St Mirren v Aberdeen 15/12/18

faraway saint

42 minutes ago, Kemp said:

-Surely the players losing motivation was just the final straw? GS was clearly happy to pull the trigger at that point.

His signings were shite and he was clearly a bit of a knob. Best to just rip the plaster off at that point.

Things have clearly improved. I've never seen a Saints team look as lost as during that Queens Park game. OK has signed a couple decent players too. At least without Stubbs there is hope it will get better next year.

The players seemed well motivated against Dumbarton in the LC & Dundee in the League opener - unfortunaely it had all changed by the time Cammy "No League Goals" Smith got his infamous Hi5 welcome from our Cap'n.

Spoiled players unable to face reality and indulged by a  reckless Chairman.

I judge improvement by tangible evidence like our results and league position and there's been none.

30 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

How the feck is clear the air talks going to fix the all the pish he signed up they were absolute correct in trying to fix their mistake on appointing him by giving him the boot when they did.

No one thought Stubbs was the bees knees yet more nonsense just some were willing to give him the time to assemble a squad since he got appointed to which he f**ked up our squad.

Stubbs was sacked to soothe the feelings of a few individuals.

Go back to the V9 signings and you'll see I was just about in a minority of one as to the likelihood of them being successful and the especially the folly of paying a fee for Heaton - at the time plenty of posters were drooling about  Stubbsy's "contacts" it's all there in the threads - feel free to have a look!

You can continue to ignore the real reason for Stubbsy's sacking but you're only kidding yourself on.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Go back to the V9 signings and you'll see I was just about in a minority of one as to the likelihood of them being successful and the especially the folly of paying a fee for Heaton - at the time plenty of posters were drooling about  Stubbsy's "contacts" it's all there in the threads - feel free to have a look!
You can continue to ignore the real reason for Stubbsy's sacking but you're only kidding yourself on.

The real reason is he done a shit job as manager you’re the one kidding yourself on that a high five from mcginn got him the sack.

You must have vast footballing knowledge to be the only one questioning signings from truro city and FC United of Manchester.

The thing is, have things improved. 
OK has signed 3 players. Ferdinand isn't fit though I'm certain he's better than others when he is. Hammill is another with talent but has had to be removed more than once due to injury/fitness. Jackson may be a good player but he lacks pace, seems afraid to go for 50/50m balls and is used badly by OK. We are no better in terms of points tally and can't hold on to a winning position. It is quite often a mystery as to our formation, players are played out of position and the substitutions bizarre. I am fast beginning to think OK is out of his depth and perhaps a transfer window might be wasted on him.

Ferdinand > kpekawa

Hammill > coulson

Jackson > brock madsen

Stubbs had a transfer window and a half decent budget to work with OK had neither

I was the the one who asked Stubbs if he was using our club as some sort of V9 experiment at the Q&A at the start of the season. Right away he took it as a personal insult. After that he treated every question the same way. The guy had no social skills or communication skills. He was sacked at the right time. Mistakes were made and we all as a club should suck it up and hope OK gets some decent players in in January and turns it around. Coys.

2 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

I was the the one who asked Stubbs if he was using our club as some sort of V9 experiment at the Q&A at the start of the season. Right away he took it as a personal insult. After that he treated every question the same way. The guy had no social skills or communication skills. He was sacked at the right time. Mistakes were made and we all as a club should suck it up and hope OK gets some decent players in in January and turns it around. Coys.

FFS Stubbs isn't the only one with no social skills or communication skills. What a question. I'm surprised he didn't tell you to piss off. What is it about people who think they can talk to others like that but get all precious when they get a similar response?

Edited by oaksoft

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Sadly... you may be correct. 

Some folks seem to enjoy wading waist deep in misery. 

I've never had that mindset so I must admit to not fully understand it.

Literally the only thing which can make a bad situation worse is adopting a negative mental attitude towards it.

It's the difference between success and failure in almost everything I can think of and yet it's not a lesson people seem willing to learn.

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I've never had that mindset so I must admit to not fully understand it.

Literally the only thing which can make a bad situation worse is adopting a negative mental attitude towards it.

It's the difference between success and failure in almost everything I can think of and yet it's not a lesson people seem willing to learn.

I share the same opportunity noon. 

Setbacks should inform and strengthen.

Sometimes even seems that there is a fear of success and it's less risky to look on the dark side. 

Aberdeen 3..0

28 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

The real reason is he done a shit job as manager you’re the one kidding yourself on that a high five from mcginn got him the sack.

You must have vast footballing knowledge to be the only one questioning signings from truro city and FC United of Manchester.

If it was just down to doing a "shit job" Stubbs would've got a lot longer to turn things around.

