes you were probably male , from the Glasgow area and Catholic. . it doesn't help when you have nearly the full weight of the LOL membership taking to the streets a couple of days before the referendum , to say vote No. .

16 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I think that Salmond got the whole gropping alegations put on him because he went running to RT , they don't like it up'em.  Unfortunately , religion in Scotland i.e the whole Catholic/Prebyterianism shit still goes on . It was said after the 2014 referendum that if you vote Yes you were probably male , from the Glasgow area and Catholic. . it doesn't help when you have nearly the full weight of the LOL membership taking to the streets a couple of days before the referendum , to say vote No. .

Agree regarding Salmond years and years pass all of a sudden this pops it's head up out the clouds after criticism from the UK government being on RT. MI5 go find muck. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

NS is an appalling head figure, with no political clue on how to unite Scotland. Some claiming she is Pro Catholic, with her love for the joke Green River City with entire cast being Pro Catholic

ETA. Forget it. Not interested in getting involved in this clusterf**k of a discussion.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Regarding Salmond I will wait until proven in a court of law.  Catholic what's that all about ? I don't care about any religion have no problem with those who follow faith ether their choice. I have a brother-in-law in the Orange order not from the wife's side I may add. Your Language  sounds quite simlour to that bitter nut job so somewhat taken aback by you. 

IOBs I wont ignore you..... just to explain my outburst without that knob Oaky throwing in his 6 braincells.

SNP had a wonderful chance. A mandate both in Westmonster and Holyrood in 2015. That was off the back of a very encouraging Indy vote. That was 3 years ago. Since then the party has gone backwards. Not only in the polls but also the fact that Tories are winning seats , the highest amount in over 30 years. Thats appalling, and how is that possible ?

As for my  River City comments, as I never watch it, i do notice a lot of would be voters get turned off by her thinking she is supporting something Scottish. Take the High Road it isnt. I dont concur to Rosemary Beads or Flutes but a lot of would be Scots do, thats just the way it is.

Again- like the Salmon fiasco its just poor poor self marketing, and leaving the SNPs exposed for cheap shots.....

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

IOBs I wont ignore you..... just to explain my outburst without that knob Oaky throwing in his 6 braincells.

SNP had a wonderful chance. A mandate both in Westmonster and Holyrood in 2015. That was off the back of a very encouraging Indy vote. That was 3 years ago. Since then the party has gone backwards. Not only in the polls but also the fact that Tories are winning seats , the highest amount in over 30 years. Thats appalling, and how is that possible ?

As for my  River City comments, as I never watch it, i do notice a lot of would be voters get turned off by her thinking she is supporting something Scottish. Take the High Road it isnt. I dont concur to Rosemary Beads or Flutes but a lot of would be Scots do, thats just the way it is.

Again- like the Salmon fiasco its just poor poor self marketing, and leaving the SNPs exposed for cheap shots.....

Ok I was picking up anti Catholic vides given your a buddie it came as a surprise.  Obviously your not which I'm glad to hear. 

9 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Do you really need someone to answer that question for you?:blink:

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

DJ.  Three reasons why Scotland might matter to Europe.  First is security and the seaway to the north between Scotland and Iceland.  Nuclear weapons storage and monitoring of the shipping channel for Russian boats and Submarines who otherwise would need to use the congested and narrow English Channel route.  Second is our oil and gas reserves,  as yet untapped,  off the west coast and finally our supplies of clean drinking water and our green energy resources. 

5 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Neither.

Just crap. Start to finish

19 hours ago, DougJamie said:

SNP are still the biggest Scottish party in Westminster and Hollyrood. They were never going to repeat the phenomenal, unprecedented result from the previous UK election  and the Scottish Assembly voting structure was actually made to prevent an overall majority but the SNP did this and nearly did it again. Another magnificent result.

I've seen no polls which suggest a substantial reduction in the SNP, nor independence. In fact recent spot polls suggest Indy is back on the cards.

Where is the evidence that the major insight into Scottish life that is River City is making sane people decide on a politician's worth?

Salmond is defending himself against accusations made and should be afforded the same right as every one else. He has nothing to do with the SNP anymore and you're actually the first person I've noted regurgitating this so I doubt it's reflecting, positively or otherwise, on any opinions about the very serious subject of what is going to be best for the Scottish people at this turbulent but paramount  juncture.

ETA. The Tories made gains on the back of a poor Labour and L.D. performance as they all had the same platform. Not a reflection on the SNP whose vote stayed fairly neutral.

Edited by stlucifer

In fairness, there are conspiracy theories that 100% turned out to be true. Accepting an “official” story of events without question is very naive, especially when there’s profit involved.

MK ultra - 100% true

Operation Northwoods - 100% true

PRISM/mass surveillance of population - 100% true

Best to keep an open mind.

:ph34r:

5 hours ago, Doakes said:

In fairness, there are conspiracy theories that 100% turned out to be true. Accepting an “official” story of events without question is very naive, especially when there’s profit involved.

MK ultra - 100% true

You forgot JFK assassination and moonlandings.

8 hours ago, stlucifer said:

SNP are still the biggest Scottish party in Westminster and Hollyrood. They were never going to repeat the phenomenal, unprecedented result from the previous UK election  and the Scottish Assembly voting structure was actually made to prevent an overall majority but the SNP did this and nearly did it again. Another magnificent result.

I've seen no polls which suggest a substantial reduction in the SNP, nor independence. In fact recent spot polls suggest Indy is back on the cards.

Where is the evidence that the major insight into Scottish life that is River City is making sane people decide on a politician's worth?

Salmond is defending himself against accusations made and should be afforded the same right as every one else. He has nothing to do with the SNP anymore and you're actually the first person I've noted regurgitating this so I doubt it's reflecting, positively or otherwise, on any opinions about the very serious subject of what is going to be best for the Scottish people at this turbulent but paramount  juncture.

ETA. The Tories made gains on the back of a poor Labour and L.D. performance as they all had the same platform. Not a reflection on the SNP whose vote stayed fairly neutral.

Salmond lost his seat FFS

8 hours ago, Doakes said:

MK ultra - 100% true

Indeed. .

Of course some conspiracy theories are nothing more than corruption at a high level . For instance Ed Heath was paid a substantial amount personally in 1972 to sign the UK up to the EEC and many years  later when he was asked if he knew that it was going to lead to a European supersate he said he did .

Tony Blair lied to the UK public in order to get you UK involvement in the Gulf War, more corruption . He has amassed a personal fortune of over £10million on the back of being an ex-PrimeMinister of the UK. .

Also , the fact that Big Pharma has managed to get almost half of the UK population taking their drugs isnae really a conspiracy but just corrupt big business avarice , of course I'm sure they will continue to use every selling avenue they have to try and get the other half of the population using their harmful wares too .