Jump to content

faraway saint

St Mirren v Aberdeen 15/12/18

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

FT 1-2

Deserved loss in the end. We just don’t offer enough. Aberdeen got the wind behind them second half and pinned us back and their winning goal was coming, another poorly defended set piece from us. We rallied a bit at the end but never created anything.

1 win in 17, bottom of the league and the 3 teams above us have a game in hand. We don’t have anyone of substance at the back, in midfield or in the dugout. The only good attacking player we have is Adam Hammil (another assist today). He went off injured and his contract is up in January when he will almost certainly leave.

Merry Christmas!

I think in time you will as always be proved wrong again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good new is we have found a keeper - someone that can keep a ball in the park on kickouts and make saves. And we save a wage with Rodgers returning to Aberdeen.  Other good news is we are closer to getting rid of those that are not performing. Edwards could easily do a job for Paisley Harriers I reckon but as a footballer he is rotten - cannot pass and with zero game awareness. I assume he must have incriminating photos of Oran to get a game each week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Lyness better than Rogers?

Yes.

But a cardboard cut out of Samson would be better than Rogers.

Lyness made a couple of good stops though his distribution was poor at times.

At least we competed for 90 minutes. Still think we're f*kced though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The good new is we have found a keeper - someone that can keep a ball in the park on kickouts and make saves. And we save a wage with Rodgers returning to Aberdeen.  Other good news is we are closer to getting rid of those that are not performing. Edwards could easily do a job for Paisley Harriers I reckon but as a footballer he is rotten - cannot pass and with zero game awareness. I assume he must have incriminating photos of Oran to get a game each week.

What baffles me about Edwards is how Hearts ever signed this guy. Completely stumped on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Yes.

But a cardboard cut out of Samson would be better than Rogers.

Lyness made a couple of good stops though his distribution was poor at times.

At least we competed for 90 minutes. Still think we're f*kced though.

If we stay within touching distance of Hamilton then we are anything but f*cked.

Good window in Jan with Gus and Jimmy Nicholls input too and we could get second bottom. 

I think Dundee will be too good under McIntrye post window also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

If we stay within touching distance of Hamilton then we are anything but f*cked.

Good window in Jan with Gus and Jimmy Nicholls input too and we could get second bottom. 

I think Dundee will be too good under McIntrye post window also.

You have too much faith in O.K.

And if it's management by consensus we're even more f*kced. Three different styles trying to organise a side? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard lines I thought for today. We’re making small steps in the right direction whether it’s gonna be enough remains to be seen.

 

Jackson for me just isn’t working, up top on his own at least. He needs someone to play off. If we had a Cosgrove in our team we’d have beaten them today. Another thing for me is Cammy. Get him in his best position and keep him there. Held the ball up well when he came on and turned their defenders a few times. We need that just now because the bell just ain’t sticking up front.

 

Ryan Edwards should just cease to play football altogether.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Hard lines I thought for today. We’re making small steps in the right direction whether it’s gonna be enough remains to be seen.

 

Jackson for me just isn’t working, up top on his own at least. He needs someone to play off. If we had a Cosgrove in our team we’d have beaten them today. Another thing for me is Cammy. Get him in his best position and keep him there. Held the ball up well when he came on and turned their defenders a few times. We need that just now because the bell just ain’t sticking up front.

 

Ryan Edwards should just cease to play football altogether.

 

I agree and yet OK picks Edwards every week. Eh why ??? Jackson..... sorry as a forward he seems lost. However we dont have any other options..... Dundee are making progress we seem to be going backwards. One win in 17 games is cheerio form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Don’t agree. Didn’t think Dons deserved to win. But we’re too lightweight and naive at this level and Referee and linesmen shocking !!! 



What the stats say?

Lyness made a good save second half before they scored.

They scored more and had better chances than we did.

If you think we deserved something from that game you’re living in a fantasy world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s the stats for anyone that’s interested:

IMG_8428.jpg

BBC aren’t always the most accurate, but they seem about right to me. They had more possession, more shots, more shots on target, less fouls.

1-2 was clearly a fair reflection on the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hard lines I thought for today. We’re making small steps in the right direction whether it’s gonna be enough remains to be seen.
 
