St Mirren v Aberdeen 15/12/18

faraway saint

The good new is we have found a keeper - someone that can keep a ball in the park on kickouts and make saves. And we save a wage with Rodgers returning to Aberdeen.  Other good news is we are closer to getting rid of those that are not performing. Edwards could easily do a job for Paisley Harriers I reckon but as a footballer he is rotten - cannot pass and with zero game awareness. I assume he must have incriminating photos of Oran to get a game each week.

37 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The good new is we have found a keeper - someone that can keep a ball in the park on kickouts and make saves. And we save a wage with Rodgers returning to Aberdeen.  Other good news is we are closer to getting rid of those that are not performing. Edwards could easily do a job for Paisley Harriers I reckon but as a footballer he is rotten - cannot pass and with zero game awareness. I assume he must have incriminating photos of Oran to get a game each week.

What baffles me about Edwards is how Hearts ever signed this guy. Completely stumped on that one.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Yes.

But a cardboard cut out of Samson would be better than Rogers.

Lyness made a couple of good stops though his distribution was poor at times.

At least we competed for 90 minutes. Still think we're f*kced though.

If we stay within touching distance of Hamilton then we are anything but f*cked.

Good window in Jan with Gus and Jimmy Nicholls input too and we could get second bottom. 

I think Dundee will be too good under McIntrye post window also.

1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

If we stay within touching distance of Hamilton then we are anything but f*cked.

Good window in Jan with Gus and Jimmy Nicholls input too and we could get second bottom. 

I think Dundee will be too good under McIntrye post window also.

You have too much faith in O.K.

And if it's management by consensus we're even more f*kced. Three different styles trying to organise a side? 

Hard lines I thought for today. We’re making small steps in the right direction whether it’s gonna be enough remains to be seen.

Jackson for me just isn’t working, up top on his own at least. He needs someone to play off. If we had a Cosgrove in our team we’d have beaten them today. Another thing for me is Cammy. Get him in his best position and keep him there. Held the ball up well when he came on and turned their defenders a few times. We need that just now because the bell just ain’t sticking up front.

Ryan Edwards should just cease to play football altogether.

3 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Hard lines I thought for today. We’re making small steps in the right direction whether it’s gonna be enough remains to be seen.

Jackson for me just isn’t working, up top on his own at least. He needs someone to play off. If we had a Cosgrove in our team we’d have beaten them today. Another thing for me is Cammy. Get him in his best position and keep him there. Held the ball up well when he came on and turned their defenders a few times. We need that just now because the bell just ain’t sticking up front.

I agree and yet OK picks Edwards every week. Eh why ??? Jackson..... sorry as a forward he seems lost. However we dont have any other options..... Dundee are making progress we seem to be going backwards. One win in 17 games is cheerio form.

Don’t agree. Didn’t think Dons deserved to win. But we’re too lightweight and naive at this level and Referee and linesmen shocking !!! 

What the stats say?

Lyness made a good save second half before they scored.

They scored more and had better chances than we did.

If you think we deserved something from that game you’re living in a fantasy world.

Agree a lot with this. Unfortunately cammy is leaving in January l have this on good authority so we will be looking at who comes in to solve these problems

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

The good new is we have found a keeper - someone that can keep a ball in the park on kickouts and make saves. And we save a wage with Rodgers returning to Aberdeen. 

Except Lyness is out of contract next month...

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

What baffles me about Edwards is how Hearts ever signed this guy. Completely stumped on that one.

I wondered this in the summer before we were ever linked with him. I think Partick fans themselves were baffled. It was up there with Motherwell signing the ever useless Connor Sammon.

3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
3 hours ago, renfrew bud said:
Don’t agree. Didn’t think Dons deserved to win. But we’re too lightweight and naive at this level and Referee and linesmen shocking !!! 

Absolutely spot on bud. Lyness made 2 good saves in the game. He was hardly over worked.

And their keeper made NONE we were poor yet again.  Management team left it way too late to change the formation 

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

I agree and yet OK picks Edwards every week. Eh why ??? Jackson..... sorry as a forward he seems lost. However we dont have any other options..... Dundee are making progress we seem to be going backwards. One win in 17 games is cheerio form.

Don't believe everything you read in the media, for all the talk of Dundees resurgence, in recent weeks they have only gained one point on us.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Perhaps.

However, I’m sure Oran would agree that a return of 6 points from 14 games is nothing short of a disgrace.

Yes but given the squad of players he inherited its very difficult to see it being anything else.

McIntyre is finding it hard at Dundee also due to the same reasons. 

We need a strong window and aim for 2nd bottom minimum. 

4 hours ago, saintargyll said:

I think its good that Saints are getting all their loses out early...

That seems to be the strategy.  Then go on an "invincibles " type run after a successful January Transfer Window.  I like it.  Definitely Great Escape. The Sequel. 

More pragmatically Staying in touch with both Hamilton and Dundee will see us in with a chance of staying up. 

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

Here’s the stats for anyone that’s interested:

IMG_8428.jpg

BBC aren’t always the most accurate, but they seem about right to me. They had more possession, more shots, more shots on target, less fouls.

1-2 was clearly a fair reflection on the game.

So should we have beaten Hamilton then?

Or is this another TopCat masterclass on idiocy?

Aberdeen deserved to win, but the only stat that matters and shows they should’ve is the big one in bold at the top! 

I thought we were OK today  ref gave us nothing, and it was very soft free kicks against us that gave Aberdeen their win. 

Ref gave us a few decisions in our own half to try and balance the stats out, but he consistently gave Aberdeen soft free kicks in the top third 

I thought McPherson and McGinn played well

Would give serious consideration to getting rid of all our loan players , and as many of Stubbs signings as possible, also the likes of Ecky, GMac, McShane and Kirkpatrick. 

Get a couple of grafters from ICT some better quality loanees, and take a gamble on a couple of marque type signings and we might have a chance

Edited by MenstrieSaint

11 hours ago, stlucifer said:

You have too much faith in O.K.

And if it's management by consensus we're even more f*kced. Three different styles trying to organise a side? 

We are not dead yet. Keep in touch and see what January brings. Oran is ok :D you can't keep changing the manager just because you lose a few results :P

Here’s the stats for anyone that’s interested:

IMG_8428.thumb.jpg.23624bb608c11c4df4a012a7fe1ef5a7.jpg

BBC aren’t always the most accurate, but they seem about right to me. They had more possession, more shots, more shots on target, less fouls.

1-2 was clearly a fair reflection on the game.

Less fouls, the ref gave them everything you failed to mention that.

12 hours ago, Hendo said:

Don't believe everything you read in the media, for all the talk of Dundees resurgence, in recent weeks they have only gained one point on us.

I have managed to form my own opinion on this one.:wink: Even with 10 men Dundee had chances v Gers. They came back from two goals v Hibs and should have been ahead yesterday. I am still looking at accies and hope Sevco thrash them today. As Dundee did and we didnt

Edited by DougJamie

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I have managed to form my own opinion on this one.:wink: Even with 10 men Dundee had chances v Gers. They came back from two goals v Hibs and should have been ahead yesterday. I am still looking at accies and hope Sevco thrash them today. As Dundee did and we didnt

I don't think we have had a league with this much interest in it for some time.

I think that the top 7 clubs are covered by a 6 point spread. At the bottom. .3 teams within 4 points...and 4 within 9.

Unfortunately,  we are at the wrong end right now but overall our performance level yesterday was in the right zone.

Edited by St.Ricky