St Mirren v Aberdeen 15/12/18

faraway saint

20 minutes ago, munoz said:

Forecast still fine on the Beeb. I get the feeling some are doing a snow dance. 

tenor (2).gif

BBC National report light snow. BBC Scotland reporting high ground and central belt will be worst hit especially from 2pm. It's absolutely freezing with rain heading north warmish with a freezing north that's what will make for heavy snow. 

Amber warning eh? Well that's me off to the shops right now to empty the shelves of bread and milk!!!! :lol:

We seem to have bred a fair number of Chicken Lickens in this country. :D

In some ways, I wish we were back in the 80's. I don't remember any of this hysterical shite about weather in those days. We just got on with it. We even sometimes put on coats and a hat if it got really cold.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Amber warning eh? Well that's me off to the shops right now to empty the shelves of bread and milk!!!! :lol:

In some ways, I wish we were back in the 80's. I don't remember any of this hysterical shite about weather in those days. We just got on with it. We even sometimes put on coats and a hat if it got really cold.

Fearty Milleniums!

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Without doubt one of your best posts ever!

16 hours ago, Hendo said:

The snow won't become heavy until 2 pm, so it'll be a typical SPFL f**k up, called off at 2.45, or they'll start the game and then abandon it, but only after Willie Collum has spent 20 minutes deciding who has built the best snowman.

FFS we play football in winter and there is a chance of a bit of snow on Saturday. People should make their own minds up about that and ACCEPT there is a chance of a call off at any time up to and including game time. The game should be scheduled unless and until there are weather conditions predicted which threaten life and limb. Nobody should be calling anything off unless absolutely necessary. If any Aberdeen fan is that bothered about a late call-off they should just stay at home.

What is with people that nobody wants to accept any potential hardship in their lives these days?

Guest TPAFKATS
FFS we play football in winter and there is a chance of a bit of snow on Saturday. People should make their own minds up about that and ACCEPT there is a chance of a call off at any time up to and including game time. The game should be scheduled unless and until there are weather conditions predicted which threaten life and limb. Nobody should be calling anything off unless absolutely necessary. If any Aberdeen fan is that bothered about a late call-off they should just stay at home.
What is with people that nobody wants to accept any potential hardship in their lives these days?
The prediction is for freezing rain on Saturday. These predicted conditions are threatening to limb and possibly life.
So the game should be called off then?

Just now, TPAFKATS said:

The prediction is for freezing rain on Saturday. These predicted conditions are threatening to limb and possibly life.
So the game should be called off then?

You really are a delicate wee soul aren't you? :lol:

If you are scared of a bit of rain, simply stay at home.

Guest TPAFKATS
You really are a delicate wee soul aren't you? [emoji38]
If you are scared of a bit of rain, simply stay at home.
Where did I say I was scared of rain.
I'm trying to give an accurate update on weather for tomorrow. Its not a bit of snow or rain. Its currently predicted to be freezing rain. This means rain washes away grit and salt and then freezes leading to treacherous conditions for drivers and also pedestrians.
How did we cope with this in the past? Folk got hurt, same as now. Difference is more info and advice out there now. Pesky scientists.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Where did I say I was scared of rain.
I'm trying to give an accurate update on weather for tomorrow. Its not a bit of snow or rain. Its currently predicted to be freezing rain. This means rain washes away grit and salt and then freezes leading to treacherous conditions for drivers and also pedestrians.
How did we cope with this in the past? Folk got hurt, same as now. Difference is more info and advice out there now. Pesky scientists.

A risk to life and limb you claimed. That's the fear right there. :lol:

Guest TPAFKATS
A risk to life and limb you claimed. That's the fear right there. [emoji38]
Nope, not fear just factual. IF the forecast freezing rain comes tomorrow you should go out for a walk on it and see if you break a bone. [emoji6]