Jackson for me just isn’t working, up top on his own at least. He needs someone to play off. If we had a Cosgrove in our team we’d have beaten them today. Another thing for me is Cammy. Get him in his best position and keep him there. Held the ball up well when he came on and turned their defenders a few times. We need that just now because the bell just ain’t sticking up front.
 
Ryan Edwards should just cease to play football altogether.
 

Agree a lot with this. Unfortunately cammy is leaving in January l have this on good authority so we will be looking at who comes in to solve these problems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sonny said:

The good new is we have found a keeper - someone that can keep a ball in the park on kickouts and make saves. And we save a wage with Rodgers returning to Aberdeen. 

Except Lyness is out of contract next month...

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

What baffles me about Edwards is how Hearts ever signed this guy. Completely stumped on that one.

I wondered this in the summer before we were ever linked with him. I think Partick fans themselves were baffled. It was up there with Motherwell signing the ever useless Connor Sammon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
3 hours ago, renfrew bud said:
Don’t agree. Didn’t think Dons deserved to win. But we’re too lightweight and naive at this level and Referee and linesmen shocking !!! 

Absolutely spot on bud. Lyness made 2 good saves in the game. He was hardly over worked.

And their keeper made NONE we were poor yet again.  Management team left it way too late to change the formation 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

I agree and yet OK picks Edwards every week. Eh why ??? Jackson..... sorry as a forward he seems lost. However we dont have any other options..... Dundee are making progress we seem to be going backwards. One win in 17 games is cheerio form.

Don't believe everything you read in the media, for all the talk of Dundees resurgence, in recent weeks they have only gained one point on us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TopCat said:

 


Perhaps.

However, I’m sure Oran would agree that a return of 6 points from 14 games is nothing short of a disgrace.

 

Yes but given the squad of players he inherited its very difficult to see it being anything else.

McIntyre is finding it hard at Dundee also due to the same reasons. 

We need a strong window and aim for 2nd bottom minimum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, saintargyll said:

I think its good that Saints are getting all their loses out early...

That seems to be the strategy.  Then go on an "invincibles " type run after a successful January Transfer Window.  I like it.  Definitely Great Escape. The Sequel. 

More pragmatically Staying in touch with both Hamilton and Dundee will see us in with a chance of staying up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TopCat said:

Here’s the stats for anyone that’s interested:

IMG_8428.jpg

BBC aren’t always the most accurate, but they seem about right to me. They had more possession, more shots, more shots on target, less fouls.

1-2 was clearly a fair reflection on the game.

So should we have beaten Hamilton then?

Or is this another TopCat masterclass on idiocy?

Aberdeen deserved to win, but the only stat that matters and shows they should’ve is the big one in bold at the top! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we were OK today  ref gave us nothing, and it was very soft free kicks against us that gave Aberdeen their win. 

Ref gave us a few decisions in our own half to try and balance the stats out, but he consistently gave Aberdeen soft free kicks in the top third 

I thought McPherson and McGinn played well

Would give serious consideration to getting rid of all our loan players , and as many of Stubbs signings as possible, also the likes of Ecky, GMac, McShane and Kirkpatrick. 

Get a couple of grafters from ICT some better quality loanees, and take a gamble on a couple of marque type signings and we might have a chance

Edited by MenstrieSaint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, stlucifer said:

You have too much faith in O.K.

And if it's management by consensus we're even more f*kced. Three different styles trying to organise a side? 

We are not dead yet. Keep in touch and see what January brings. Oran is ok :D you can't keep changing the manager just because you lose a few results :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Here’s the stats for anyone that’s interested:

IMG_8428.thumb.jpg.23624bb608c11c4df4a012a7fe1ef5a7.jpg

BBC aren’t always the most accurate, but they seem about right to me. They had more possession, more shots, more shots on target, less fouls.

1-2 was clearly a fair reflection on the game.

Less fouls, the ref gave them everything you failed to mention that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hendo said:

Don't believe everything you read in the media, for all the talk of Dundees resurgence, in recent weeks they have only gained one point on us.

I have managed to form my own opinion on this one.:wink: Even with 10 men Dundee had chances v Gers. They came back from two goals v Hibs and should have been ahead yesterday. I am still looking at accies and hope Sevco thrash them today. As Dundee did and we didnt

Edited by DougJamie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×