St Mirren v Aberdeen 15/12/18

faraway saint

27 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I'd naturally like to see a home win.  Against all logic,  other than that Aberdeen are a bit inconsistent this season (other than against us!) I am going for a draw. 

This is predicated on Ferdinand and Paul McGinn playing. 

When will Ferdinand be able to last a full game without needing to go off for a pie?

Was sent a pic of him today, we're into December and he's still looking like he's in Benidorm in June. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

When will Ferdinand be able to last a full game without needing to go off for a pie?

Was sent a pic of him today, we're into December and he's still looking like he's in Benidorm in June. 

Fair point.. I said predicated upon. 

Be surprised if we get anything out of this game, but I thought that before the Hearts game. You never know with the mighty Saints, but head says an easy victory for the sheep.
It’s a tough period to say the least, but we’ve been here so many times over the years. A wee shock victory would make it all the more sweeter because none of us expect it. Fingers pessimistically crossed. Just hope one of the ballboys have a decent pair of goalie gloves.

Watch out Aberdeen - we are a team hurting, lacking points and you are unlikely to doubt that the 3 points are already in the bag..

From us? Perhaps a bit of pride and some cohesiveness, with a good measure of luck and some necessary changes please OK.

I have a suspicion that some very decent signings are on the way....

12 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Watch out Aberdeen - we are a team hurting, lacking points and you are unlikely to doubt that the 3 points are already in the bag..

From us? Perhaps a bit of pride and some cohesiveness, with a good measure of luck and some necessary changes please OK.

I have a suspicion that some very decent signings are on the way....

Really ? Is that just a gut feeling or do you think we can attract talent to a club that is  massive fav to go down. What will we offer this talent? A 6 month deal ?

We should merge Saints with Brexit thread as I have the same feeling its all going to end very badly, with some really bad decisions made along the way

23 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Really ? Is that just a gut feeling or do you think we can attract talent to a club that is  massive fav to go down. What will we offer this talent? A 6 month deal ?

We should merge Saints with Brexit thread as I have the same feeling its all going to end very badly, with some really bad decisions made along the way

The big  difference is we can't unilaterally  reverse our results.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

There are a number of times in history where the seemingly inevitable did not happen - even in football - From the Premiership, the Ross County escape comes to mind. From closer to home  our own escape in the Championship on goal difference comes to mind. 

It seems you want to give me a hard time for wishful thinking and because you have no hope whatsoever that we can attract decent players!

There are guys out there not playing 1st team football with real talent, but in squads that are very good - do you think these guys are happy not playing each week?

In my footballing career I hated even being a sub or subbed, even if it was an injury, never mind being frozen out. I would have "kicked my granny" for a game at any of the clubs I played at every week. (before you accuse me of granny abuse - it is only a metaphor)

It can work out for their clubs too - putting players that are not in their plans in the shop window for 6 months and bringing in some part of their wages.

If my memory serves me right one Mr Goncalves had been a Nice player who was unknown in Scotland, but scored a brace on his 1st game for us & went on to score 8 in that 2nd half of the season.

We need at least 3 guys who have that kind of impact. Is it likely, probably not; is it possible, yes of course it is... You can bet your boots within the club there will be plenty of efforts, so here's hoping they are highly successful.

There is too much at stake, we need to stay up.