I was certainly among the first to criticise the balance Stubbsy's transfer dealings long before it was a "universally acknowledged fact" and if you are unable to remember when comments went from "it's a work in progress" to the hysteria of "he's killing our club" and the reason why then once again I say that's your problem.

FFS Stubbs isn't the only one with no social skills or communication skills. What a question. I'm surprised he didn't tell you to piss off. What is it about people who think they can talk to others like that but get all precious when they get a similar response?
I wasn't having a go at him. It was a simple Enquiry. I'm sure Jack Ross wouldn't reacted in the same way.

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

OK has signed 3 players. Ferdinand isn't fit though I'm certain he's better than others when he is. Hammill is another with talent but has had to be removed more than once due to injury/fitness. Jackson may be a good player but he lacks pace, seems afraid to go for 50/50m balls and is used badly by OK. We are no better in terms of points tally and can't hold on to a winning position. It is quite often a mystery as to our formation, players are played out of position and the substitutions bizarre. I am fast beginning to think OK is out of his depth and perhaps a transfer window might be wasted on him.

Until OK and the fans realise that S.McGinn in NOT a box to box midfielder the better...he should be told to hold his position between defence and half way line ( he has no pace to run back any further than that) 

Stephan just gather the ball and lay it off....brake up the opposition play and give the ball to someone with the same colour shirt as you

Get this sorted out and we have a wee chance of gaining points till the end of the season 

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I wasn't having a go at him. It was a simple Enquiry. I'm sure Jack Ross wouldn't reacted in the same way.

If you phrased it the way you said in that post as regards a V9 experiment then that's a pretty provocative way of putting iyour question if you a reasonable response. I would have seen that as an attack TBH.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I share the same opportunity noon. 

Setbacks should inform and strengthen.

Sometimes even seems that there is a fear of success and it's less risky to look on the dark side. 

Aberdeen 3..0

I am not sure I get why the fear would be one of success. What would be the rationale behind that?

There is nothing wrong with a setback knocking your mental state for a bit. It's more about what your default setting is after a short period of time - do you stay defeated or does a bit of fight kick in to try again. It's the former I can't understand.

Nice result tonight. Can't imagine it going any better.

6 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Yes, they clearly have.

It is frankly bizzare to suggest a transfer window would be wasted on Kearney. He didn't get a window or much budget and brought in three players who are all better than Stubbs rabble.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I am not sure I get why the fear would be one of success. What would be the rationale behind that?

There is nothing wrong with a setback knocking your mental state for a bit. It's more about what your default setting is after a short period of time - do you stay defeated or does a bit of fight kick in to try again. It's the former I can't understand.

Great result for Aberdeen and for Saints in the 5:1 win for the Dons. Agree that it's how one (habitually) reacts to "setbacks" Positivity is key to determination or v/v.

Fear of success isn't that unusual. People can become conditioned to accept their place (or their club's place in life and are then comfortable living within that strata. 

5 hours ago, Kemp said:

Yes, they clearly have.

It is frankly bizzare to suggest a transfer window would be wasted on Kearney. He didn't get a window or much budget and brought in three players who are all better than Stubbs rabble.

He's brought in 3 players. Better? No doubt. But 2 struggle to last a whole game, which, in fairness may be temporary, and the other is played in a formation that doesn't suit his style. What makes you think OK will be able to organise any set of players when, after 14 games In charge, he has not managed to find a formation or his strongest team from a weak pool and the only time any team he puts out on the park is motivated is when it's one of the big boys. His substitutions are also in question. 

I know he's had a sow's ear to use as a template so I don't expect a silk purse but surely seeing the shape of a purse is the least we can expect?

By the way. I do really hope I'm wrong as I'm certain he's getting the opportunity to recruit.

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Negativity is unhelpful and, when it's things I can directly influence, I try to be as positive as I can be.

The state of affairs down Greenhill Road is something I cannot affect so I am looking to others to do so. From the outside looking in, there appears to be little progression so I can't sit back pretending everything will be ok with OK. I can HOPE I'm wrong and, believe you, me I do, but it doesn't look good. I look at it logically and think that Dundee will throw money at it. They appear to have the resources. Hamilton have a mindset that has held them in good stead with a settled management in place whereas we have an unknown quantity, both in ability and financial clout to hit the problem with.

I am looking forward to coming back on here wishing I was one of those with faith  but it's a bit like religion. It's blind faith.

21 hours ago, Kemp said:

We have paid our biggest post-Bosman transfer fee for a guy that can't even get a game against Morton reserves now! 

In fairness I think Oran is mainly using the youth players in the reserve games anyway. I think the only non-youth to play Morton was Jordan Kirkpatrick.

I don’t disagree with your post though, there are many reasons that were valid in getting rid of Stubbs. And it says a lot when a transfer fee of that size is spunked on a player who doesn’t even make the bench.